Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be completey wrong, but you would think with this many ships still coming after model 3 line shutdown. We would have to see Model 3's on ships Pagila - 2266, Panganella - 2267 and Morning Clara -2268. The ships are coming to Australia. Surely they will be chucking them on these boats. Which would see pick ups in September rounding out the Q1 orders with Q3 deliveries.

Reactions: axelfair89
Re the need for a speedo directly in front of the driver - years ago I owned a Nissan X-Trail with centrally mounted instruments.

It was no harder to check these than an instrument cluster in the usual place, you quickly get used to dropping your gaze at a slight angle.

When I test drove the Model 3, I had no problem reading the speedo or using the screen. If you think you may need an accessory speedo, try the car without one for a while before opening your wallet.
All facts, but it looks sooo good 🤣

Looks okay, not sure if I want one yet. Depends if I can get used to glancing at the Tesla screen or if I need something like a standard car's instrument panel.

If I do go for it I'm thinking either of these
I plan to get one of the rectangular dash screens just for wireless Carplay, although not immediately so I can give the vanilla experience a go as well. Don't think I can go without Waze these days, and the screen just looks so much nicer than a phone mount.

Looks okay, not sure if I want one yet. Depends if I can get used to glancing at the Tesla screen or if I need something like a standard car's instrument panel.

If I do go for it I'm thinking either of these
View attachment 829925View attachment 829926

More info on the rectangular one but it looks a little - shall we say square? compare to the other one.
I've looked at those. My preference would be round one, it just seems simpler to me. I decided to go with the vent one first to see whether I found it useful or not?
There's also this one too.
1658191613394.png

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus
This may be completey wrong, but you would think with this many ships still coming after model 3 line shutdown. We would have to see Model 3's on ships Pagila - 2266, Panganella - 2267 and Morning Clara -2268. The ships are coming to Australia.
Not all will be carrying Tesla's though

So far we have 2 confirmed ships carrying Tesla's ( most likely 3 with the Crystal being the 3rd )

Tesla has never had more than 3 deliveries to Aus before, suddenly jumping to 6 is a bit of a stretch i think
I dont know if this link was posted here before but its a good alternative for those who wants a bump in their charging rate without spending for installation. It can be useful for those who doesnt drive alot.
Jesus, how is this legal! ( i know it is but still ) Sounds like a good way to burn *sugar* down, especially with something else plugged into the secondary 10amp socket

Pay the sparky the $50 it takes to swap one of these out and put in a proper 15amp GPO.
Anyone know how we can get live location on the ships?

Google

Just search ship name + live location
Shipfix seems to get the most updated locations without paying for a subscription

That’s a real positive, but it’s not clear that noise prevention kits actually make things quieter.

So it might be necessary for any involuntary boot passengers to wear a gag. A bit old-school and sadly lo-tech, but there you go.
That's the rubber wind noise strips.

I'm talking about actual soundproofing cotton for road noise. Most modern cars have some variation of it.

AU $77.39 5%OFF | Rear Trunk Soundproof For Tesla Model 3 Front Trunk Sound Proof Cotton Pad Hood Protective Plate Sound Insulation Deadening

**There are better value kits than that link. It was just the first one that came up in google.

Last edited:
Reactions: New Tech Bj

I dont know if this link was posted here before but its a good alternative for those who wants a bump in their charging rate without spending for installation. It can be useful for those who doesnt drive alot.
Hope this help.
And check out the mains voltage starting to drop, be safe people don't copy this guy in the video, voltage drop = cable heating up!

• Informative
Reactions: trippa and Bennny

Hope this help.
No disrespect to the poster - but power is one area you should NOT take shortcuts in.

You should not try to draw more than 10A from a 10A socket - especially in older homes, which may not have the correct circuit breakers/RCD etc.

The last thing you want to do is overload the circuit while you're away, and come back to a house and car reduced to a pile of ashes. It's not worth it - pay a licenced sparky to come and install the correct breaker, correct GPO, and ensure the thing is up to code.

We're spending 70k+ on these cars, we can surely afford to setup a proper charger/wiring/point that is safe to use and won't put your life/car/house at risk.

Not all will be carrying Tesla's though

So far we have 2 confirmed ships carrying Tesla's ( most likely 3 with the Crystal being the 3rd )

Tesla has never had more than 3 deliveries to Aus before, suddenly jumping to 6 is a bit of a stretch i think
They are on massive backlog but so it may be. Surely the Morning Clara in end of August at least. If the Crystal is the last and we haven't had anymore allocations it looks like thats it for 3's as it leaves before the line resumes and then it will just be filled with Y's. Surly they cant carry Q1 orders to Q4, they are already backlogged like crazy.

Reactions: axelfair89