Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just thinking about how successful selling is about creating a positive experience for the customer; it's emotional, especially with such an expensive product. That's where Audi and Mercedes were able to differentiate: it was about the special experience and making customers feel like they were valued. This Tesla experience had been the worst car purchase I've made, and I've bought a lot of cars. Mazda made me feel more special than these guys who seem to have an Apple "so what, you know you want it" attitude.

Just my opinion and experience. May have been better for others.
Couldn't agree more.
Although I like the car, I'm really not liking the company.
In my regional city, there are several car dealerships i've purchased from, and I now have a personal black-ban on several of them, and happy to tell friends and acquaintances about. Similarly there remain one or two dealers from whom I've had exemplary service - and i tell friends about that too.
The emotional impressions will last much longer than the gloss on the paint work.
I refuse to buy Mazda because of poor attitude and disrespect from dealer, even though i consider Mazda a very good car.
My next EV- probably not a Tesla, even though it will also be a great car.

After sales so far as been excellent.

I had trouble ordering the HomeLink module for the car due to some website problem. Excellent huh? So called customer support and they sorted it out for me and booked the service for Monday. Rather than the module being sent to me and then bringing it in to the service centre, they said it would be at the service centre for you. Nice call, sorted it out well.

Well. The story doesnt end here.

I got a note on the app about 30 mins later on the service booking saying they could install it using the mobile service. After enquiring I found it would be on the Tuesday rather than Monday. Excellent. I didnt have to know about the mobile service, they chased me with the idea not me finding out and chasing them. And best news is I dont need to drive down to Brisbane from the Sunny Coast to wait around for a couple of hours for the install to happen. I can just keep working from home in my study (that no longer has Tesla accessories) a few meters away while they do the work on the car.

So my experience with the after sales service in the 2 days I've had my Model 3 has been exceptional. I certainly hope others have similar experiences when they need some work done.
Thanks Ormaus.
Till now my experience has been less than Ideal.
I trust that things will improve after the car arrives

As i said earlier, I got a call yesterday to say car is ready.
Just checked my account page. No surprise

Payments

Next Steps
We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account. Following this, a delivery representative will contact you to arrange final payment. Please note, we require cleared funds prior to delivery.

SA said, payments are in and rego papers processed
check Qld Rego status: VIN not found

No wonder my confidence levels are low.

Ditto for me. The app says collection at the showroom, 114 Bunda St, but the showroom is only small. I know they have a section of the parking lot across the street. Maybe they bring the cars across as required? But they'd have to do them one at a time which seems a bit silly unlike the other delivery centres which are large warehouses.
I attended a delivery in Brisbane last year. The showroom was small like Canberra and cars were in lot just across. Delivery was in darkish car park but once done you could drive in front of showroom and have a better look with SA. I am confident this is how Canberra delivery will go as well. From driving past Civic you can see some Teslas on the lower level on the back corner. Assuming this is where they are parked

Reactions: PcS000
Thanks Ormaus.
Till now my experience has been less than Ideal.
I trust that things will improve after the car arrives
I barely even remember the waiting now.

Just drove the kids to the bus stop :)
Drove back a different way because :D
Ended up in bumper to bumper traffic 😁
Go off onto local roads 🤣
Got home and booted up the work laptop :confused:

Maybe I need to get something from the shops? 😍

Get the steering wheel desk tray and just work from the car.

Why so may payment? lol

Strange how people carry on to "Test" payments... They are a major company so why do we need to test a payment lol
few were scammed last year of their payments to false tesla invoices

Reactions: slknv

It's weird, right!?!

This morning, I suddenly remembered a whole bunch of errands that I need to run, which will involve me driving around town for half the day! I'd been putting them off for ages, but they're suddenly not that big a deal today for some reason :)

Couldn't agree more.
Although I like the car, I'm really not liking the company.
In my regional city, there are several car dealerships i've purchased from, and I now have a personal black-ban on several of them, and happy to tell friends and acquaintances about. Similarly there remain one or two dealers from whom I've had exemplary service - and i tell friends about that too.
The emotional impressions will last much longer than the gloss on the paint work.
I refuse to buy Mazda because of poor attitude and disrespect from dealer, even though i consider Mazda a very good car.
My next EV- probably not a Tesla, even though it will also be a great car.
I agree wholeheartedly that owner experience goes beyond the product and extends to how you are made to feel as a customer. My experience with Land Rover went from being made to feel like a valued member of their product family for the first year of ownership, to a pariah when it was time to trade-in for a new model. They lost me forever. Mercedes was fantastic and a shame their product was too far off the mark (price and product) compared to the Tesla or I would have stuck with them based on ownership experience alone.

drove kids to bus stop 3 doors down??
drove back a different way via longreach??
ended up in traffic [not in Longreach] testing regen brakeing??
go off onto local roads [in Longreach] ???
go home ,booted laptop. Turned it off again to go to Longreach for milk???

All my friends and relatives are lining up for a ride, when mine arrives.

Yeah parts will be an issue I'm sure. But the people side of the service (separating out the people, process and physical bits) that is provided is great!
Wow That's great good for you. My SA has been great too during the ordering and test drive process. We give them a lot of flak with the invoice and delays etc, but that's more of tesla problem itself rather than the people on the ground. In saying that I do prefer the tesla buying process rather than dealerships. Just straight up honest information rather than an upsell every 5 minutes and self serving lead ons