Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in love!

To all of you waiting: I swear it's worth the wait! Good luck to you all, so long and thanks for all the fish đź‘‹

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-08-23 at 7.59.38 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-23 at 7.59.38 PM.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 77
No offence but can everyone chill! There is more important things going on in the world than a bloody car! Ffs it's as if you're waiting on a kidney!!!
No offence, but I doubt you care if anyone is offended. Just like you, we're allowed to voice our opinion here. Some who ordered their car before you may still be waiting for their VIN long after you're driving your nice new car, so your no-offence comment may only frustrate further. Sure, there's other, larger issues in the world however this forum is for those waiting on their Teslas; feel free to discuss other, more important issues elsewhere.

No offence, but I doubt you care if anyone is offended. Just like you, we're allowed to voice our opinion here. Some who ordered their car before you may still be waiting for their VIN long after you're driving your nice new car, so your no-offence comment may only frustrate further. Sure, there's other, larger issues in the world however this forum is for those waiting on their Teslas; feel free to discuss other, more important issues elsewhere.
One thing that helped me cope with the wait was just setting expectation to receive the car at the very end the updated edd. So for me oct….anything before that was simply a bonus. Also went on a month long holiday and rented a tesla too lol

I've tested the acceleration of LR, pulls hard as is. I've also decided to switch 'acceleration boost' on, and wow it's quite shocking it's ability to put the power down. Someone in a HSV GTS, with the supercharged LSA V8 raced me at the lights just after I switched the boost on, in a nutshell a close win for tesla 🥳

So you can still buy the acceleration boost through the app?

I thought they had disabled it? If it is still available what sort of cost are we looking at?

That might be a day one purchase for me if it is available.

This behaviour from Tesla. After stringing us along for months and months, such limited flexibility is given for someone doing their best to pickup their car. Are you kidding?! The disdain shown toward the customer here is astounding.
Now, the actual experience seems to be more up to the location and people that deliver your car. When I got my current Model 3, we did not have a center on Gold Coast, so i dealt with the Brisbane and they were very accommodating. As I could not pick mine up during the week they initially offered, I managed to get them to agree to a Friday evening after work the week before and they were happy to make it happen even though it was after their official closing time. I do hope that the experience with the Gold Coast Tesla shop will be similarly nice, however I suspect the people in Brisbane office were more accommodating as I have visited the Gold Coast Tesla shop twice since it opened and both times the questions I had were brushed aside and politely told that they have no more information than is publicly available, where same questions at Brisbane Tesla got the guy searching for answers and calling me back twice in the following week to apologize that he could not get the answers I was looking for. (at least he made the effort or made it look like he was putting in some effort to help).
Now with the current order I should be fine picking it up at any time they offer from Gold Coast center in the current estimated delivery window, unless they bring the pickup forward by a couple of months, but looking at the stretching in delivery and pickup times now, I suspect that is not likely to happen.

So you can still buy the acceleration boost through the app?

I thought they had disabled it? If it is still available what sort of cost are we looking at?

That might be a day one purchase for me if it is available.
I think it's $3000. Added through the app, and can get it refunded within 48hrs. Worth doing just to give it a go and see what it's like!

M3LR Online quote
RACV Comp/glass cover - $1173 / Complete Car $1719 (unlimited car hire)
GIO Comp /glass cover - $1427 / Platinum Insurance $1635 (unlimited car hire)

My major concern is if the car is a write off and they cannot source a new one in 3 months(which is quite likely) how much do they pay you out? the current cost to purchase a new M3 LR? or market value? ... I will give them a call tomorrow to find out.
If you set up the policy with an agreed value, they will pay out the agreed value less any excess that may be applicable.

Rego check. Some people have been asking how to check your rego details. Apart from the obvious of calling Tesla. If in NSW just go to your NSW service app. Click on registrations, them click my registrations. If you're car has been registered it'll show up in here with all the details đź‘Ť

Reactions: PcS000
looks like there will be 7 happy people in Queensland soon. I was driving home from work on M1 near Merrimac at 4:10PM today when I passed a full load of new Tesla model 3-s on the back of a truck. There were 5 white, 1 red and 1 blue on that truck. they were headed north, so most likely Brisbane or Southport Tesla or might go further north. Either way there will be a few happy people.
Wont be one of those 7 - mine is a black one, but the SA rang me yesterday to let me know my car was on the truck, due for delivery last night, in time for my pick up today in Brisbane. To say I am excited.....to the point I am being told by my 12 year old to settle down. 🥳🎉