Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that delivery dates have been thrown out there and I am in the throws of a Stage 3 Accessory hunt (thanks @Ormaus), I have also restarted the humdrum car stuff like insurance.
I am astounded (again) at the widely different quotes I have recieved - ranging from $980 pa (Budget Direct) up to $1950 pa (Youi). I have checked inclusions, excess etc and they all look pretty stock standard and similar. Having no great loyalty to any insurance company, the obvious choice to me is the cheaper one.

Has anyone else noticed this and have any better quotes?

• Love
Reactions: Ormaus
Now that delivery dates have been thrown out there and I am in the throws of a Stage 3 Accessory hunt (thanks @Ormaus), I have also restarted the humdrum car stuff like insurance.
I am astounded (again) at the widely different quotes I have recieved - ranging from $980 pa (Budget Direct) up to $1950 pa (Youi). I have checked inclusions, excess etc and they all look pretty stock standard and similar. Having no great loyalty to any insurance company, the obvious choice to me is the cheaper one.

Quotes are all over the place. Need to start researching again... Youi were the most expensive and NMRA the cheapest about 4 months ago

Reactions: ScubaAndy
G'day team - just a quick update & reminder to check out the Model 3 order tracking spreadsheet and fill out your details in the submission form if you have a new order or updated VIN / build / delivery date.

Over the past 24 hours we received 20 updates to the spreadsheet. 12 of these had VIN dates, 10 had build dates, and 3 had delivery dates. Most were Long Range models, but there's a couple of RWD's with recent VIN dates from the weekend.

This is some great info to help us all feel better about our delivery prospects, so thank you and keep updating it when you receive more info! Cheers.

I dont know if this link was posted here before but its a good alternative for those who wants a bump in their charging rate without spending for installation. It can be useful for those who doesnt drive alot.
Hope this help.
The Ampfibian was useful in the early days when the UMC tails were limited to 8A (on the 10A plug) and 12A (15A plug) by allowing you to draw 10A on a 10A circuit. Note in the video the car is limited to 12A on the 15A tail, their 10A tail would be limited to 8A.

The Ampfibian has a built-in 10A circuit breaker, the intention is to allow you to safely plug your caravan (with 15A plug) into a 10A circuit if you know that you won't be drawing much power, eg you're only using the lights not the airconditioner.

I don't know how long the car in the video was able to charge at 12A but I expect it would trip the breaker after some time.

As others have said, it's a much better idea to have a sparky install a 15A socket, and with recent UMCs you'll be able to draw the full 15A

Reactions: cafz

You might have already done this, but if quotes are similar, I would look at the policy wording & PDS, and check for differences there.

Lots of variation between insurers in the fine print, such as whether they will use new parts vs recycled for repairs and when (ie. some stipulate that recycled parts may be used when the car is 2 or 3yrs old, some will simply use recycled parts if originals are hard to source). There would also be variations in their policies re: hire cars (many insurers will have a cap on the daily cost of hire car and this may not cover the cost of hiring a Tesla).

Some insurers give you the option of choosing the repairer, whereas others will not give you a choice.

Anyway, just some things to consider....

NRMA also seems to be the cheapest for me by a significant amount - almost not worth looking at any others at the moment, especially since several just outright refuse to insure the 3P which is also a bit of a joke.
Good call on NRMA - cheapest so far (even with the Windscreen inclusion). Out of interest I then checked with RACQ (being a proud Qlder) and it was over double the NRMA quote - thought that was wierd. Maroon pride only goes so far.....

Reactions: ScubaAndy
That's the rubber wind noise strips.

I'm talking about actual soundproofing cotton for road noise. Most modern cars have some variation of it.

AU $77.39 5%OFF | Rear Trunk Soundproof For Tesla Model 3 Front Trunk Sound Proof Cotton Pad Hood Protective Plate Sound Insulation Deadening

**There are better value kits than that link. It was just the first one that came up in google.
So what you're saying is, this would make a great anniversary gift for my wife so I can hear her more easily when she speaks to me about something important?

Just looking for ways to rationalise the sheer volume of deliveries about to happen 😉