Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WuWa on Youtube

Wu Wa12 hours ago
Just got the news that the Shanghai factory started producing the exported MODEL3 ahead of schedule. whether the sales in the Chinese market are really out of shape.
If it's true, morning cherry might be a possibility at 29/9 ? I don't see any other ships going to other countries between now and then. Else it's morning crystal at 5/10

Reactions: Snoopy1
If the first VINs I see are LR and P's not gonna lie, Im going to be pissed.
I'll also be pissed if this happens. The MY being brought forward 3 months is annoying as it is. I'm feeling like progress is so close now that my interest levels have picked back up again, enough that I bought a few more accessories on the weekend. Last time RWD got very little love but the time before that I believe it was LR & P that got left behind. I think it's our turn (although still clearly prioritised behind MY) :rolleyes:

Reactions: BegaPride
I'll also be pissed if this happens. The MY being brought forward 3 months is annoying as it is. I'm feeling like progress is so close now that my interest levels have picked back up again, enough that I bought a few more accessories on the weekend. Last time RWD got very little love but the time before that I believe it was LR & P that got left behind. I think it's our turn (although still clearly prioritised behind MY) :rolleyes:
I am totally with you on all your sentiments. After the roller coaster and let down of last quarter, I am trying to not get excited until a RWD receives a VIN to anyone in February
Excuse me I will just go back to rocking in the corner until VINs appear... Wife on standby 😎

RWD OD 12/3

The most frustrating thing is that they haven't moved to a front and rear casting like they have with the MY which is causing it to take twice as long to manufacture the M3 which is causing the backlog
That has been something I have been wondering also. I remember last year, they mentioned that they planned to move over to the giga castings on Model 3 shortly after the production start of Model Y castings, however as the change would require stopping production, they were holding it off for the time. Now they did stop the production for the factory line upgrades in Shanghai, so that would have been a perfect time to get this in, and would have greatly increased the build capacity. I wonder if now the bottleneck is getting the giga casting presses built as then need them for 4 factories and multiple production lines per factory and they take a while to build and test before they are production ready? So probably each factory Model Y lines are first priority and once they have surplus, then they will look at adding Model 3 lines to the newer factories that get those from start and after that look at swapping the existing production lines with them?

Feedback just now from SA is that they no longer facilitate the install of custom plates prior to delivery.

"Unfortunately, we are no longer able to facilitate custom plates for new deliveries. This has been a national change within the business due to the extreme volume of cars and the complex issues arising from custom plate procedures."

Anyone else had this feedback?
I got similar feedback in June (Feb order/awaiting VIN): Due to the volume of cars we sell and register, Tesla cannot accommodate for any custom plates for registration and will be registered with standard yellow/black or white/black NSW plates

Had pickup today at Chatswood. Arrived early for vehicle trade in and all went smoothly and no questions about trade. I was expecting a pretty quick "heres your keys, pair your phone, thanks for coming" kind of deal as they said the appointment would be 10-15 minutes on a phone call I received yesterday afternoon but the guy that helped me Nathan spent about 30 minutes with me just helping me set stuff up, answering any questions I had and just being overall really helpful.

I know everyone hates the "its worth the wait" saying being thrown around over and over but I have to say after taking delivery the past 6 1/2 months of waiting were swiftly forgotten so I'll agree with them and say it again, its worth the wait Ladies and Gents.

Car calibrated in about 25 minutes after leaving the showroom and I have to say I'm buggered this afternoon after driving all round Sydney then back to Newcastle.

The daughter approved of the new ride as well it would appear, I told her the frunk was her new seat to get to daycare in the morning, she was stoked. haha.

View attachment 856966

View attachment 856967
First, congrats on the new car, looks great!

I’m also getting the M3 in Black and now I think I might upgrade my wheels too, it looks awesome, thanks for sharing.

I got similar feedback in June (Feb order/awaiting VIN): Due to the volume of cars we sell and register, Tesla cannot accommodate for any custom plates for registration and will be registered with standard yellow/black or white/black NSW plates
Bugger if this is the case. For my MY order in Melbourne, they said a couple of weeks ago we can bring in my personalised plates to the delivery centre a week ahead. A waste paying for plates we’re only going to take off!