Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 6.15.06 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 6.15.06 pm.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 62
Tesla cutting it too close to the end of quarter. 29/9. They may miss out on sales target and balance sheet if they don't get this ONE order delivered by SEP. Lol. Definitely not a cancellation as the build date is in Aug.

Tbh. They have to change their strategy if they want to deliver both M3 and MY. Not possible to build and deliver both models in first 6-8 weeks of every quarter with logistics (number of ships, trucks, delivery centre capacity, etc) becoming bottleneck.

Just my 2 cents but I and most Aussies should not bother with FSD and ignore it entirely until maybe half a decade later. By then it will be HW7 or something. EAP maybe if you want auto lane change, but you're better off spending for acceleration boosts or a vinyl wrap. The cameras are fine for basic AP.
On my current Model 3 I have the standard AP only and I am happy with it, but I have noticed that it could benefit much from better cameras. I dont really care for the drive computer upgrade as I dont plan to purchase FSD or even EAP, but to have the cameras not get blinded by sun on mornings and afternoons and not get the constant message when driving on smaller roads at night that the side cameras are blinded or blocked until you get to areas with street lighting. Also from the specs mentioned in media the HW4 cameras are supposedly designed for LED sign reading so dont get distracted by the flicker, that might finally help the standard AP read those pesky speed signs everywhere on M1.

Reactions: Missimpatient
I'm in the feb-may 2023 window but I ordered in late June (June 25th). I was hoping that my order wouldn't be moved up as I don't want the car until next March or later. Would I be able to delay it if they move it up or will I lose my spot and have to start from the back of the queue?

I believe you just lose your order altogether. I asked a PERTH Sales Assistant this very question and he said you get a couple of days grace but then you lose your order and order fee. I asked why. He said they simply have nowhere to store cars. And it’s part of your agreement.

Reactions: 121Gwatts
At long last I picked this beautiful bastard up. Arrived in mint condition. I was straight in and out. Only point of confusion is that I was under the assumption that it would come with Michelin Pilot Sports but I actually got Hankooks.

Regardless it’s well worth the wait. So much fun to drive.

Attachments

• 4CFBD309-0436-40F6-8428-B52E5B798ECE.jpeg
    4CFBD309-0436-40F6-8428-B52E5B798ECE.jpeg
    677.3 KB · Views: 39
M3p. Went over a pothole at 100km on the freeway did not even feel it. Popped both tyres on passenger side. Ford mustang driving behind me with 20inch wheels went over the same pothole same speed no damage. Getting the car towed now and hoping it's just tyre damage tomorrow morning when it gets looked at.

So, after an 8-month wait, finally picked up my M3 LR today at Mulgrave, delivery experience was pretty much a breeze, spent half an hour in the centre, couldn’t find anything worth reporting, car was in great shape.
Took it home and examined every inch, still can’t find anything that needs fixing, quality is amazing… and that acceleration when you floor it…just reminded me of the test drive I had in early January that convinced me that this is the car…haha
For all of you still waiting out there, hang in there, it’s worth the wait, you kinda forget that you have waited so long for it the minute you pick up the car!
One thing worth mentioning is that I drove about 40kms in total today and the calibration is still in progress, is that normal?
Thanks in advance for your response!😄

Last edited: