Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no confirmation of what so ever officially therefore everything else is hearsay until confirmed
I feel like we might have walked here before, say 2 or 3 months ago with @Hoopyfrood denial phase. Yes the pain is real but as we’ve just seen eventually the VIN will come and you’ll forget about now.
Just like everyone who now has their VIN and is focused on the invoice arrival.

@Silver Xu I’m here with you - sharing the pain.

I feel like we might have walked here before, say 2 or 3 months ago with @Hoopyfrood denial phase. Yes the pain is real but as we’ve just seen eventually the VIN will come and you’ll forget about now.
Just like everyone who now has their VIN and is focused on the invoice arrival.

@Silver Xu I’m here with you - sharing the pain.
Er... everything I said here was true. Closure on the 18th is unverified and restarted on the 6th is unverified as well.

As a reference delivery of Model 3 continues in Shanghai as we speak. The cars might be produced prior to the pause but I am keeping an eye on it.

For those who have ordered a M3 in what appears to be less popular colour combination (black or red exterior with white interior), did you find you got your order sooner than you expected (as there is a lack of these combinations and hence delivery occurred soon), or, did you find it took longer (as Tesla don't make as many in that colour combination)?

Reactions: mpowney
I feel like I'm missing something, but can someone educate me on why everyone who has received a VIN is so very keen to get their invoice ASAP?

Is this to lock in finance, or another layer of 'proof that you're actually getting a car' or what?
I was keen to get my invoice just to see build date, as that feeds into guessing which ship it's on.

For those who have ordered a M3 in what appears to be less popular colour combination (black or red exterior with white interior), did you find you got your order sooner than you expected (as there is a lack of these combinations and hence delivery occurred soon), or, did you find it took longer (as Tesla don't make as many in that colour combination)?

red/white here. probably not a good example as my order date was a few days later than some who got Q1 deliveries. My VIN was one of the first noted here in the current batch, but i would have been very near the top of the RWD list anyway. but 3 weeks since i got the updates and VIN in source code, still no invoice

red/white here. probably not a good example as my order date was a few days later than some who got Q1 deliveries. My VIN was one of the first noted here in the current batch, but i would have been very near the top of the RWD list anyway. but 3 weeks since i got the updates and VIN in source code, still no invoice
Cheers. My car isn't due to 2023 so no VIN or Invoice concerns here yet...I was just interested as black/red with white interiors seems to be the least popular by far so was just curious what that meant for orders. I'm guessing there's no rhyme or rhythm to it and no one can really predict.