Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What if they do another direct to Freo shipment though?
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the next ship leaving Shanghai is Morning Cherry on 22 August (the ship leaving today presumably doesn't have our cars on it given no VINs yet, but hopefully I'm wrong). Unless they take them off at Brisbane (on 6 September, my birthday) and ship them straight over, I can't see how the cars would be in Osborne Park ready for us to collect by 30 September.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the next ship leaving Shanghai is Morning Cherry on 22 August (the ship leaving today presumably doesn't have our cars on it given no VINs yet, but hopefully I'm wrong). Unless they take them off at Brisbane (on 6 September, my birthday) and ship them straight over, I can't see how the cars would be in Osborne Park ready for us to collect by 30 September.
Are you looking at the Armacup schedule? They didn't have the Ace ships on that schedule, one of those ships was the direct to Freo vessel. So you never know? If anyone has a link to a different schedule that does have those other vessels on, that'd be handy.

Made a $1 payment to test the account, where will it show up? On the amount owed on the front page of your account ?
Takes around a day to reflect. Looks like this:

1660711298731.png

• Helpful
Reactions: penn_ and RichardV
Are you looking at the Armacup schedule? They didn't have the Ace ships on that schedule, one of those ships was the direct to Freo vessel. So you never know? If anyone has a link to a different schedule that does have those other vessels on, that'd be handy.
Yeah I was looking at Armacup. Fingers crossed they pump out some RWDs and give us a direct to Freo vessel then!

EDIT: is this the one (admittedly dated) https://www.dazmac.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/427262ffb8c9e3cf3c1b87adfe04701a.pdf?

Paganella and tranship Theben fits perfectly in that window

Reactions: Draco
Pickup Report:
Just as I arrived at the warehouse, I received a call from Tesla saying that "there was a problem with Qld Transport" and they hadn't been able to complete the registration yet and that there would be "a delay".

I wasn't too impressed, having just driven for an hour to get there, only to be told that I couldn't have the car. Luckily though, they said they were onto the problem and the wait shouldn't be any more than an hour.

Ahh, I was wondering why I had not seen my LR registered yet. Mine is due for pickup on Friday morning and I would like to insure it in one visit to the insurer.

There weren't too many cars waiting for pickup (at least, not compared to the photos I've seen of Sydney and Melbourne.
Initial impressions:
  • Red is a sexy colour (exhibit 'b' below)

While I agree the Tesla red is quite lovely, it did not gain significant-other-approval-factor to justify the extra cost. The midnight silver to the right of your first shot could quite possibly be mine.

No sign of @Ormaus - probably a good thing, as I'd forgotten the water and snacks.

OK then, probably made it out. I'll cancel the search and rescue ⛑️ team.

Thanks for putting up with me in the waiting room, and may VINs rain down upon you soon!

Thanks for the Brisbane delivery insights.

Last edited:
I got a call from a SA today as I was still unsure of my deposit going through properly, they said all was good there, so phew! I asked about my delivery, he said cause so many cars in Melbourne that notice given for pickup was changing to about 2 days.. told him I am free this week for pickup.. said he'd note it down and now I can hope for something...

So, here's me sitting and hoping I get the pickup sms for this week as no idea what is happening next week and all this industrial action crap... hoping amd waiting.....

*edit* He did say he could see it should be 21st/22nd to be notified, which sits with my original EDD.. sort of think they should never have changed it in the first place...

So, this is it. My pick up is tomorrow at 3pm.

When I bought the car in February, I was absolutely thrilled. I was given the EDD of 14-20 weeks and I could not stop watching YouTube videos, reading articles about the car, trying to find anything about how the delivery & pick up process works, etc, etc.
I then came across this forum in April and decided to sign up instantly. I hadn't talked on this for some time until I had a question and this community was so nice to answer it so quickly and easily and I just felt so comfortable.

The wait ended up being way longer than 14-20 weeks, however, my life has completely changed after joining this forum back in April. I actually don't know what I would've done for the 6 or so months of waiting without the existence of this forum.

I've learnt so many things, such as stalking ship arrival times on armacup, how to figure out whether you got your VIN assigned in the source code, checking your VIN on the RAV to see whether the car has been registered, etc.

The ones who are ordering now or have ordered recently, enjoy the ride. Enjoy the community that this forum brings and enjoy the wait for one of the most exciting cars in the market. I've heard some people say that once you receive that car, you forget about the wait, which I can already agree with because I haven't been able to sleep properly knowing that I am going to be a soon-to-be tesla owner.

I love you guys. Thank you for the memories. Thank you @Ormaus for your VIN allocation tables and everyone for putting in the work and helping each other out. TMC on top. Tesla on top.

See you guys on the road.

Love,
Centrals
Congratulations @Centrals! Enjoy your new car - god knows you’ve waited long enough!
We’ll miss you on here 😬

Ok, strange thing happened today....
Just thought I'd refresh my Tesla account page for the 237th time today.... And boom! I have a VIN.
It's so odd cause I feel as if it was very abrupt and maybe too early. I'm speculating a cancellation. I don't have an invoice or build date yet.
This got me sooooooo friggan excited. I have same car and same order date. But… nothing :( hope I get a cancellation car too :D

Reactions: Polarxp and PcS000
Ok, strange thing happened today....
Just thought I'd refresh my Tesla account page for the 237th time today.... And boom! I have a VIN.
It's so odd cause I feel as if it was very abrupt and maybe too early. I'm speculating a cancellation. I don't have an invoice or build date yet.
That's how it happened to me too. Then everything else followed on over the next few days.
I also got the "Fill in the rego papers (the highlight yellow bits) and email them back to us" email today too.

What I have also noticed is for me, is that the emails come through before the texts.

Last edited:
Reactions: New Tech Bj
I’m meaning that Australia won’t allow a driverless car rather than the update to fsd, I’m sure that we’ll allow fsd with someone in the drivers seat but not with no one in it.
When I mentioned that I heard that Australia may be getting FSD Beta later in the year, I didn’t mean driverless. I meant that we can help “train” it to suit our roads and signage etc.

Any idea how much it would cost to get the front and rear windows tinted in Sydney? Would like to go for a ceramic tint(Rayno S9 or similar).
I can't help with Sydney, but to hopefully to give you some indication, the guys I'm going to go with in Perth (when I eventually get a car) advertise S9 prices as below:
TESLA MODEL 3
$395 - side windows only
$550 - side windows, plus half screen up to the top demister line
$605 - side windows, plus full screen
$715 - side windows, plus full screen and sunroof
$880 - side windows, plus full screen, sunroof and clear windscreen (full package)

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormaus and danwale