Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just not the things you aren't interested in, got it.

Given someone asked for an accountants take on the situation, and I responded, I don't see what your issue is?

It also isn't financial advice.

What you don't know could fill a warehouse.

Look, I'm not super interested in a back and forth, this is a waiting room. If someone asks a question within my realm of expertise I'm going to give them an answer.

As long as this thread is filled with talk of forklifts, factory shutdown speculation, wall chargers, finance rates and accessories, its pretty hard to object to an element of financing (novated leases). Logically disingenuous to claim its not on topic.

And far as I can tell, you aren't a mod, so kindly refrain from telling me what I can and can't do while doing whatever you want.

Thanks so much.
Please do whatever you feel comfortable doing. This is not my forum or my thread. I am not telling you not to post anything related to FBT but I am giving my own general advice that people should go to professionals for what they are seeking, as well as my feeling of such a repeated topic should be in a separate thread. This thread is precisely what you are interested in.

Labor Electric Car FBT discount

This way people interested in this topic may locate questions or answers easily, as well as find questions or answers useful. But you must know already since you are active there anyway.

Last but not the least, it is pretty obvious that non-professionals are not qualified to give financial / accounting advice to others no matter what your impression is. People are not supposed to trust these advice from amateurs.

Last edited:
My finance (with Macquarie) expired after the 2nd extension on the 17th of this month (i.e. 2 days ago). I got my invoice on the 18th...

Sent the invoice through to my contact at Macquarie and got the out of office reply.
So had a phone call from Macquarie today. No wiggle room on the dates, it was after the extension had expired and so I have to apply again and resubmit all the supporting documentation.

Interest rate jumped to 4.99%, but that is fixed for 5 years. Home loan is currently lower than that, but I feel like it's going to head past 5% pretty quickly.

From someone who ordered on exactly the same day as you when the delivery time had literally just switched to 5-7 months from 14-20 weeks and being told by the SA that my order would definitely be closer to 5 months than 7 months if my car doesn't even get on a ship until September I will be extremely disappointed, especially when my mate who ordered his LR on the same day has a delivery date of end August/early September into Perth already locked in...

The whole lack of transparency from Tesla is a complete joke and its really taking the shine of my excitement, it definitely doesn't bode well for if you are unlucky enough to have any actual car issues later down the line

Reactions: NoTimeToLose
From someone who ordered on exactly the same day as you when the delivery time had literally just switched to 5-7 months from 14-20 weeks and being told by the SA that my order would definitely be closer to 5 months than 7 months if my car doesn't even get on a ship until September I will be extremely disappointed, especially when my mate who ordered his LR on the same day has a delivery date of end August/early September into Perth already locked in...

The whole lack of transparency from Tesla is a complete joke and its really taking the shine of my excitement, it definitely doesn't bode well for if you are unlucky enough to have any actual car issues later down the line
I am your OD twin @ianhutch1.
Was wanting to order in Jan, but spent a couple of weeks exploring salary sacrifice options. Now wishing I hadn't.
😩

The whole lack of transparency from Tesla is a complete joke
I don't really get it, you were given a range when you ordered, the SA likely correctly advised you that you be closer to the front, then something out of their control happened and you got a revised EDD. What more could they do? It would be pretty impractical to attempt to give you a firm date so far out and then that open up disappointment from the other end if they can't meet those expectations.

I kind of agree but disagree at the same time.

Tesla's overall communication is pretty piss poor, you've got to come to places like this for more information then what any rep can give you.

At the same time, no other car manufacturer in the current market can give you a decent ETA or solid up to date information