Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming my VIN (when issued) will appear here- "vin":"","rn":"RN1165******** - between the vin inverted commas...

What browser are you using? If Microsoft Edge you might find it easier to install a JSON viewer. For example, "JSON Beautifier & Editor" or "JSONView" or one of the many others.

snip (using "JSON Beautifier & Editor") ...

1657949644886.png

Note: No VIN yet for me :-(

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormaus
Huge congrats to all the VIN recipients from the last 48hrs - great to see. Happy Birthday to those who celebrate this weekend, especially @Ormaus

Long-time listener, now kindly seeking feedback/thoughts:

28 Feb order for the stock standard RWD White/Black.
In NSW the standard issue/Tesla included Number Plates are slim White with Black characters.
Do you assess these best compliment the White RWD, OR better to stump up the extra $$ for the Black with White characters?
(This would be a similar look to Victorian 'Slimline Black' style)

Appreciate this is all very much personal preference (and likely no big deal for many), but good to get thoughts on plate matching body colour etc.
My view is a balance somewhere between discretely different and stock standard/same same.

Huge congrats to all the VIN recipients from the last 48hrs - great to see. Happy Birthday to those who celebrate this weekend, especially @Ormaus

Long-time listener, now kindly seeking feedback/thoughts:

28 Feb order for the stock standard RWD White/Black.
In NSW the standard issue/Tesla included Number Plates are slim White with Black characters.
Do you assess these best compliment the White RWD, OR better to stump up the extra $$ for the Black with White characters?
(This would be a similar look to Victorian 'Slimline Black' style)

Appreciate this is all very much personal preference (and likely no big deal for many), but good to get thoughts on plate matching body colour etc.
My view is a balance somewhere between discretely different and stock standard/same same.
I got the good old yellow and black ones but they’ll be replaced with these.
1657950456456-jpeg.829093

The boss has got this VIN!
Congratulations @Ormaus & a very happy birthday to you. Thank you for making this wait a memorable one.

Though I am glad the wait is soon to be over for everybody, I am glad I luckily found this forum and found you all.
You guys have made this whole journey of waiting for a piece of metal so joyful and relieving.

This wait reminds me of high school days, where it feels annoying and hard during high school but once you complete it, you get hit with all the nostalgic memories.

In about a month / month and a half, we will all go back to living our lives and enjoying our new ride.

Thank you all for joining this forum once again. Love you all 💕
Couldn't agree more Centrals.
Your order same day as mine and so we're both crossing fingers, toes and Cats [ no not forklifts].
I recall my first ever overseas trip about 20 years ago. The wait [10 months] seemed interminable, but at least I had a fixed date.

• Love
Reactions: Ormaus and Centrals
Couldn't agree more Centrals.
Your order same day as mine and so we're both crossing fingers, toes and Cats [ no not forklifts].
I recall my first ever overseas trip about 20 years ago. The wait [10 months] seemed interminable, but at least I had a fixed date.
Got a VIN

M3LR
White/White
OD: 24/01/22
Sydney
Delivery Date: August 23 - September 04

Time to buy some accessories.

@rtvanda we've reached 24th Jan in orders!!

Only 16 order days off! Should be very very soon. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: rtvanda
Received final invoice...
M3LR W/B
OD 4 Jan 22
VIN and Invoice 16 Jul 22
EDD 23 Aug - 2 Sep Sydney/Chatswood
Build date 15 Jul 22

What's the consensus on optimal time to make the payment?
It varies based on circumstances.

I've already sent a test payment ($100), while I dont have a final invoice yet.
Once I see that has arrived okay and I get the final invoice then I'll just send it.

While I dont accrue interest it get that task off my list.

Each to their own though :)

Reactions: axelfair89