Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The person I spoke to said that delivery needs to happen before the end date not just the invoice. I'm guessing that they have some agreement with Tesla to pay for the vehicle very close to delivery :/

Also yeah, 4.99% right now but he also said that if the RBA increases the rate again then they'll most likely increase their rates too. Said we could be looking at 5.99%. All speculation though 🤷
I would have thought that as soon as you have an invoice you can finalize the loan? Just means you would have to start payments prior to actually having the car...

some old favourites that have helped me through the wait for my Vin….

Where is the Vin?
Whole Lotta Vin
Vin will keep us together
Crazy little thing called Vin
As long as you Vin me
I believe in a thing called vin
Addicted to Vin
Vin Vin why don't you give me a call
Vin Vin the happiest sound of them all
Vin Vin I stare at my phone on the wall

Hoping Wu Wa is wrong in his video description and they don't shut down Model 3 production today. Seen it being picked up by a few Tesla news sources that Model 3 production ceases on the 12th.
Wouldnt that be a positive thing if true?
It would mean they have finished the upgrades to the model Y line early and are moving onto the Model 3 line upgrades earlier than planned. The sooner they do the upgrades the sooner they increase production capacity and the sooner everybodies orders get filled. (well, except for the people that might have had their cars built between the 12th and the original shutdown date.)

Reactions: Polarxp
Hoping Wu Wa is wrong in his video description and they don't shut down Model 3 production today. Seen it being picked up by a few Tesla news sources that Model 3 production ceases on the 12th.
I am sticking with the VedaPrime timetable of :
July 1-4 Complete power shutdown including lines
and offices
July 1-17 Model Y line shutdown
July 1-4 Model 3 line shutdown
July 5-17 Model 3 line resumes
July 18- Aug 6 Model 3 line shutdown for upgrades

Getting bored waiting for my VIN. Decided to keep myself amused.
Play along if you like. Might also help us work out some ages here 😉

Pick a song title with the word Love in it.
Replace the word “LOVE“ with “VIN” or ”a VIN”

Some I have been thinking of….
All you need is a VIN
I want to know what a VIN is.
The Power of a VIN
VIN Shack
Tainted VIN
I Heard It Through The Grapevin

I would have thought that as soon as you have an invoice you can finalize the loan? Just means you would have to start payments prior to actually having the car...
I thought the same thing but he said they wouldn't pay without having a physical car in my possesion, otherwise they'd be paying for "air". He was like "what if we paid and the boat that has your car sank before delivery?"

slighly off topic to the waiting room, but regarding ceramic coats I had it applied to my Alfa Romeo Spider... it absolutely beads water but does nothing to protect from chipping. It's more like an extra layer of clear coat paint, and you still need to wash carefully to avoid swirl marks.
FWIW, I had my MX5 PPF’d all over. It looked glorious and was easy to maintain. That said, stone chips are still a thing and the wrap won’t last forever before edges can start to lift after a couple of years and I didn’t keep it long enough to see how long before the tucked edges lifting progressed. I probably would not do an entire car again but would consider bonnet and front panels based on value for money.

Reactions: Hot_Since_77
Wouldnt that be a positive thing if true?
It would mean they have finished the upgrades to the model Y line early and are moving onto the Model 3 line upgrades earlier than planned. The sooner they do the upgrades the sooner they increase production capacity and the sooner everybodies orders get filled. (well, except for the people that might have had their cars built between the 12th and the original shutdown date.)
Going off past experiences, it would mean production might not start for export again until October if they switch to domestic.

I personally think people are overestimating the impact an increase in production of 250-300 M3s a day will have on our current situation. Yeah it'll have an impact by the end of 2023 but it doesn't help us much now... Bigger increase for Ys.

Reactions: jacksyd2022