Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was an interesting post i was reading last night from Mr Miserable about the politics behind Giga Shanghai and export production/shipping:

Yes, and did you noticed one M3 RWD MSM was ordered on 17th Jan 22 and delivered 25th March 22….

I'm in Western Australia, cars destined for this side of the country have to be unloaded at Port Kembla and then loaded onto another ship bound for Fremantle. This adds another 1-2 weeks to delivery, and I suspect Tesla wants to ensure those cars are out of their hands by the end of September, so assign them earlier to hedge against shipping delays.
Exactly this. There's always the risk you cancel the order late, then they'll need to match it to another Perthie and get it delivered before the end of September to get it off their books by the end of quarter.

Could someone who has a final invoice please hit this URL: https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/teslaaccount/document-hub/get-list
Is there an entry related to the invoice?
1658112813190.png

Hey Ormaus. I was looking at Veda service. The front page states (something along the lines) that the service provides method/knowledge to allow 'you' to do research and find the information but doesn't do it for you. I was under the impression you sign up and receive that info such as which ship it's on and where it is etc. Are you able to clarify for me? TIA.
Here is some of the email:

Thank you for supporting the Vedaprime research. It takes a lot of effort to support the local Tesla community. I wish you luck as your tracking coaching progresses. I will be giving you insights and advice on where to look for Tesla information for your car. I will not be doing individual tracking of your car. The service is is too big to provide such a level of individual service.​
To commence send a Patreon message indicating:​
1. Your full vin​
2. Your delivery location​
3. Build date (on your invoice) - if you have it​
4. Tesla estimated delivery date (if you have one)​
I aim to provide an overview for you within 48 hours.​
You have access to an exclusive Discord channel. This is where you will receive important additional updates. This is an incredibly important essential part of the service.​

I can say that looking at some of the info, there is more general build date from x -> y being on ship z, location of ships, tracking of delays at PK, car carrier issues etc, and other stuff - still working through it. I'm happy enough for my $15 as I think it will be fun to watch where my car is up to. Each to their own.

As others have said I won't change the delivery date of the car, but if you're interested to see where it is up to then sign up. Its Patreon based so do so at the start of a month cause it charges 1st of each month that you're signed up.