Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After looking at all production recently, I’m beginning to think Shanghai has lost the building instructions for base model 3s…. It’s the only logical answer.
Was the Y line this slow to come back up after their down time? Seems like they're churning those out at an insane rate at the moment and if there are any spare parts they might make a M3 out of them. Maybe.

I'm so confused. I still don't have an invoice. It's been a couple of weeks since I had confirmation it was in the system and would appear by the next day. Apparently it is "still processing" whatever that means. Anyone else experiencing invoice lag?

Upfront, the pre-delivery experience is atrocious and feels like it was developed by Telstra rather than Tesla.

However when your estimated date range is still a two week window, then it's a strong indicator that there are still so many variables that it can't be relied upon. When the date range is still two weeks and the start of the date range is even closer, it's a stronger indicator that the EDD is a lottery right now.

As we've seen in a number of posts from Victorians over the past couple of weeks, Tesla is working through logistical issues in Melbourne right now and with more ships on the way things aren't likely to improve. My advice is keep looking at the end of the EDD range and set your expectations that it's more likely going to be then. If it comes early then you'll be pleasantly surprised.
By and large, I would agree, except they change the position of the goal posts. (ie Move the EDD).

It is this that makes it diificult to manage one's expectations.

Last edited:
Correct me if I’m wrong but could that be tape on the windows?
Just noting that the standard wheels don’t have the aero covers on??
Is Tesla selling old inventory that I thought didn’t exist?
could be people trading in older model 3s for model Ys? Earlier this year there were around 20 Model 3s for sale on carsales, now since Model Y went on sale there's about 400 model 3s for sale.

Reactions: One day EV
I'll find out in a couple of hours if, and this is a goodie, the car arrived at the delivery centre. Had a somewhat odd call yesterday afternoon (coincidentally as I drove past the delivery centre) to confirm the appointment but advising that the car was still in transit and they may have to slip it to the end of the day to get it prepped/charged etc. Seems a bit late in the day to not have the goods to actually deliver. On a positive note, the car did get registered.

Well, the deities have smiled upon me and the car was there to be delivered 😁

They were quite happy for me to work through quite a long inspection list but I did not make them wait until I finished before clicking the magical delivery button. Just made myself certain that the car was the correct model, VIN and registration, and did not have gross deformities.

Was a bit pressed for time (mine not theirs) so I do not have a pile-o-pics to share. The warehouse that was looking a little empty on Wednesday for @CompleteMuppit's delivery was quite full with Model 3 and Y (perhaps 70/30 split) this morning. Perhaps 20% of the cars waiting had their hazard flashers running, which the Tesla rep said was because they needed attention before delivery (He did not elaborate on what attention). Active car detailing was going on down the end, so there's more to squeeze in.

Many more smiling faces to come in the next few days I expect

Attachments

• 20220819_122721_s.jpg
    20220819_122721_s.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 70
*** Speculation Alert ***

Weekly speculation time.

The Quarterly Model 3 reservation is close to 5000. Out of this number, the RWD quantity is about 4250. Tesla has already delivered the entire January RWD therefore 2125 RWD Model 3s are to be manufactured to fulfil all RWD orders up to 15/03/2022 (before the delivery timeframe changed on the 15th of March).

Let's assume Tesla could reach to 60% of their claimed peak of 1000 per day capacity after the upgrade, for the Australian Market. That's 600 Model 3s a day.

It would require 3.5 days to manufacture what's required to fulfil all Q1 orders before the delivery timeframe changed on the 15th of March.

Possible ships available according to Today's schedule:
* Morning Cherry (22/08)
* Morning Crystal (30/08)

I would imagine the majority of M3 waiters would have to agree that according to the 3.5 days projection, it is less likely manufacturing would be in time for Morning Cherry to carry all these Model 3s (not 100% as VIN allocation is lagged at this time).

Then all eyes are on Morning Crystal. Unfortunately, I have already seen some VIN allocated for Model Y's that are to be delivered on the 15th -30th of September and I could only hope the VIN allocation for Model Ys and Model 3s are working in a different way.

Conclusion? No conclusion.

*** End Speculation Alert ***
Also, my above speculation gives us a 10-15% less chance of receiving our Model 3's on daily basis from today.

Last edited:
Also, my above speculation gives us a 10-15% decrement in the possibility of receiving our RWD this quarter on daily basis from today.
I was also speculating that this weekend would be the last weekend possible for VINs to allow Q3 deliveries.
Nothing so far today makes me sad.

Your predictions also make me sad because I'm after the cut the 15th of March cut off. I just hope my car comes this year because my finance runs out in January.

My app says 6-9 months still, which should be this year if they can deliver on time.

Just make more Model 3's for Australia damn it! lol

I was also speculating that this weekend would be the last weekend possible for VINs to allow Q3 deliveries.
Nothing so far today makes me sad.

Your predictions also make me sad because I'm after the cut the 15th of March cut off. I just hope my car comes this year because my finance runs out in January.

My app says 6-9 months still, which should be this year if they can deliver on time.

Just make more Model 3's for Australia damn it! lol
I am sorry to hear that, but if it hasn't been updated to an actual month-based EDD the chance is slim.

If it would make you feel better, currently there are Chinese domestic customers who have waited for Model 3 RWD for over 240 days but still haven't received a car.

Well, the deities have smiled upon me and the car was there to be delivered 😁

They were quite happy for me to work through quite a long inspection list but I did not make them wait until I finished before clicking the magical delivery button. Just made myself certain that the car was the correct model, VIN and registration, and did not have gross deformities.

Was a bit pressed for time (mine not theirs) so I do not have a pile-o-pics to share. The warehouse that was looking a little empty on Wednesday for @CompleteMuppit's delivery was quite full with Model 3 and Y (perhaps 70/30 split) this morning. Perhaps 20% of the cars waiting had their hazard flashers running, which the Tesla rep said was because they needed attention before delivery (He did not elaborate on what attention). Active car detailing was going on down the end, so there's more to squeeze in.

Many more smiling faces to come in the next few days I expect
Glad delivery went well.

Also... that's the cleanest garage I've ever seen :)

I'm so confused. I still don't have an invoice. It's been a couple of weeks since I had confirmation it was in the system and would appear by the next day. Apparently it is "still processing" whatever that means. Anyone else experiencing invoice lag?
Mines a week since VIN and no invoice yet. Not sure but delay might just be because its possibly the biggest chunk of Teslas heading our way yet. Where did you see the 'still processing' message?