Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is total speculation. Maybe the VIN assignment has something to do with the order in which cars are loaded on to ships, and cars to be offloaded at Brisbane are assigned first, with cars destined for other ports to be allocated later?

Still hitting refresh here in Melbourne at least hourly in hope.

I fully expected Perth to get all the first VINs for this lot because of last time but yeah I was shocked and ridiculously excited to see my app update and for whatever reason all the GC orders seem to be the first. Maybe Perth will be getting a dedicated ship again where they don’t need to organise freight from the east coast or something?

I’m expecting the other cities to start seeing some action today and tomorrow. Kinda follows the last VIN storm which happened on a weekend too.

I would’ve been a long time poster except I had nothing to contribute and was just interested in seeing the ship tracking and any random news people had so I’d know when to check the app. I wasn’t gonna join either (not much point now that I’ve got my EDD tbh and won’t be checking the waiting room soon once I get the car in a couple of weeks) but just wanted to confirm the VINs were starting for sure so everyone here would have something to look forward to after months of nothing. It’s real this time.

Hey guys, finding it super weird that only like 3 of us on here have been assigned a car. All of us seem to be Queensland based so I wouldn't get too worried. If you ordered in Feb / March you will get your car this year, I'm sure of it. Spoke to Tesla Advisor and he has had heaps of calls from customers regarding new Model 3's being assigned in the area. It's only a matter of time before your area is next.

Current delivery is early to mid November:
Are you Gold Coast or Brisbane?

Last edited by a moderator:
February 9th Sydney model 3 standard

Attachments

• C735F528-3301-4144-AC3A-77448D76FBF4.jpeg
    C735F528-3301-4144-AC3A-77448D76FBF4.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: cafz
Hey guys, finding it super weird that only like 3 of us on here have been assigned a car. All of us seem to be Queensland based so I wouldn't get too worried. If you ordered in Feb / March you will get your car this year, I'm sure of it. Spoke to Tesla Advisor and he has had heaps of calls from customers regarding new Model 3's being assigned in the area. It's only a matter of time before your area is next.

Current delivery is early to mid November:
You should not discolse your RN # in public forum

Moderators Note: Removed file referring to RN number. As @hk12 said you should not disclose any personal information or reference numbers on TMC. In the past Tesla buyers have had frauds perpetuated against them and lost money.

Last edited by a moderator: