Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they don't even clear out the Q1 orders, after all their BS making us suffer for COVID and line upgrade shut-downs, I'll be pretty close to cancelling. The only reason I wouldn't would be to force them to make my car for the Q1 22 price. I'm sure there's more to come but we're only up to mid-Feb at best for RWD, which is where we were in June.
I am solid with you, fellow 12/3 orderer. Lets hope it is this weekend.
i am holding my to tongue and fading hope until the Don Juan sails...then I am up the creek as I go overseas on December 10.....and you know what that means for delivery! Especially as they would have missed 2 EDDs for me by then 👎

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
I don't think there is any legal obligation to refund it but they might do so as a gesture of goodwill. The date has only ever been represented as an estimate not a guarantee
Under the Australian law they have to refund for failing to deliver on promised timeframe which they have broken on 2 occasions comes end of november. I paid for something that i dont have based on them not building my order, and to top it off some orders after my order date have received delivery date and mine like heaps in here still didnt. This mean they are refusing to build my car or delaying it . At the moment im still in that time frame and cant do nothing once november ends i can act.and i will get it even if its gunna cost me . I dont give a shi*t about money but like i said its my money not theirs.

Under the Australian law they have to refund for failing to deliver on promised timeframe which they have broken on 2 occasions comes end of november. I paid for something that i dont have based on them not building my order, and to top it off some orders after my order date have received delivery date and mine like heaps in here still didnt. This mean they are refusing to build my car or delaying it . At the moment im still in that time frame and cant do nothing once november ends i can act.and i will get it even if its gunna cost me . I dont give a shi*t about money but like i said its my money not theirs.
What law?

You have paid a fee for a service. The service is still being provided.

Your Order Fee covers the cost of these activities and other processing costs.... Your Order Fee is not a deposit for the Vehicle and it will not be credited towards your final purchase price.... We incur significant costs in preparing and coordinating the delivery of your vehicle, including shipping logistics, so your Order Fee payment is non-refundable.

What law?

Your Order Fee covers the cost of these activities and other processing costs.... Your Order Fee is not a deposit for the Vehicle and it will not be credited towards your final purchase price.... We incur significant costs in preparing and coordinating the delivery of your vehicle, including shipping logistics, so your Order Fee payment is non-refundable.
"We"? Are you some random Tesla employee trawling the forum? 😂

What law?

Re termination and the order fee I believe there was a change so it will depend on when you ordered, much like the chargers, you will need to look in your agreement. Point 3 is clear lawful termination results in full refund of all money. If they terminate due to brech by you (me) then it's point 1. Long and short of it read your own agreement. Below is my agreement on termination

1666757597575.png

If they don't even clear out the Q1 orders, after all their BS making us suffer for COVID and line upgrade shut-downs, I'll be pretty close to cancelling. The only reason I wouldn't would be to force them to make my car for the Q1 22 price. I'm sure there's more to come but we're only up to mid-Feb at best for RWD, which is where we were in June.
Nope I'm 9 Feb Brisbane red RWD, still waiting.

What law?

Are you sure about that have u received any invoice from tesla, it will be deducted from the final price its something u paid its not gunna disappear into thin air. And what service have u provided to me from the day i ordered everything was done online. Dont say anything if ur ignorant stay out of this conversation, and all the other bullshhit ur talking about is included in the price of the sale of the vehicle thats why there dealer delivery fee and so on. Get ur facts right. Now we have someone defending tesla here. What ever i stated its not from me thats from a silicitor who knows the law. So hush.

Reactions: Testesslim3
What concerns me about this likely further delay of March, April, May orders and beyond is anyone going via finance are likely going to continually get stung with higher and higher interest rates before delivery. Don't get me wrong, totally expected given the current climate, but this kills the appeal for the model 3.

I've gone from 2.99% to 6.19%, todays CPI 1.8% numbers increase announcement means the RBA are going to keep upping rates, and probably not small increments again which means and given the unlikelihood of my April order arriving before my new pre-approval expires, I'll be potentially looking at 7-9% interest rates on the car loan, no thanks.

This makes the Tesla unappealing, I'm seriously contemplating just buying a second hand ICE at the current rates and cutting my losses with waiting this long.

If it's anything like previous quarters they'll be delivering right through to the end of December. No-one's had an EDD that late yet so there's likely more to come.
I dunno... the December quarter is a little different to the other three. I don't know how it's worked in previous years but have they previously delivered cars between Christmas and NYE? It might be a case of if it's not delivered by the 23rd, it's 2023 for us.