Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my SA called me yesterday with an update after I wrote quite an abrupt text to him.
I ordered 5/3/22 and he said that the wait should be no more than 2 weeks to get a VIN, but he wasnt promising! Matches are happening for cars in different colours after me currently on orders received after me!! I ordered metallic grey. 4 weeks

On a bunch of FB pages, model Y’s orderers (it’s a word) that ordered in June onwards (including launch day) have had their EDD delayed in the last few days on their apps/order pages. They were initially Nov-Feb, now Jan-Mar.

So that gives me hope they are prioritising 3’s. Tho we’ve had no update and seem to be in limbo (I empathise with Jan/Feb/Mar orders), at least it hasn’t been pushed back in our apps.

Ordered Aug, EDD Feb-May ‘23.
Even if there is no hope it makes us feel a bit better they they have to wait longer too 😂

On a bunch of FB pages, model Y’s orderers (it’s a word) that ordered in June onwards (including launch day) have had their EDD delayed in the last few days on their apps/order pages. They were initially Nov-Feb, now Jan-Mar.

So that gives me hope they are prioritising 3’s. Tho we’ve had no update and seem to be in limbo (I empathise with Jan/Feb/Mar orders), at least it hasn’t been pushed back in our apps.

It's not really possible to prioritise 3 orders given they are 2 separate production lines unless you mean that they're prioritising ship space?

Reactions: DM221291 and MozMan

Im pretty sure its just P orders.

@Draco Captain, May I suggest an update to the Captain’s Log? Infighting with the crew appears to have been replaced with a lethargy perhaps brought on by dehydration of information. Will we make it to the promised land??? Your orders???
As you wish :)

Captain's log: day 249

We have become becalmed in recent days, with the promise of a strong easterly VINd (see what I did there?) not eventuating and the sails remaining sullenly empty.

It seems that leaving the crew guessing about where we are headed has somehow led to wild speculation and outright fantasies. Several of the crew have had hallucinations of Tesla ships on the horizon, whilst others are threatening to jump overboard and swim to other EV ships. After a thorough investigation, it seems that SAs have been spreading rumours of an imminent VINd storm (even funnier the second time right?) stoking the crew's expectations.

I dont mind not receiving in Nov as long as its received in 2022. Be disappointing if it goes to 2023
I'm feeling the same. The time of the wait isn't the thing worrying me, it's the expiration date of my finance, and the fact that the interest rate will rise sharply if I need to reapply.

Maquarrie have told me they can settle the loan once an invoice has arrived. From what we've seen, invoices are usually 2-7 days after the VIN, which is 2 days after build date. I have finance approved until Jan 4th which gives Tesla the rest of October and the entire November and December to make my car and deliver an invoice.

If they can do that, I'll be happy.
If it is pushed into next year it will be a lot more expensive.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhgh, My ICE Subbie, forester turbo (2004) is up fo rego in mid Dec, notoriously inefficient (18 ltr/100 but a great drive) I cant sell it (only for parts) because it's been financially written off, It can only be re rego'd in my name. What's worse(?) is, suddenly it's become more fuel efficient (10 ltr/100) on the Syd - Jindabyne - Syd snow trip!

Looks like I'm up for rego, CTP and 3rd party, at least I'll get part of that back when I de register!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhgh, My ICE Subbie, forester turbo (2004) is up fo rego in mid Dec, notoriously inefficient (18 ltr/100 but a great drive) I cant sell it (only for parts) because it's been financially written off, It can only be re rego'd in my name. What's worse(?) is, suddenly it's become more fuel efficient (10 ltr/100) on the Syd - Jindabyne - Syd snow trip!

Looks like I'm up for rego, CTP and 3rd party, at least I'll get part of that back when I de register!
We've just switched over to a monthly registration on our ICE. A little bit more across the year doing it this way but don't end up paying for a bunch of rego we don't need

Is there any thread on Australian insurers for a Tesla someone can reference? Probably the one thing I haven't looked into yet
Here’s one.

It's not really possible to prioritise 3 orders given they are 2 separate production lines unless you mean that they're prioritising ship space?
The production priorities are probably affected by the ship space availability, so if they prioritize Model 3 for the ship space for Australia, they just build more Model 3 for Australia and the Model Y production goes somewhere else with more shipping space available or to local deliveries. They will not produce large numbers to sit in the parking lot to wait for months at a time for the spot to become available on ships.
I suspect the comment about prioritizing 3 orders were more about having higher percentage of available ship space used for Model 3, as last month 70% of the space on AU ships went for Model Y and only 30% for Model 3, even though Model 3 has way longer waiting times.

At the risk of setting off wild speculation - is anyone else currently getting this screen when trying to open the app? Have tried reopening and it still does the same thing...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221012-110051_Tesla.png
    Screenshot_20221012-110051_Tesla.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 62