Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted a number of MY's on Sydney roads, Each time I see one, it feels like Tesla has just kicked me in the nuts.

Still living in hope of seeing VIN's prior to the Turandot, and Morning Cherry leaving Shanghai this month. I get the quarterly production delivery thing in the past, but if they do not load M3's on these ships then half of March orders will not see their cars this side of Xmas. You will see greater numbers of MY's delivered from now on, meaning less available space on ships for the M3.

I know HOPE is not a strategy, but its all I have. Yes, I'm a half glass full person.

Last edited:
Spotted a number of MY's on Sydney roads, Each time I see one, it feels like Tesla has just kicked me in the nuts.

Still living in hope of seeing VIN's prior to the Turandot, and Morning Cherry leaving Shanghai this month. I get the quarterly production delivery thing in the past, but if they do not load M3's on these ships then half of March orders will not see their cars this side of Xmas. You will see greater numbers of MY's delivered from now on, meaning less available space on ships for the M3.

I know HOPE is not a strategy, but its all I have. Yes, I'm a half glass full person.

Should see them in Canberra. Genuinely more Ys than 3s now :(
My Tesla app no longer says 6 to 9 months from order date, leaving just the line about manage your order in your Tesla account. Does anyone else see the same change?
I'm hoping this isn't a sign of delays

My Tesla app no longer says 6 to 9 months from order date, leaving just the line about manage your order in your Tesla account.
What about on the website version of your Tesla account?

Until a few days ago I didn't have a date on the app or website for my Model Y order.
Now I have a date on the website, but still nothing on the app.
Also, on the user orders page (visible after you log in to the above link) what does it say for your orderStatus?

What about on the website version of your Tesla account?

Until a few days ago I didn't have a date on the app or website for my Model Y order.
Now I have a date on the website, but still nothing on the app.
Also, on the user orders page (visible after you log in to the above link) what does it say for your orderStatus?
Interesting that you have a date on the website, I have nothing in the order section of my account on the website. The user orders page output is "orderStatus":"BOOKED" - which is the same as it has been for a while.

I just tried log out and log back into the app, no 6-9 months from order date line, so this looks lIke a persistent change for me.
One final thought I had was the delivery window being show is tied to your delivery centre.

For the first 4 months of my order I didn’t have anything at all, since there was no delivery centre in Adelaide. The car was going to be delivered to my door.

Then one day it popped up, and reports of the centre started appearing.

Maybe something has changed at your delivery centre and the system thinks it will be delivered directly?

Otherwise I have no idea why it would have changed.

Reactions: David1
Think a bit optimistic to see cars loaded on a ship departing 5 October, unless they produce in September like the quarter just gone.

Next ship (probably Don Juan) more likely imho
Spoke to SA about blank edd on app. He said it's because it's preparing for the next round of vin allocations. Those blanked out will get a vin next cycle. I asked about the 6-9month guys (I'm aug-nov) and he said with the upgraded line they are doing a bigger batch this time.

So those who were 6-9months and have a blank edd can expect an incoming vin in the next run.

Of course this is from SA so don't take as gospel

Spoke to SA about blank edd on app. He said it's because it's preparing for the next round of vin allocations. Those blanked out will get a vin next cycle. I asked about the 6-9month guys (I'm aug-nov) and he said with the upgraded line they are doing a bigger batch this time.

So those who were 6-9months and have a blank edd can expect an incoming vin in the next run.

Thanks for passing on the information. Now I’ll go back to trying to reign in my impatience 😊

Kinda hoping the SA right, but also a bit of hope that it's wrong. Some people reporting the change with order dates after mine. I'm getting serious FOMO! 😭😂