Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The locked in Macquarie interest rate has expired for me... Need to place a fresh application with the new interest rates.

Macquarie new rates are - Fixed rate of 5.94% and a variable rate of 4.49%

I think a novated lease may make more sense than the above interest rate. Has anyone gone with novated lease option and found it beneficial?
I'm in the same situation shortly. Not sure what to do.
Ideas people?
I want my butthole

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-185949_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220601-185949_Chrome.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 49
The EDD's are complete fiction. Some poeple ordering SR+ models in early June have been allocated VIN's Whilst LR models ordered in April ( when the delivery timeframe was 8 ~ 12 weeks ) are looking in askance at AU and UK customers who appear to be receiving deliveries. All swings and round-abouts anyways. It will arrive when it arrives and not a moment sooner. Dare I say it, another COVID lockdown in Shanghai could confound all of us.
You’re right, in a lot of cases the EDD has been blown out, but doesn’t change the fact our EDD is Feb - May and Japan‘s is Nov - Dec.

Reactions: *Sparkles*
I have been "patiently" waiting since mid February for my Blue RWD as my ICE car limps along, and I'm glad I found this thread!
I felt a little crazy as I refreshed the Tesla app more often than Twitter, and checking the account page source to see if I had a VIN way too frequently!

So to find this thread and see I am not alone was comforting!

Our future car:

M3 RWD Blue / Black
OD: 2022-02-14
EDD: Aug-Nov 2022
VIN: N/A
Sydney

Some of us on here have been waiting longer. I am 254 days with no delivery sms or the VIN showing up on the RAV. Bit frustrated. (Although very happy for those who have received their cars even though their order, build, VIN and invoice dates were after mine)
Chinese customers won't need to wait for shipment on ocean therefor 240 days are considerably long.

Reactions: Robdunc and Luddo
Picked up my red LR today in Canberra. After my drive home I purchased the acceleration boost. Oh my goodness... I love the car. It's been a long 8 months and 2 days, but it's worth it in the end. It's going to take a while to get used to where all the controls and options are in the menus. It is an amazing car.
Congratulations. What's the verdict on the Accel boost? Not talking value for money, but is it only noticeable off the lights, or from 60-80 too?

I'd be interested to get your view in relation to charge required to get the boost. I think I read somewhere that below x% it's negligible....can't remember what x was but something like 70%.

Enjoy the weekend driving, hope weather is kind to you!

I have been "patiently" waiting since mid February for my Blue RWD as my ICE car limps along, and I'm glad I found this thread!
I felt a little crazy as I refreshed the Tesla app more often than Twitter, and checking the account page source to see if I had a VIN way too frequently!

Our future car:

M3 RWD Blue / Black
Sydney
I feel for you. You booked on Valentine's Day?

Our future car:

M3 RWD Blue / Black
Sydney
Welcome...Grab a seat and get comfy!

I feel for you. You booked on Valentine's Day?
Happy coincidence. Our 2011 Tiguan’s radiator sprung another leak a week beforehand, after already being fixed a few months earlier so we decided it was time for a new car.

Didn’t start with Tesla, but we talked ourselves into it, and the test drive spoiled us, nothing else would do after that!

Just gotta keep the old VW going until then (I’m not burning any more money on it 😂).

Happy coincidence. Our 2011 Tiguan’s radiator sprung another leak a week beforehand, after already being fixed a few months earlier so we decided it was time for a new car.

Didn’t start with Tesla, but we talked ourselves into it, and the test drive spoiled us, nothing else would do after that!

Just gotta keep the old VW going until then (I’m not burning any more money on it 😂).
Welcome to the madhouse! …. And when I say mad we are FURIOUS!

Congratulations. What's the verdict on the Accel boost? Not talking value for money, but is it only noticeable off the lights, or from 60-80 too?

I'd be interested to get your view in relation to charge required to get the boost. I think I read somewhere that below x% it's negligible....can't remember what x was but something like 70%.

Enjoy the weekend driving, hope weather is kind to you!
When I picked up the car it was on 87% charge. It was certainly quick, but the AB has taken it to another level again from a standstill. I’ll be keeping it. Not sure about a roll-on as I didn’t try that before buying the AB.

A few articles in mainstream press today about the impending legislation to exempt electric cars from FBT - they explain the benefits pretty clearly. You’ll have a higher interest rate on the lease but pay in pre-tax dollar

A few articles in mainstream press today about the impending legislation to exempt electric cars from FBT - they explain the benefits pretty clearly. You’ll have a higher interest rate on the lease but pay in pre-tax dollars.
"Impending"! would that be regardless of contract already signed? Or only new finance loans?
And as always, impending is definitely not a time line I can measure. (Similar to ElonMusk time)
Good to know though, thanks M@dman

Our future car:

M3 RWD Blue / Black
Sydney
Welcome to the waiting room, not only will you get some moral support, but you’ll learn a bunch of new stuff, like the max draught of RORO ships 😉

I didn't ask Final Finish what the price would be for partial PPF protection. They have different ceramic coating packages with different products. The one I am getting is full car using Gtechniq crystal ultra for $1,690, so that would be on top of any partial PPF costs. Window tinting was $620

I had some partial PPF prices from another business (Affinesse - Clayton) they quoted $1,395 for partial front PPF protection which included the side mirrors, front bumper and hood to approximately the top of the headlights. Full front protection was $2,395 which included mirrors, bumper, whole hood and front fenders. Full car PPF there was $6,995. Full car ceramic coating was $1,595 using NXTZEN. They were offerring a 10% discount for members of the Tesla owners club. Side window tint was $450 and another $450 for Roof/Rear window.

There was another place in Mornington but I don't know what I have done with the prices, they were doing only tinting and ceramic coating using Ceramic Pro anyway.
thanks for that really appreciate it. I've booked tinting with sam's tinting in airport west, they were recommended via Tesla Victoria FB group. $350 for all side and rear window if you mention you're part of the fb group. i've got the same quote from affinesse re PPF but still waiting to hear back on availability as i'm looking to get this done as close to delivery date as possible and sort of close to north burbs. waiting to hear back from Lucky Five in Spotswood as their work looks bang on.

The Driven heard as recently as last Friday from Tesla customers, some of whom ordered Model 3s in January, were still awaiting a VIN.

It is thought that Tesla is prioritising Model Y production as it delivers a greater profit margin. Currently, in Australia, there are only the $72,300 RWD and $96,700 Performance Model Y available.

Our future car:

M3 RWD Blue / Black
Sydney
I've got the same config, 10 days later, in CBR. Hoping some blue RWDs make their way over soon..

Our future car:

M3 RWD Blue / Black
Sydney
welcome i joined this thread not too long ago as well. a lot to get through but i did find the spreadsheet that's floating around this thread with folks putting in their OD EDD timings to be super helpful to gauge where you're at in terms of the long wait for the series of SMS'.