Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible that we still have cars bound to AU but VINs haven’t been allocated until they’re on the ship?
In the past VINs were known to be assigned while on the water, that practice seems to have stopped recently unless a cancellation had occurred and it was reassigned to someone else while in transit. I think it's probably unlikely based on build dates reported by people who have recently got VINs and they were built the day before the VIN came through. We can only hope they will keep pumping them out for us to fill as many shipping places as they could secure to have as big a reporting quarter as possible.

Feeling really left out of the party now. Nothing against you LR & P people but, I’ve just checked the last “Waiting Room” post pages and it’s basically one or two plain RWD comments. Great news for those of you with cars on ships, but after the MY‘s ordered in June and now happily being driven, while some with Jan/Feb orders are still getting literally nothing. Not paranoid yet, but surely something’s got to happen soon.
Still here with you @MagicalseT. Share your pain.

Just wondering what's the power value for a model Y?View attachment 841141
This is mine 220 kW

1660560574859.jpeg

Thanks. I am sorry, I dont know what ship mine was on as I never did the ship track thing.

Was too busy with the Accessory research & acquisition, VIN check, RAV registry, finance, Tesla sms's, SA management, forum F5'ing, mate management, Youtube watching, charging trepidation avoidance, App loading and wifey sum-checking all above. (Still have to get nails done blue apparently!)

I reckon it's easier to get a pilot's license.

But, yes, I think it was the Viking Passama.
No, you’d need to get ”Rock Star” black…

• Funny
Reactions: *Sparkles*
I have the same window as you. No VIN (even in Chrome extension) as yet, a txt to say get my finance in order. I am Bris also. M3P
I don’t think the chrome extension is reliable. I couldn’t see any VIN in page source/chrome extension for 2 weeks. Then someone here pointed to this API call. Login to your account and then got this URL and you should see the VIN

From my own understanding and from all the info that ive gathered from watching youtube videos in the last 6 months waiting. Tesla in shanghai produce vehicles in the first half of the quarter for exports while the second half of the quarter is for domestic orders. So i guess us here with Rwd orders from jan/feb/Mar. missed this quarter for deliveries hence the august/November window.
I hope im wrong. But with all those edd posted on many forums with deliveries by the end of september for those who received vins already. Doesnt look too promising.

I have asked my SA and he said it was fine, but I should still be aiming to clear my account 2 days before delivery.

I can't afford to delay my delivery date by a day because I am heading to Gold Coast on Friday.
My SA said they would contact me if there were any issues. They will not let you too close to delivery date without all being well. Tesla were putting on personalized number plates at the time.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Centrals and Ormaus