Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if any of these vehicles have USS and/or the 5MP Cameras.

Using the VIN Decoder here: Tesla VIN decoder. my RWD 8th digit is an 'S' indicating the newer 3D7 motor. Looking at a VIN from 2 months ago, it has 'R' (3D5?).

So things do seem to change along the way, or the VIN decoder is wrong...
The prompt to accept Tesla Vision for these orders hasn't mentioned the removal of USS, in the USA it has so it's highly likely that USS is still on these cars from Shanghai (the announcement of the removal of USS also stated the regions affected and it was all US built recipients).

The 5mp cameras are part of HW 4, the chip maker recently said they are shipping the chips for HW 4 already but I also thought that the Cybertruck was going to be the first model with the new system. It'll certainly make this batch of cars special if they have the new computer and cameras plus have USS.

Yes I've noticed that the VINs in this batch are the newer motor as well, happy about that (assuming I'll get a VIN soon as well).

Reactions: JoK77 and mpowney
I would think finish off Melbourne orders today then move onto Sydney ones and then Brisbane ones Later this week?
I am sure someone here actually knows, but to me it makes sense allocating VINS according to how you load the ship. Melbourne last to be unloaded so there ones are made first and packed on the ship..then Sydney and Brisbane last on first off.
well that's what keep me from being overly worried I have missed out ...until it sails of course 😂
Good luck today for all February and March people to be cleared out at least in Melbourne , and wherever Melbourne delivers to.

Hi guys, first-time poster. I was forced out of my shell seeing the barrage of Melbourne VINs that rained down yesterday without getting one for myself. I ordered online (with no SA involved) on 16th March. Since then I have modified the design up to four times - changing the paint color from red to white and vice versa. My last change (red exterior to white) was less than a week ago which set my order date back to 20/10/2022 as per my updated order agreement.

Two questions:
  • Which order date do you think Tesla might be working with here? 16/03 (my first order date) or 20/10 (the date of my last design changes)?
  • How do you think making design changes affects wait time generally?
Current design: M3, RWD, white paint, black interior

BTW, I have a novated lease quote with $93.94/fortnight fleet insurance. Is this a reasonable price? I have the option of bringing my own insurance company. Can someone point me to a few insurance companies I could talk to?

Melbourne Feb buyer here.

Woke up this morning a little dusty after opening a nice bottle of red to celebrate a delivery date last night, opened the app to once again enjoy the date sitting there ONLY TO SEE THE ESTIMATED DELIVERY GO BACK TO AUG - DEC.

Gutted.
That's awful! Feel for you mate. I'd be gutted as well.
let's hope Tesla will get its act together and you get another one today.