Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those who have received their M3 VIN, quick question on the order that things happened in.

Did the VIN appear in source code before you had to accept the changes for Tesla Vision, or did you have to accept the changes for Tesla Vision before the VIN appeared? And when did your EDD adjust in relation to these?

Figuring out what I should be refreshing on a daily basis while waiting haha
I happened to be refreshing the api link and I noticed that the length of the URL had changed. That’s when I noticed the VIN had appeared. So, I didn’t have to accept the Tesla Vision change, even though that page was most likely open in another tab.
The EDD for me will be blank as I’ll be having my car trucked to Wagga.

Last edited:
Reactions: penn_
Overnight absolutely required if you are not used to one pedal driving. Friend if mine did a 20 minute test drive and hated it.
I did a 30 minute test drive about a month ago and was used to the single pedal driving within the first 5 minutes. Loved it and can’t wait to daily drive it. Every time I holding clutch and brake or changing gears I dream about single gear automatic driving.

Those who have received their M3 VIN, quick question on the order that things happened in.

Did the VIN appear in source code before you had to accept the changes for Tesla Vision, or did you have to accept the changes for Tesla Vision before the VIN appeared? And when did your EDD adjust in relation to these?

I didnt find it in source code first. I had the addon so it would have been automagic.

Once I accepted changes the pop up happened to say VIN! even before the screen had finished refreshing everything else.
EDD was already changed immediately for me. I understand others more recently have had other experiences. However that EDD only lasted 4-5 days and it changed to what it stayed until my Delivery SMS arrived.

Reactions: penn_
Ah I see. Would have been easier to quote the relevant paragraph but thanks for that. I guess was like that too when I was doing simple monotonous data entries into spreadsheets all day. Just did large data dumps to my boss sometimes.

Thanks for highlighting it, it does make sense then since "FSD" is cheaper here than in the states, however it just reinforces it being a bad buy.
Its a future buy at this point.

If I knew I was also paying luxury car tax on it.... I might have waited till I had the car. Ah well - live and learn.

Reactions: Polarxp

When I woke up my phone this morning there was an alert asking if Tesla can access my Bluetooth, then after I allowed it, I went to my Tesla App and it asked me to accept camera only changes etc, after that I logged into my account from my laptop and checked source code and spotted the VIN.

No not Elon, I was watching one of those video’s mentioning updates and other info and it was mentioned there.
Ah, so they were reading something into it. (Or they have other information)
Again managing expectations *sigh*

I thought this would end with the delivery of my M3.
Best I focus on what I actually know and enjoy the drive.

The rumour and hope denied just hurts.

Reactions: rtvanda and penn_
I heard that Australia is getting FSD BETA later in the year 🤞🏼
I doubt that tbh, Australia is a really strict country and they won’t allow it for many years to come. They didn’t allow the Apple Watch to do ecg’s (heart monitoring) in Australia years after it was released in the USA because it could be inaccurate and may have false information according to our doctors. I imagine that our road safety team would be similar.

Also the roads in Australia are different with give way intersections and yeild intersections being different, also programming everything backwards because we drive in the left hand side of the road, this is just scraping the surface

Sorry to destroy your hopes but I imagine Australia will be one of the last countries to accept fsd with how strict we are especially compared to America where they believe in freedom

Reactions: rtvanda and Braz
Another questions while we wait for more news on the vin, could someone tell me with usb ports allow data?

I know there’s one on the glove box got tesla cam, but i heard the 2 usb c inside the centre console and the two facing the rear passengers no longer support data. If i want to use a blue tooth receiver (8-bit do) for game controller, where would i place this? Thanks All.