Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from the Perth Sales Advisor this morning which sounds pretty ominous...

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we have no news in relation to model 3 deliveries at the moment. As soon as we have an update we will communicate directly via your Tesla account.

Thank you so much for your patience so far we really appreciate it.

Reactions: JoK77
You sure about that? Because the LR and P orders from last year were in exactly the same situation that us RWD orders from early this year are in now

A few weeks closure doesn't put them back 4 months
Since the factory up until this month was working on batches per quarter and the Australian batch was to be produced at the time the factory was shut down, as well as next factory shutdown for the production line upgrades forced more delays as they tried to make up with more local deliveries to ensure the numbers delivered were not too small for the financial markets to panic, we just got screwed over by the timings, so 4 month delay was inevitable with those shutdowns. They say they are changing from the batches to more distributed manufacturing across the quarter now, so we will see if that helps in the future that specific events will affect the estimated times less.

@Draco @ianhutch1

I've been looking at the freo port schedule. It only has arrivals up until 12/11 but in this period the only ships our cars could be on are transhipments from east (rather than getting a direct shipment like last qtr).
I guess we cross our fingers that our cars are gonna be on one of those but just haven't been assigned yet? :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: Draco
@Draco @ianhutch1

I've been looking at the freo port schedule. It only has arrivals up until 12/11 but in this period the only ships our cars could be on are transhipments from east (rather than getting a direct shipment like last qtr).
I guess we cross our fingers that our cars are gonna be on one of those but just haven't been assigned yet? :rolleyes:
Yes I agree mate I think our only hope now is a transhipment from the East Coast and by the look of it we wont know about that until the cars are actually on the ship

Yeah my speculation provides no insight to the issue of lack of comms from Tesla. I'm in Melbourne, and my SA, despite numerous attempts to contact since ordering in Feb, has not provided any information. Like, none. Zip.

The best I've had is the odd conversation with a Tesla NZ SA, because the attempts at calling Tesla ends with being forwarded to them because I guess I chose a time when the AU team is inundated with too much contact.

The comms aspect from Tesla is awful. And here we are, left to speculate here on forums like this.
If you’re Melbourne, I think we have the same SA!

Read on Facebook the ship the cars are on is the Dignity Ace but just a rumour
Update from the Perth Sales Advisor this morning which sounds pretty ominous...

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we have no news in relation to model 3 deliveries at the moment. As soon as we have an update we will communicate directly via your Tesla account.

Thank you so much for your patience so far we really appreciate it.
Tesla sales advisors have no extra information compared to what you do. It's a waste of a phone call.