Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Build date 14/7 - what's the probability this is on Morning Clara, as opposed to Viking Passama?
Same build date as you. I am thinking that it is unlikely to be built and shipped on same day, so I am guessing that mine is on the Viking Passama and arriving at PK on 8 Aug with EDD 24/8-2/9. Seems a long time (3 weeks) to get from PK to Canberra though. Then, if not, made it onto the MC, and arrival date is brought forward, it can only make me even happier!

Wo, wo, wo. Hold up. Did you just say you got a VIN for a RWD with OD 13/3/22? Where are you located and what's your colour spec?😯
No no no... I wish! I was saying I left with a smile as seeing a waiting ticket with so many numbers made be realise when faced with the wait I have I can either smile or get angry...better to smile..sorry if you interpreted it differently. Good luck with your VIN... I am definitely way behind you. 🤞

finally got my invoice overnight for a 30/6 build date, delivery window starts tomorrow though that's obviously not going to happen.

is the wait for roof racks going to be even more painful than the wait for a car? would really like to be able to lug my bike around without taking wheels off and trying to fit it in the boot, but i've never seen them in stock

No no no... I wish! I was saying I left with a smile as seeing a waiting ticket with so many numbers made be realise when faced with the wait I have I can either smile or get angry...better to smile..sorry if you interpreted it differently. Good luck with your VIN... I am definitely way behind you. 🤞
Clearly I should coffee before Telsa Forum :). I got excited that maybe I should be paying more attention to my Tesla account.
At the moment I've got my fingers crossed for getting it before my birthday which is mid October.

Reactions: JacksonOD96
Were all like seagulls waiting for a chip to be thrown. Its got me in too. I got these today so I can skid down the track to my shed when it gets muddy. Thanks to the post here for "Tessories"

1658995456465.png

Reactions: Redrum
It takes a while for a thousand vehicles or so just to go through the import processing and pre-delivery checks. Apart from that, there just aren't enough car carriers in the country to truck them all out on the same day.
To add to this, speculation about the cars being off loaded in Brisbane ("My SA said" = "local politician said"?) makes it sound so easy to spin up this processing capability.There's processing that's done by Autonexus at scale to get the cars through customs and ready for transport to the delivery centres or direct to customers.

Once they've gone through customs, the process of booking car carriers at scale starts. It's done so that it doesn't overwhelm a delivery centre with too many cars in one go, and they aim to get the cars into the delivery centre (then washed, rego'd, charged, and prepped) and into your hands within a window of a few days so they next lot from Port Kembla can be trucked in.

finally got my invoice overnight for a 30/6 build date, delivery window starts tomorrow though that's obviously not going to happen.

is the wait for roof racks going to be even more painful than the wait for a car? would really like to be able to lug my bike around without taking wheels off and trying to fit it in the boot, but i've never seen them in stock

The roof rack situation is silly, never did I think it would be harder to get the racks than the car.

I'm about to order them in the UK and arrange freight myself to get them here. Will cost another $200 or so for freight, bit I'm out of time and just need them here.