Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup done and dusted. Went smoothly. First day? It's a very satisfying drive.

IMG_5946.jpeg

Six months for me today - 6 February. I'm now resigned to an October/November delivery.
For what it’s worth, I ordered in early December with an 8 week delivery estimate. Will be pushing 9 months by the time my car arrives.

I asked the SA if he could throw in the boost pack or premium connectivity or something to make up for it but he basically laughed at me lol. Apparently some software updates were too much to ask for a frankly insane delivery blowout.

is anyone considering buying a type 2 to type 2 cable to leave in the car? how likely is it to come across a public charger particularly in a regional area that doesn't have a cable attached?
I have because I live and travel in the regional areas and really don’t want to be caught out. I don’t have a problem if I don’t ever have to use it, I like it to be there just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtvanda
is anyone considering buying a type 2 to type 2 cable to leave in the car? how likely is it to come across a public charger particularly in a regional area that doesn't have a cable attached?
I'll be buying one to not be caught out as well, you can look through the Plugshare app/website for areas you think you'll travel to locate the types of chargers and if they need byo cables. If you aren't familiar with the app just make sure you work out how to use the filters for the types of charging infra you want to find.

Reactions: New Tech Bj
For what it’s worth, I ordered in early December with an 8 week delivery estimate. Will be pushing 9 months by the time my car arrives.

I asked the SA if he could throw in the boost pack or premium connectivity or something to make up for it but he basically laughed at me lol. Apparently some software updates were too much to ask for a frankly insane delivery blowout.
SA wouldn't have authority to give it away I would think. You could try writing a letter, but I doubt management would do anything different. Maybe the Sa laughed because he/she knew that? Hope your car comes soon and you feel it was worth the wait.

They do come in handy especially when the Tesla charger is being used and the only option is the type 2 as I have found out, have used it a number of times for free charging so it’s nearly paid for itself, it’s not a must, but..
As suggested download the plugshare app and have a look at the areas you will be travelling and what charging is available.

Tell Musky and ask him on twitter.. never know might get a 'sure' response ;). ahaha frankly better chance than asking SC especially here in Aus - they got no say whatsoever even if they would like to - if it were the states different.home market and alot more comp. there.

It depends on where and what kind of charging you plan to do. The rapid growth in DCFCs, which are always tethered, is I think rapidly reducing the need for Type 2 - Type 2 cables. Apparently 3-11 kW untethered AC chargers are more common in QLD than NSW and more common in regional areas than metro. Plugshare should tell you if a particular AC charger is untethered but it‘s not always right or that information is actually missing.

And as you know they aren’t cheap: $250 to $350. I purchased one recently because I was going on a regional/rural road trip in NSW and QLD, but I never used it. The one AC charger I thought I might need it at turned out to be tethered.

• Helpful
Reactions: rtvanda
is anyone considering buying a type 2 to type 2 cable to leave in the car? how likely is it to come across a public charger particularly in a regional area?
In Qld the Yurika chargers use untethered Type 2 as a backup.
Otherwise pretty rare beyond city areas.

Plugshare (being US based) unfortunately doesn't easily distinguish as there is no such thing as an untethered Type 1. Need to look at photos or description.

Any feedback on double sided taping (outdoor strength tape) number plates on the 3? I have new plates without holes and I don't think the Tesla peeps will want to drill holes, and I thought a clean look would be nice. Front and rear seem to have plastic mounting plates so pain damage isn't a concern. Thoughts/experiences?
Here’s another idea…not sure about legal side of it?

Here’s another idea…not sure about legal side of it?
Following on from this 3M make a product called quadlock.

Reactions: PcS000 and M@dman