Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Advice for new buyers and those waiting.

Be patient, flexible, and understanding. Your new pride and joy will come, but precisely when might move right up until the last few days. Manufacturing is hard, logistics is hard, and COVID is a cow, but ultimately everyone involved wants to deliver the car you ordered as soon as possible. Hopefully we've seen the last Shanghai shutdown to cause mass delays (which explains most of my order's delay).

Be patient, flexible, and understanding. Your new pride and joy will come, but precisely when might move right up until the last few days. Manufacturing is hard, logistics is hard, and COVID is a cow, but ultimately everyone involved wants to deliver the car you ordered as soon as possible. Hopefully we've seen the last Shanghai shutdown to cause mass delays (which explains most of my order's delay).
I have been waiting patiently, but I understand everyone's impatience because it is hard to see the Model Y's were able to deliver after 8 weeks of launch while some Model 3 owner's have been waiting for close to 200 days which they still haven't assigned a VIN. They share 70% of same parts.

This morning I saw some model y buyers who already had EDD of end of September. Their expected delivery time was Nov - Feb.

Mines a week since VIN and no invoice yet. Not sure but delay might just be because its possibly the biggest chunk of Teslas heading our way yet. Where did you see the 'still processing' message?
I have had multiple emails from different Tesla staff about my invoice telling me it is definitely 'processing' and will be appearing very soon (including "by tomorrow afternoon"). I had an email conversation confirming that I will be leasing and they adjusted the invoice to reflect that, but that was over a week ago. I wondered about the volume issue, but given they have prepared the invoice I really don't understand why it cannot be provided to me...

There's been a 9 day shut-down for some of Tesla's major suppliers, including CATL (LFP supplier) due to heatwave

Today I went to the detailer that is doing my windows and ceramic coat to confirm the booking and have a peak at a Polestar that was in there getting full clear matte PPF. The matte PPF looks great but at $7k its out of my budget. He tells me another customer is bringing in their white Model Y to get a full vinyl wrap in blue at cost of $10k.

Reactions: *Sparkles*
Today I went to the detailer that is doing my windows and ceramic coat to confirm the booking and have a peak at a Polestar that was in there getting full clear matte PPF. The matte PPF looks great but at $7k its out of my budget. He tells me another customer is bringing in their white Model Y to get a full vinyl wrap in blue at cost of $10k.
Geez, that seems a lot of money when compared to the cost of the vehicle. Each to their own though. Certainly keeping the economy going!

If you don’t mind me asking, which detailer are you using? Want to get windows tinted and ceramic coat done as well

If you don’t mind me asking, which detailer are you using? Want to get windows tinted and ceramic coat done as well
I'm going to Final Finish in Brunswick East. It was a hard decision and only time will tell if it was the correct one. I contacted a few places that were mostly in the eastern suburbs, a couple of them were $200-$300 less but I decided to go with Final Finish because the facility seemed better than others, they were happy to show me around (twice) when I just turned up to talk to them, it's close to home for me and it will go there for regular washes.

I'm getting ceramic coating on exterior including wheels, interior as well, tinting front windows at 35%, rear windows at 20% including the full rear roof/windscreen. I'm leaving the panel above driver with the factory tint only. That's costing $2,300 and they have the car for 3 days and recommend not getting it wet or washing it for one week afterwards. It then gets it's first wash at no cost and they check over the car afterwards.

I saw a black model 3 in there on Wednesday, 6-12 months old (it had the previous version of the aero wheel covers), the owners weren't happy with how easily it was getting scratched so decided to get it ceramic coated. It had been prepped for the ceramic coat and it was like new condition under the lights, I didn't see it after the coating had been applied but they said they'd spent 2 days just prepping to get the swirl marks out of it.

Reactions: Ice-Bear

Many thanks for the support….Nice sentiments, and I’ll probably say the same sort of thing on the day mine is due for collection.😉

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
I have been waiting patiently, but I understand everyone's impatience because it is hard to see the Model Y's were able to deliver after 8 weeks of launch while some Model 3 owner's have been waiting for close to 200 days which they still haven't assigned a VIN. They share 70% of same parts.

This morning I saw some model y buyers who already had EDD of end of September. Their expected delivery time was Nov - Feb.
And that right there is the problem…