Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess we have to throw that idea out then! Unless you’re okay with opening and shutting that door every time. It makes me reconsider purchasing as well. The only other feature I liked was the in app dashboard so that I can mount my phone in between the steering wheel and the dash.
Yeah, definitely not opening the bloody door every time 😆
I can just go back to plan A and use one of the buttons 😂

Reactions: Avoz
On the accessories front, I only bought the gen 3 charger before I got the car. Since I’ve had it, I still haven’t bought anything as I can actually see no need.
What I did find is that I believe the 235/35s on the 9” uberturbines are too stretched, and also the car sits way too high.
So I’ve bought a set of H&R springs and when the tyres are worn will replace them with 255/35s which should give a total drop of 22mm

Its an online only bank, so physically withdrawing _is_ bank transfer. Also, its in my offset so the aim really is to keep it in that account until the last possible minute.

But its all good, I'm sure I'll get four or five days notice for one of the available pickup slots 🤞
Very risky anyway - you don’t want to withdraw the cash only to get held up on the way to the other bank.

Hello everyone! A new Tesla model 3 waiting person here. I ordered my Tesla on May 12th, so I’ve still got a lot of waiting to go. Has everyone who ordered in Decemeber received their car? What month has everyone ordered their Tesla?
Put your phone on landscape and you'll see everyone's details in their "signature" - Variant, Trim, OD, EDD, VIN...

Reactions: Missimpatient
On the topic of charging and such, people need to understand that the UMC is more than enough for your charging need if you commute around 60-70kms a day. Most people get home by 6 latest 7pm and leave by 5.30-6am worst case scenario if you charge at 7pm and unplug at 5.30am you charged the car for approximately 10hours at 10km/h thats 100kms of range.
The issue is people will say oh my off peak charges doesnt kick in till 10pm or 11pm .in this case dont be a tight ass to save those extra cents between peak to off peak . Remember u were coming for ice car that cost u 2.20c/L .and the full charge for a rwd from 0% to 100%at 0.35c/kwh on 60kwh will be $21 that gives u 380km of real world range
Compared to a car that has a fuel tank of 50lx 2.20=$110. So you see the savings in here. So no need to upgrade ur house to 3 phase or such. If u need more charging speed get a 32a single phase socket installed and u will get about 30 to 40 km/h which is capable of charging ur battery to 100% every night. Dont over think it.

Must admit I've lost the will to keep checking now, feels like my RWD which I was originally expecting this month is never going to arrive :(

Meanwhile my mate who ordered on the same day and seems totally indifferent as to when he gets it will have his in a couple of weeks
Exactly, I’m a week or so behind you, and this latest shutdown is a pain, considering alot of the orders after us are currently on the water! Tesla production may be fast but it doesn’t seem fair.

Anybody know why Tesla seeming have gone back to the 3D5 motor?

Just looking at my Vin LRW3F7FRxxxxxxxxx and I'm perplexed why the 8th digit isn't a "S"..

My understanding was that they all went to the newer hairpin motor as of 22?
It better bloody still be able to hit the advertised acceleration 😶‍🌫️

Did other RWD owners this batch (and the last) get the same "R" 8th digit?

Must admit I've lost the will to keep checking now, feels like my RWD which I was originally expecting this month is never going to arrive :(

Meanwhile my mate who ordered on the same day and seems totally indifferent as to when he gets it will have his in a couple of weeks
I'm feeling the same...when the VINs started appearing I was checking a few times every day....but now I just hope to see my white/black RWD in the next quarter. I actually hired a M3 RWD for a day through EVEE, thinking it might ease the wait....we had a great day driving it, but it just made me want my own one sooner.

I'm a late-February orderer, and had the gen 3 wall connector installed last week. Posted to the Facebook Tesla groups if there were any local car owners who might like to help me test the installation. I wanted to see if it would go to full 32A power delivery, and, you know, work, without blowing up my house or something. Someone kindly popped over this morning with their 18 month old Model 3 RWD - the car was one of the first off the Shanghai production line, apparently.

My take on the wall connector is as follows:
  • Perfect for minimal effort charging - it doesn't require all the faffing around that you'd endure with the universal mobile connector (UMC)
  • I think the wall connector is safer than the UMC, particularly for continued use - the plug is designed to provide a secure connection for high current delivery; on the other hand, plugging and unplugging something to a standard wall plug, like you would every couple of days with the UMC, may cause wear and tear over time
  • I like that I can get a full charge in about 8 hours - although I understand the reasoning some come to that they can live with the slower 10A available from the UMC + standard wall plug
  • You take the plug, press the button near the Tesla's butt hole, and the Tesla opens it up - this required no pre configuration, the guy just drove his Model 3 up and it all "just worked"
  • After it's plugged in, the car locks the plug to the charging port, and the touch screen goes in to charging mode showing the battery info (see photo below)
  • The car took seconds to ramp up to full 32A power delivery
  • To stop charging / unplug, hold the button on the plug for a few seconds and you hear a click, the plug is unlocked and holding the button down you can pull the plug from the charging port
Although it's internet connected, you don't get any information from the wall connector itself. If you browse to the wall connector's IP address on your WIFI network, all you get is a basic screen with the wall connector's serial number.

You can go into "commissioning mode", by turning it off and on with an upstream isolation switch, or by holding the plug button down for a period of time. Commissioning mode lets you:
  • Configure the WIFI
  • Specify whether you want to restrict the connector to specific Tesla cars, all Tesla cars, or all cars
  • Change the maximum power delivery (which your electrician should specify when they install)
  • Update the wall connector's firmware
All-in-all I see the wall connector is designed just to sit there as an appliance ready to charge your car. There's talk about future firmware updates offering new features, but no one know what the features will be. Perhaps monitoring, but who knows?

My understanding is you can tell the car to schedule recharging at different times e.g. if you have peak / off peak tarriffs with your electricity company.

View attachment 832202
That's pretty much sold me! Thanks for the insight. Info like this is exactly why I joined this forum... I also know a bit about ships and novated leasing too now 🤣