Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with your assessment of the situation and the rigidity.

However putting opinions aside, to be clear where everyone stands the Order Agreement states:

"Delivery. We will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Centre, or other location as we may agree
to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date. You agree that /me is of the essence and if you do not respond
to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers."

[B][SIZE=4]Maximillan[/SIZE][/B], I don't disagree with the wording of the agreement. I guess most of us have read and re-read that statement several times. Perhaps time is of the essence when Tesla [not the individuals we encounter] has some priority, and thus rigidity in scheduling. Yet time seems to a random "soon" factor in their communication, and disregards the fact that we all have lives and time urgencies of our own, and that we require the scope, yes, even the right, to book events according to information provided, and trust its accuracy.

Planning a holiday, planning a medical trip to the city as we regionals frequently have to do and sometimes don'y know how long we'll be away, planning a business meeting that we can't change, and we plan those things on advice and information derived from the likes of Tesla, who in turn disregards us, and then reminds of a clause in an agreement the we BOTH signed, but they vary.
I think i'll relegate that agreement to the same roll of 4inch squares as the Telstra agreements I've encountered in the past. [funny how the two names are alike}

No offence but can everyone chill! There is more important things going on in the world than a bloody car! Ffs it's as if you're waiting on a kidney!!!
If our unhappiness was with "just the bloody car" we'd be much less vocal. The fact that the car cost more than a kidney could be discussed and debated .
I see the unhappiness in the disrespect and disregard many of us [apparently not all, yet] have experienced for over 6 months as a much more important issue, [and yes, could/should be discussed elsewhere] and yet relevant to this community.
I respect your right to tell people to Chill [ffs]. I'll choose when I do.

If our unhappiness was with "just the bloody car" we'd be much less vocal. The fact that the car cost more than a kidney could be discussed and debated .
I see the unhappiness in the disrespect and disregard many of us [apparently not all, yet] have experienced for over 6 months as a much more important issue, [and yes, could/should be discussed elsewhere] and yet relevant to this community.
I respect your right to tell people to Chill [ffs]. I'll choose when I do.
I dont think theres any need to start getting stroppy over it, you ordered a week before me and get your car next week while I potentially have to wait until November! If anyone shouldn't be chilling its me but thats not really going to get me any further is it!

Reactions: Braz
I dont think there's any need to start getting stroppy over it, you ordered a week before me and get your car next week while I potentially have to wait until November! If anyone shouldn't be chilling its me but thats not really going to get me any further is it!
Sorry. didn't mean to sound stroppy. Just frustrated.
yet maybe i am stroppy.... but,being told to chill also sounds stroppy, doesn't it?
I agree with you that It doesn't change anything really, save for the forlorn hope that Tesla or even EM might listen and do something about our concerns.
I know that there are reporters [eg The Driven] who monitor these posts and are happy to jump on them and repost. Thus our discontentment and even our stroppiness may yet have value.

Picked up the Tesla this morning and noticed that it came with the Michelin tires 😬 The calibration was completed within 30 min and all the other cars became visible. Still need to finish setting it up to my liking, but the ride was less stiff than what I remembered from the test drive in Jan and I did get used to one pedal driving in a relatively short time. Hang in there everyone it will be worth the wait in the end. 🤗

No, it just means Tesla forgot to re-seed their random number generator.
Or, it might mean that the assembly line upgrades increased their manufacturing capacity enough that they can cover more cars in that time. Our market is small and a weeks worth of production would pretty much cover a whole quarter worth of orders from Shanghai for Australia deliveries. Too bad they have to cover other markets also :(

No offence but can everyone chill! There is more important things going on in the world than a bloody car! Ffs it's as if you're waiting on a kidney!!!
Yeah there's a degree of privilege in being excited and worked up about a car. But it would be even more privileged and much more worthy of judgement to not hold a $64K+ purpose in some esteem. I never want that much money to be something that I disregard or think lightly of.

Picked up this morning! Well worth the wait 🤩

PXL_20220824_010248976.MP.jpg

Hi All, Quick Q - for those in Melbourne, is the only pickup option Mulgrave? I ask as my office is around the corner from the Richmond Tesla centre, so would prefer to avoid a trip out to Mulgrave if possible :)

First post - ordered my M3 LR a few months ago, so I've still got quite a wait.

Hi All, Quick Q - for those in Melbourne, is the only pickup option Mulgrave? I ask as my office is around the corner from the Richmond Tesla centre, so would prefer to avoid a trip out to Mulgrave if possible :)

First post - ordered my M3 LR a few months ago, so I've still got quite a wait.
I do believe so, I had no other options for location. I don't think there is a shop there, could just be a big shed.. I'll let you know next week 😁

I ordered M3 last week and have selected the finance option. Do I have to submit the loan application now? as the EDD is Feb to May, will it affect my queue as the "Prepare for delivery" - "Payment method" section is still unchecked for me
With the things are going with tesla right now i would hold off applying at this stage because you will only get approved for 90days with some finance companies , apply when you have a solid date. And that wont affect you place in the queue( what place in the queue with tesla you're talking about, its just a dart game if they hit you as a target you will get ur car). Otherwise you gunna see heaps of models getting delivered before ur car even if they ordered after you.

Best case scenario for us in Perth if they actually do get some M3's on the Morning Crystal next week then the transhipment vessel doesn't even get into Fremantle until 9th October so once you add a couple of weeks onto that then we are looking at late October at the very earliest for car pickup

Surely this is a good indication that there MUST be some M3's going on the Crystal