Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of my interactions with tesla staff has always been positive. It's true they are more clueless then we are, but generally they are good folk dealing with situations outside their control. I suggest making that complaint.
I can actually relate to @moa999 as I have had experience both ways. It appears to be more about the specific person you interact with at specific location. 3 years ago when I bought my current Model 3, I dealt with Brisbane team and I can say I only have praise for them. I had very good experience, as they called back on every question i had, and even though they were not very knowledgeable, at least i could see them make the effort and often end up apologizing that they could not find out more.
Now over the last year to 16 months, I have dealt with Gold Coast Tesla team, and the service team is professional but does not go the extra mile and sales team basically tells you to google yourself as they wont have any extra information. I know they are right, but it feels like they are brushing me off and you can see that they have no interest to even try or even look like they made any effort to get me some answers.
Sometimes all one needs is them to make it look like they care and want to help... Even if they know they cannot do anything.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Well here’s my accessorised baby. We spent 4 days fitting everything and ceramic coating (ourselves) the inside and outside. The last thing I’ll need to do is get the tinting done. For all the fantastic optimists out there fighting an uphill battle to keep from falling into depression caused by the pessimists in here…..(by the way, said pessimists, you’d better close your eyes and scroll past this……) It is definitely worth the wait, you’ll see (hopefully very soon) 😁😍🥰

That’s my other baby enjoying the ride in her Pet Liner.

Attachments

• 93C45E9D-61EF-42EC-9096-184B676AECEE.jpeg
    93C45E9D-61EF-42EC-9096-184B676AECEE.jpeg
    551.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 61844AB9-AAFC-453D-80F1-E6B8FA62C9E5.jpeg
    61844AB9-AAFC-453D-80F1-E6B8FA62C9E5.jpeg
    662 KB · Views: 37
  • 6A17D2F6-3BFA-47BC-8F0C-4C32EEC68DD4.jpeg
    6A17D2F6-3BFA-47BC-8F0C-4C32EEC68DD4.jpeg
    620.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 0613FFFE-CEDD-488C-BF70-AD452FC8EE23.jpeg
    0613FFFE-CEDD-488C-BF70-AD452FC8EE23.jpeg
    725 KB · Views: 40
  • 423A41EF-D394-4E86-9B0B-5147B2E7FF89.jpeg
    423A41EF-D394-4E86-9B0B-5147B2E7FF89.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 37
Well here’s my accessorised baby. We spent 4 days fitting everything and ceramic coating (ourselves) the inside and outside. The last thing I’ll need to do is get the tinting done. For all the fantastic optimists out there, fighting an uphill battle to keep from falling into depression, caused by the pessimists in here…..(by the way, said pessimists, you’d better close your eyes and scroll past this……) It is definitely worth the wait, you’ll see (hopefully very soon) 😁😍🥰

Looks sweet! How was your experience doing ceramic coating yourself? Would really appreciate if you could share it.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
I can actually relate to @moa999 as I have had experience both ways. It appears to be more about the specific person you interact with at specific location. 3 years ago when I bought my current Model 3, I dealt with Brisbane team and I can say I only have praise for them. I had very good experience, as they called back on every question i had, and even though they were not very knowledgeable, at least i could see them make the effort and often end up apologizing that they could not find out more.
Now over the last year to 16 months, I have dealt with Gold Coast Tesla team, and the service team is professional but does not go the extra mile and sales team basically tells you to google yourself as they wont have any extra information. I know they are right, but it feels like they are brushing me off and you can see that they have no interest to even try or even look like they made any effort to get me some answers.
Sometimes all one needs is them to make it look like they care and want to help... Even if they know they cannot do anything.
True.. for context, I did my test drive on the 12/3. Spoke with the SA and left. The next day he called me, telling me the allocation for the 5-7month could be running out as well as an impending price hike is likely to follow due to US increasing their price and strongly insisted I place the order asap. I did it after the call.

The next day it slipped into the 6-9month EDD and the day after that the price went up by 3000.

I called tesla chatswood last Sunday to inquire about whens the next run and asked if he was working. He got promoted.

Looks sweet! How was your experience doing ceramic coating yourself? Would really appreciate if you could share it.
A lot of hard work as you have to prep before doing it. We used Bowden’s Own Three Way Prep spray, and their Claying Rubber, and the Turtle ceramic coat. Also Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield, I did multiple coats on the front and back seats. (My back was aching afterwards, as I was trying to keep from leaning on the seats while applying the second coat. 😬

Last edited:
A lot of hard work as you have to prep before doing it. We used Bowden’s Own Three Way Prep spray, and their Claying Rubber, and the Turtle ceramic coat. Also Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield, I did multiple coats on the front and back seats. (My back was aching afterwards, as I was trying to keep from leaning in the seats while applying the second coat. 😬
But worth the effort hey? Looking forward to joining you with a back ache from protecting the car when mine eventually arrives

But worth the effort hey? Looking forward to joining you with a back ache from protecting the car when mine eventually arrives
Lol yes I hope you get a back ache very very soon 😜 But yes well worth it. Believe it or not there was already metal contamination in the paint, which you see once you spray the Three way prep spray on it, and the metal turns purple while breaking down. Easier to spot on a white car.

Well here’s my accessorised baby. We spent 4 days fitting everything and ceramic coating (ourselves) the inside and outside. The last thing I’ll need to do is get the tinting done. For all the fantastic optimists out there fighting an uphill battle to keep from falling into depression caused by the pessimists in here…..(by the way, said pessimists, you’d better close your eyes and scroll past this……) It is definitely worth the wait, you’ll see (hopefully very soon) 😁😍🥰

Looks sick, nice! I too would be interested in hearing your experience with applying the ceramic coat.

BTW, I've not been pessimistic, just frustrated.

Reactions: Polarxp

Yay it's finally here! 🎉 Looks gorgeous!!! 😍 (and glad it was worth the wait! 😋)
Didn't realise you were going to apply the ceramic coating yourself. Did it take a long time?

(BTW, how cute is your frenchie? 😍 )

Looks like if they delay the AU manufacturing enough, they can leave out the ultrasonic sensors...

Looks like if they delay the AU manufacturing enough, they can leave out the ultrasonic sensors...
Hmm that could have been one of the many reasons for Elons push for the AI team to work on SmartSummon and SmartPark - That and it needed a lot of work