Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we have to do all the payment before a more concrete delivery date is given? Or is that independent? Right now I've got a range from Aug 24 to Sep 05, but I've been holding off doing the bulk payment of the remainder until the date is firmer. Is this the right way to go, or am I holding up getting a proper date because it's not all paid?

Do we have to do all the payment before a more concrete delivery date is given? Or is that independent? Right now I've got a range from Aug 24 to Sep 05, but I've been holding off doing the bulk payment of the remainder until the date is firmer. Is this the right way to go, or am I holding up getting a proper date because it's not all paid?
EDD will likely change before the firm date. It's not necessary to pay your final balance until closer to the actual delivery. Just make a small test payment to test everything is working OK and to get the details into your bank account for the transfer(s).

I plan to do mine two weeks before the earlier date in my EDD range. But each to their own.

Reactions: zarbs
Not looking to get an allocation any time soon, but just curious. How long in advance do people see a change from "Est. Delivery: 9-12 months from order placed date" or something like that, to an actual window (be that window large or small)? or any change from this wording. I understand some people have never had this wording on their order, so please let myself (and I'm sure others in the same situation) know where this has occurred for you.

What about the rego auth form in your account?

Has anyone been contacted by their SA about returning that after the vin was assigned? I made the assumption and emailed it to them but have not heard anything from Tesla outside the standard SMS.
Yeah I had an email from [email protected] about returning it. I replied that I had an address change and that kicked off an email conversation (same email) with an actual person or two until I got the rego template changed then I returned the signed form and they sent back an acknowledgement of receipt.

I assume I'm outside the normal experience however.

Has anyone been contacted by their SA about returning that after the vin was assigned? I made the assumption and emailed it to them but have not heard anything from Tesla outside the standard SMS.
Did you get an email from Tesla with the rego docs as an attachment? The initial docs you signed at the order stage are for the home address and licence details. They send another via email with the VIN and car details that you complete and return to the email address of the sent docs. In my case the return address was [email protected].

Reactions: Hoopyfrood

Spoke to my SA yesterday and he gave me an email address to return it. For Brisbane deliveries, it is
[email protected]

I had a rego form uploaded after the VIN allocation (Qld). That form was part filled but mangled some details and would be unusable anyway.
I had done all this paperwork in person with my SA on the day of order (VIN excluded obviously). He advised that nothing more was needed (I had to contact them): so they still have the original correct, signed form. Perhaps this applies to you.

If you have never done rego paperwork then certainly time to call your SA.

This was the first email I got about the rego auth form - a day or so after the auth form was in my account:

1658376497614.png

Reactions: lyux and Hoopyfrood