Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've had some good interest in the spreadsheet and form since this local version went up - roughly 2.5x times as many people looking at the spreadsheet as have looked at the form.

By the looks of submissions, vehicle production for right-hand-drive M3's has shut down, the last VIN date update is identified as Monday 18th July, and given that was two days ago, I think we would have at least heard of one or two more if production had continued.

But still, everyone loves data. At least, I think a high proportion of us in this forum do. So please if you haven't provided your info, and you're happy to give away just a little bit of info publicly, please fill out the form ;)

Microsoft Forms

1658321819158.png

Anyone with any suggestions - what useful charts would you like to see (like, the one below)? Any improvements you think should be made, please feel free to message me.

1658322486152.png
1658322559270.png

Cheers!

We've had some good interest in the spreadsheet and form since this local version went up - roughly 2.5x times as many people looking at the spreadsheet as have looked at the form.

By the looks of submissions, vehicle production for right-hand-drive M3's has shut down, the last VIN date update is identified as Monday 18th July, and given that was two days ago, I think we would have at least heard of one or two more if production had continued.

But still, everyone loves data. At least, I think a high proportion of us in this forum do. So please if you haven't provided your info, and you're happy to give away just a little bit of info publicly, please fill out the form ;)

Microsoft Forms

View attachment 830569

Anyone with any suggestions - what useful charts would you like to see (like, the one below)? Any improvements you think should be made, please feel free to message me.

View attachment 830573 View attachment 830574

Cheers!
I think make the charts for each column mate, it’s all interesting!

Reactions: mpowney

Microsoft Forms

View attachment 830569

View attachment 830573 View attachment 830574

Cheers!
Yes, very interesting. Looking at cars around the roads, I’m surprised there isn’t more whites.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus
100% this. It rubs me so much the wrong way when people get upset about their $64K+ car is taking longer to arrive then they'd like. Completely missing that they can afford a car of that value, while there are people struggling to put food on their family's plate in this very country in their very cities right now.
Eggsactly!
Although macquarie may have the final say on whether I can afford mine 😂🥸
Not sure which will be harder in the end - convincing them or the wife

100% this. It rubs me so much the wrong way when people get upset about their $64K+ car is taking longer to arrive then they'd like. Completely missing that they can afford a car of that value, while there are people struggling to put food on their family's plate in this very country in their very cities right now.
It's funny you say that, when I was growing up my parents use to tell me that. Since now I have kids I use it on them too 😂. The issue we are going thru is completely a first world problem, and come-on we come here to procrastinate.So happy procrastinating 😂😃

Reactions: penn_
First time car purchaser here. When is the right time to go around shopping for quotes from insurance companies? Is it only after you get a Vin? I'm looking at NRMA as they seem to offer the best cost/benefit ratio.
By all means shop around, but some will call you back trying to get you to purchase straight away. Will give you some approximate amounts for you to budget for.

Personally I'd leave it till you have a specific delivery date and time appointment.

.. so cars that are built and at the loading dock and only once they're loaded onto the designated ship destined for the market, only then the VIN is flagged/allocated to ordered spec, no?

Yeah that's what I meant. NRMA in Vic is a redirection to RACV.
RACV and NRMA insurance are part owned by the same parent company, IAG. Looks like they don't want sister companies competing in the same patch. RACQ is different as they are not owned by IAG and so are a competetor. RACQ and NRMA are both available in Queensland FYI.

Reactions: New Tech Bj
First time car purchaser here. When is the right time to go around shopping for quotes from insurance companies? Is it only after you get a Vin? I'm looking at NRMA as they seem to offer the best cost/benefit ratio.
A tip I can give is to make sure you have unlimited hire car in your policy. Tesla have a history of long wait times for crash repair parts, I'm talking months in some cases. Also make sure they offer your choice of repairer as Tesla only deal nicely with authorised repairers. In my research in Brisbane AAMI are one which offer unlimited hire car as an option with a generous daily allowance and choice of repairer. Your cercumstances will be different to others so best to put aside a few hours to check them all out.

Burning questions (but no answers) with Draco:
- Is the M3 line down for maintenance or not?
- When will it be back up?
- Will it be making cars for Australia when it is back up?

And for those playing along at home, the bonus questions:
- Will refreshing the app every five minutes really make my car arrive earlier?
- Is the wait actually a blessing in disguise given the risks of driving a brand new car home in the rain with Perth drivers?

- Is the wait actually a blessing in disguise given the risks of driving a brand new car home in the rain with Perth drivers?
All good questions - I have no answers though...but I am with you!

Reactions: axelfair89

** Speculation Alert**

Most likely though not 100% confirmed or verified

Reportedly be back up with three different dates depending on the source of the news:
  • Late July (Chinese Media)
  • Beginning of August (Chinese Media)
  • 7th of August (VedaPrime and Bloomberg), with a high chance the shutdown finishes earlier than scheduled.

Tesla has a history of making Australian-bound cars in the first half of the quarter. Therefore there's a chance they will make cars to fill the ships in the middle of August (Paglia, Paganella or Morning Clara). From my gut feeling, there's little chance for Tesla not to clear the Q1 reservations in Q3 to avoid further growth of backlog, but this is only based on history and speculation so please do not take my words.

No.

A tip I can give is to make sure you have unlimited hire car in your policy. Tesla have a history of long wait times for crash repair parts, I'm talking months in some cases. Also make sure they offer your choice of repairer as Tesla only deal nicely with authorised repairers. In my research in Brisbane AAMI are one which offer unlimited hire car as an option with a generous daily allowance and choice of repairer. Your cercumstances will be different to others so best to put aside a few hours to check them all out.
Yeah ur right , make sure unlimited car hire is included because parts for tesla are hard to find at the moment. And i know with nrma you can get car replacement for the first 2 years but with all those demand you gunna be waiting for ages. Im going with nrma comprehensive plus which give me unlimited car hire and glass replacement.

Reactions: DrewBytes and penn_
And i know with nrma you can get car replacement for the first 2 years but with all those demand you gunna be waiting for ages
Read the fine print here, it may be new for old but some also need to be able to supply it in a certain time frame. They will do everything in there power to just pay you out at Market Value.

Not sure what NRMA's fine print is but be careful with new for old.