Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey gang, question: would anyone mind me sending a bunch of screenshots of our most frustrated posts to my SA? I would love him to get a good understanding of the general vibe amongst Tesla customers who have been waiting far longer than the original EDD (not all of us here, I know, but more than a few of us). I figure no one can be identified if I blank out names but who knows whose attention it might grab if he sends it up the chain? At the end of the day, not being heard is the biggest insult in all of this and sending them some posts at least gives us a communal voice (and will make me feel a bit better). 99.99% chance it will have no impact at all, but they need to know the damage that is being done to their brand and tbh their comms team needs all the hints it can get. What do you think?

Hey gang, question: would anyone mind me sending a bunch of screenshots of our most frustrated posts to my SA? I would love him to get a good understanding of the general vibe amongst Tesla customers who have been waiting far longer than the original EDD (not all of us here, I know, but more than a few of us). I figure no one can be identified if I blank out names but who knows whose attention it might grab if he sends it up the chain? At the end of the day, not being heard is the biggest insult in all of this and sending them some posts at least gives us a communal voice (and will make me feel a bit better). 99.99% chance it will have no impact at all, but they need to know the damage that is being done to their brand and tbh their comms team needs all the hints it can get. What do you think?
Without asking the senior moderators, I guess that this would be frowned upon at least. Not to mention that you may displease an individual member by lifting their post, that may be construed as out of context. Nothing stopping you sending a link to a particular post or thread as this is an open form where anyone can read a post without being a member.
I'm sure the involvement of Tesla staff including SA's varies from person to person but as Aus\NZ Moderator I have been approached a few times by Tesla with feedback about certain posts and subjects, so I am certain that parts of Tesla and Tesla Australia monitor this forum. 🖐

Without asking the senior moderators, I guess that this would be frowned upon at least. Not to mention that you may displease an individual member by lifting their post, that may be construed as out of context. Nothing stopping you sending a link to a particular post or thread as this is an open form where anyone can read a post without being a member.
I'm sure the involvement of Tesla staff including SA's varies from person to person but as Aus\NZ Moderator I have been approached a few times by Tesla with feedback about certain posts and subjects, so I am certain that parts of Tesla and Tesla Australia monitor this forum. 🖐
No problems - I'll leave it there then, thanks for letting me know. And very interesting to hear that Tesla employees may actually read this! If only they could chip in and shed some light on the mysteries of how their fulfillment procedure operates...

Srsly people just need to calm down - and yeah that's going to trigger a lot of comments but man I've never seen so much whining and carrying on from so many privileged people who can afford a $70k+ vehicle. Go take a trip to a third world country and see how lucky you are and be patient - your car will arrive. I've got friends waiting over 15 months for a new order from Volkswagen and Toyota too - you aren't special in waiting.

I don't think this works anymore. I have a VIN from my Final Invoice, but the "VIN" section in the Tesla API is blank.
The telltale sign is if the "Year" section shows 2022, then you have a car assigned. I found the VIN embedded in the source code of the web page.
That's concerning as I did have 2022 in the year until this week - now blank. Hope this doesn't mean I have been bumped to 2023

To put this in perspective, my mother ordered a Toyota Corolla Hybrid (yes I know) in Jan. If you think Tesla is bad, when she ordered she was told about 6 months. Come July she's been told to call at the end of each month to check if it will be next month with the answer always being no. To really make things worse, this month's call came with a "sorry we have moved on to 2023 model year now, as the car has new features the price has risen $3000 or you can cancel and get your deposit back, and we still don't have an ETA". At least Tesla isn't putting the price up on us and the communication with Toyota hasn't been easy either.

I'm 100% sure it wouldn't make any difference other than annoy the SA. They can't do anything about it, and it would just make their day worse.

With China delivery for 3 down to 1-8 Weeks, Y down to 1-6 weeks. Y production line also switch to production for export on 26th, has not seen any news on 3 production line… anyway this all seem promising this round Aussie should get the love with most if not all demands fulfilled. After all our order number is still dismal compare to the rest of the world… sigh…

I'm 100% sure it wouldn't make any difference other than annoy the SA. They can't do anything about it, and it would just make their day worse.
True, though I that also depends on how you talk to your SA. I spoke with him (respectfully) about a month ago asking what was going on, and he was incredibly apologetic and wanted to know how he could help. He also said he would talk to his boss and see what could be done. He said he thought the communication from Tesla was awful and he wanted to try and change that. I simply thought this forum might be something he could use to draw attention to us, as he said he wanted to help. All good, I was aware the idea might be divisive, hence me flagging it here before doing anything. Not trying to whine, just trying to make things happen 😀 Hopefully today is VIN day!

Srsly people just need to calm down - and yeah that's going to trigger a lot of comments but man I've never seen so much whining and carrying on from so many privileged people who can afford a $70k+ vehicle. Go take a trip to a third world country and see how lucky you are and be patient - your car will arrive. I've got friends waiting over 15 months for a new order from Volkswagen and Toyota too - you aren't special in waiting.
This comment is highly self complacent. If you start your comment with " You know you are lucky comparing to the third world country", you won't be able to judge anything.

For example if you were treated wrongly in your workplace, your boss could say "You should feel lucky you still have a job, think about the ppl living in the third world country".

Think twice before you post.

Besides I ordered a Tesla, not Toyota or Volkswagen. Corolla or Golf is none of my business. I would only want to compare the Model 3 delivery with the Model Y.

Last edited: