Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I know I can drive it, I drove it home from where it started misfiring VERY slowly. It's just extremely slow and a bit unsafe when you have to take off and it wants to crawl at 10km/h for the first 10m, then slowly you get to 20, then maybe 30 then the car shudders like crazy if I try go above that. The closest mechanic to where I live is about 15km and I'd need to use the back streets to get there as I can't drive on the freeway at that speed. I have free towing in my roadside assistance and that's better use of my time than trying to get it there myself.

I was trying to have a light hearted joke about the shittyness of the situation throwing money at something that I thought would have been not my problem anymore by around now.
We had a similar issue a little while ago, turned out to just be the spark plugs. Check those before spending money on the anything else.

Reactions: danwale
I ordered in June with delivery estimate Feb-May 2023 I note that if you order today the delivery estimate is in this same range.

I assume based on what I've seen from experiences of people getting their cars recently this means I could see an invoice by the end of the year for a Feb delivery?

My logic also says that if the estimated delivery on an order today said something like June-Sep 2023 it could suggest that my order is more likely to be towards the end of the Feb-May 23 range (i.e. so closer to May) but since delivery on orders today is still stating Feb-May 23
Dude for your sanity keep off here until December

Well done Zigster… my only theoretical consolation is that as I ordered my M3 a short 5 days after your good self… that SHOULD mean I get mine on the 8th September- 5 days after you got yours. That’s in a perfect world of course. Meanwhile, in the real world …. In 2 months time I could be in Mulgrave.
@MagicalseT ... I think I was lucky, as I suspect I received someone else's order cancellation. Maybe they changed to a MY, or maybe their finance ran out (??).
I was tickled pink with the test drive in February ... now that I have my own to play with ... it's an amazing car.
Hang in there mate, good things come to those who wait.

@Julcars - it's just the configuration that got me over the line. I was Red, you're Midnight Silver. I could have been the other way around, a Midnight Silver cancellation and me still on hold until November. It will arrive ... hang in there mate.
Oh I know @Zigman, don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone their car arrival, and I do know it will come.
It does feel like our Feb orders came so close...

So this is what 8 months of waiting and buying accessories looks like....

01. Sunshades
02. Dog hammock
03. 500GB SSD drive
04. Screen protector
05. Mats (x6)
06. Wall connector
07. Jack pads
08. Centre console trays
09. 18v air compressor
10. Tyre weld
11. First Aid kit
12. 12v A23 battery (frunk emergency access)
13. Trim tool kit
14. Various cleaning products
15. Phone holder
16. Foot pedals (chrome)
17. Trunk sill protector
18. Interior LED lights (blue)
19. Interior camera cover
20. Door edge protector
21. Bag hook
22. Type 2 cable
23. Trunk sound deadener
24. Centre console pad (white)
25. Torch
26. Wheel rim protector (white)
27. Wheel centre caps (white)
28. USB hub
29. Screen surround (white)
30. Metal 'charging' sign
31. T-shirt - DC/AC
32. Jacket - logo
33. Diecast model :)
You'll have to come back in a few weeks and give those of us who are still waiting, your verdict on the accessories that were worthwhile and those which just occupied that empty space in your soul until the toy arrived!

I can't find the jack pads on the website... are they needed?
You cannot use standard jacks on a Tesla (without jack pads), high chance of damaging battery packs. If you are not planning on doing any mods (that require lifting chassis) or fixing/rotating tyres yourself, then probably not needed.

Please note: lifting and towing Tesla's are very different to most other vehicles.
Towing should be done using flatbed only (imho using professionals is recommend)

I ordered in June with delivery estimate Feb-May 2023 I note that if you order today the delivery estimate is in this same range.

I assume based on what I've seen from experiences of people getting their cars recently this means I could see an invoice by the end of the year for a Feb delivery?
Tesla provides earning reports to their shareholders every quarter, and they don't like having cars that are built in one quarter and delivered in the next.

That means they build cars for export at the beginning of each quarter, which gives them time to be shipped and delivered to the destination, and focus on domestic production towards the end.

So for a Feb-May window they'll aim to build your car in Jan/Feb for a Feb/Mar delivery or in Apr for a May delivery, barring any major disruptions the likes of which we've seen the last few years with lockdowns, part shortages, factory upgrades etc.

You cannot use standard jacks on a Tesla (without jack pads), high chance of damaging battery packs. If you are not planning on doing any mods (that require lifting chassis) or fixing/rotating tyres yourself, then probably not needed.

Please note: lifting and towing Tesla's are very different to most other vehicles.
Towing should be done using flatbed only (imho using professionals is recommend)
Where can you buy the pads?

I'll try ....

Dang here I am replying 😂

This is fine ...
Tesla provides earning reports to their shareholders every quarter, and they don't like having cars that are built in one quarter and delivered in the next.

That means they build cars for export at the beginning of each quarter, which gives them time to be shipped and delivered to the destination, and focus on domestic production towards the end.

So for a Feb-May window they'll aim to build your car in Jan/Feb for a Feb/Mar delivery or in Apr for a May delivery, barring any major disruptions the likes of which we've seen the last few years with lockdowns, part shortages, factory upgrades etc.
Very well explained! I was wondering why this was the case myself, I ordered mine in May and it's the same delivery estimate as if you order right now 😂

Reactions: Pierce11