Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone, first time post. Ordered early June so no movement on the EDD front and probably won’t see any for what will feel like 100 years (give or take some years).

In the meantime, I wanted to ask everyone what your thoughts are on regen braking/single pedal driving in the M3. And also what driving settings you are/think you’ll use.

Haven’t had an EV before and have received mixed reviews on this topic from people so far. Thought there would be a good mix of people in this forum with people have recently picked up their M3 (if they’re not too busy out enjoying their car) or have previously owned one.

Cheers!

An interesting note from the experience of a friend of mine who ordered a Model Y (located in Adelaide). The order of receiving a VIN in source code, getting an updated EDD, and receiving an SMS from Tesla saying you’ve had a vehicle allocated to you isn’t linear.

So far, in order, he received an updated EDD (from month-month precision, to precision of ~14 days), then the sms saying the car is allocated, and still no VIN in the source code.

I always assumed VIN in source code came first.
Vins are always first, but Tesla order of telling you it isn’t consistent. Hidden vin is normally first, then invoice has vin on it issued a few days later (except if trade in), then you can request an invoice from Tesla if you don’t have one. Tesla don’t always issue invoices consistently. The real vin displayed in the app or account is also inconsistent.

Locating the hidden vin via the Tesla vin finder chrome extension or locating manually in the source code of the manage page of your Trsla account (beginning lrw) are the most ways to locate the hidden vin.

Hey Everyone, first time post. Ordered early June so no movement on the EDD front and probably won’t see any for what will feel like 100 years (give or take some years).

In the meantime, I wanted to ask everyone what your thoughts are on regen braking/single pedal driving in the M3. And also what driving settings you are/think you’ll use.

Haven’t had an EV before and have received mixed reviews on this topic from people so far. Thought there would be a good mix of people in this forum with people have recently picked up their M3 (if they’re not too busy out enjoying their car) or have previously owned one.

Cheers!
I loved regen breaking on the test drive. I got used to it before getting used to sitting lower.

Cheers!
Single pedal driving is amazing - loving it!

Reactions: Braz and kpdog
First, congrats on the new car, looks great!

I’m also getting the M3 in Black and now I think I might upgrade my wheels too, it looks awesome, thanks for sharing.
Very glad I got the upgraded rims @Jmac007. If you didnt want to upgrade the wheels and risk your car being delayed you could try and do what a few other people on here have done and arrange a trade with someone on delivery. or just buy them off ebay or gumtree? probably similar price without the delivery delay.