Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Elon is talking about spreading deliveries out across the quarter from now on Which I can only interpret as waiting even longer for my car.

Tesla rebounds, posts delivery record
Fingers crossed it means no more start of quarter / End of Quarter bullshit rushes..

we should be seeing steadier *consistent* deliveries of cars

(he says with equal mixes of optimism and sarcasm)

“Before Xmas” true… …. But they didn’t say which one.
Lol, very true...

I really feel for you guys and your wait. Mine is horrible and I just want it now but I'm not even technically in the delivery window I was originally quoted yet (6 days out). To have to wait this long when you would have expected it months ago would be excruciating!

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
If they go back to their historical schedule of 5th-8th, they'll make it in time for the 10/10 ship.
Not sure Tesla has been manufacturing cars long enough to consider their previous years historical schedule, specially considering expansions to their manufacturing. My current Tesla Model 3 was manufactured on 11-07-2019 and delivered 27-09-2019 however, it came from Fremont factory. I would assume the delivery times from China could even be slightly faster, so the manufacturing can happen any time in the next month and as long as there is a ship coming that arrives before middle of December, still get delivered this year.

Not sure Tesla has been manufacturing cars long enough to consider their previous years historical schedule, specially considering expansions to their manufacturing. My current Tesla Model 3 was manufactured on 11-07-2019 and delivered 27-09-2019 however, it came from Fremont factory. I would assume the delivery times from China could even be slightly faster, so the manufacturing can happen any time in the next month and as long as there is a ship coming that arrives before middle of December, still get delivered this year.

We were supposed to get our cars in August, our app says aug-nov. People who ordered in Feb won't be happy with a December delivery. Thats 10months.

And even worse still for those in the 6-9month and 9-12 month category.

Reactions: JustinFernleaf
I'm not sure why it wasn't in place before
Just look at the reaction to the number of cars built but not delivered last quarter, and you'll understand why Tesla always tried to keep that number as low as possible.

"Tesla blames logistics problems after delivering fewer cars than forecast" - Financial Times
"Telsa [sic] slides on widening delivery and production gap, demand worries" - Yahoo Finance

And those are just the top hits from Google.

It's a ridiculous metric, but here we are.