Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those insights can be found at VedaPrime.
Well worth the $22 in my opinion.
I have also paid the money and I continue, after my Tesla arrived, to pay a reduced amount because I can see value in it. I fully realize that some people, regrettably, cannot afford it or just don’t want the service (like a friend of mine). And that’s ok. But I do not think people should knock those that provide the service or those that use the service.

From what I've seen this likely will happen a few times until you have an actual delivery date locked in. But I don't think it varies too wildly.
Personally, I rather that than the 6-9 months EDD I currently have.
Even after I received my delivery date in August (a Tuesday), on the previous Friday I got call from Tesla asking if I could pickup tomorrow, the Saturday. I guess what I am saying, even the delivery date can be bought forward, if both parties agree.

Reactions: Missimpatient
From what I've seen this likely will happen a few times until you have an actual delivery date locked in. But I don't think it varies too wildly.
Personally, I rather that than the 6-9 months EDD I currently have.
Oh yeah, this beats the big vague range, but we sold our old car a few weeks ago, and it feels a bit claustrophobic without a car 😄

We also have family flying in from the US on the 17th, so I’m hoping we get the car before that.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Oh yeah, this beats the big vague range, but we sold our old car a few weeks ago, and it feels a bit claustrophobic without a car 😄

We also have family flying in from the US on the 17th, so I’m hoping we get the car before that.
I'm wondering when to sell the other car. Once I get the VIN with EDD or closer to the actual delivery date? Selling isn't essential for financing the Tesla, but I also want the cash for it asap (selling privately).
Trying to get judge how long I can go without a car without going insane 😂

I'm wondering when to sell the other car. Once I get the VIN with EDD or closer to the actual delivery date? Selling isn't essential for financing the Tesla, but I also want the cash for it asap (selling privately).
We had no choice. Rego was due and the car needed repairs. It was originally going to be a trade in back when we ordered in February! 😄

I just sold on car sales with an instant quote. The process took me 3 days. Got my EED last week nov 20-dec 1.

Looking at private sales I made a loss of about 3k, but i didnt need to clean my car, get a road worth cert (worst thing about vic) or meet buyers.

Hi All, Months old reader and first time poster. Placed a vanilla model 3 (white ext, black interior) from melbourne on 22 Feb 22. I heard few lucky ones from Feb among us have already got there VIN .

No update so far for me. Just a general delivery window of Aug to Nov.
Same. I ordered on the same date too 22nd Feb and still waiting on vin. From melb too.

I just sold on car sales with an instant quote. The process took me 3 days. Got my EED last week nov 20-dec 1.

Looking at private sales I made a loss of about 3k, but i didnt need to clean my car, get a road worth cert (worst thing about vic) or meet buyers.
That's good to get an indication of the difference. I'm prepared to do that stuff for extra 3k. Plus I've done it before a couple of times so I know what to expect.

I'm a subscriber its definitely not a cult. I can confirm that he actually provides stuff that is definitely not readily available to the public. I am not sure and don't really care how he gets this information but he does.
The first people to defend a cult are those who are in it (sorry, that’s a joke, and I couldn’t help it).

The problem I have is when VedaPrime’s service is mentioned here, it invariably is in response to a question that cannot be answered unless ‘you sign up to this paid-for service’.

There is no doubt the information VedaPrime provides is accurate. No one is disputing that. The problem is the vehement promotion of it here on TMC - a free service where we like to openly discuss all aspects of the trials and tribulations of waiting for our Model 3s.

We should be able to freely discuss the questions here, and in that discussion, include whatever knowledge we collectively have. VedaPrime’s service explicitly denies you from being able to do this. Members who have signed up to Veda’s service even actively police each other here for potentially saying things they shouldn’t.

I would hazard a guess - the intellectual property we’re talking about here is likely not even VedaPrime’s to own. So it would be questionable what legal remedy VedaPrime might have when information is disclosed.

I mean, it’s great that one guy is making a buck out of all of this. But for those of us who have chosen to not subscribe to his service, it sucks.

Reactions: Erasmuz

These sounds like the way to go for my partners car.

Private sale is just a pain in the ass, at least you know the car is gone quickly and you don't waste weeks with people trying to low ball the price anyway.

it invariably is in response to a question that cannot be answered unless ‘you sign up to this paid-for service’.
Which get's answered most times anyway lol

He's found a niche market and offers a service for it, good on him and if you want the service, pay for it. Just get's annoying being told his information isn't available elsewhere when everyone damn well knows it is. There is no information about a Tesla that is so secretive it needs $22/$10/$5 to access. Not that anybody can share whatever is apparently only found on his discord 🤷‍♂️
The first people to defend a cult are those who are in it
Just the way people need to defend it whenever someone says it's not worth it to them makes it seem like it is.

His service speaks for itself and it doesn't need "defending" from the fans, it just makes it feel like people are being told they need to defend it at all costs.
We should be able to freely discuss the questions here, and in that discussion, include whatever knowledge we collectively have. VedaPrime’s service explicitly denies you from being able to do this. Members who have signed up to Veda’s service even actively police each other here for potentially saying things they shouldn’t.
Sounds like cult like behavior to me.

Yes, i know it's not a cult, it just displays lots of cult like behaviors
I would hazard a guess - the intellectual property we’re talking about here is likely not even VedaPrime’s to own.
The last time something was "leaked" was a hilarious disaster. Was some information about a ship that nobody knew what it was until Veda found it. Someone leaked the ship name only for Veda to post it on twitter anyway. Then people found MOLACE as the secondary management company managing some ships Tesla users and this was all apparently "highly secretive intellectual property" 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: mpowney
Anyone know the procedure for changing the delivery location? I'm in rural NSW and have EDD TBD and would prefer to pick up in Sydney anyway. I can't remember if this was even asked with the original order and I've had zero communication from Tesla to date. I find their website doesn't seem to have any options to contact them except to cancel the order. Can't even find a phone number to Tesla

Anyone know the procedure for changing the delivery location? I'm in rural NSW and have EDD TBD and would prefer to pick up in Sydney anyway. I can't remember if this was even asked with the original order and I've had zero communication from Tesla to date. I find their website doesn't seem to have any options to contact them except to cancel the order. Can't even find a phone number to Tesla
There is a phone number on the account page. Also if you're rural NSW the reason it's TBD is because they will deliver it to your home.

There is a phone number on the account page. Also if you're rural NSW the reason it's TBD is because they will deliver it to your home.
Thanks. I will have another look. I would rather pick up from delivery centre as it's easy from where I live to fly down and any issues can be flagged on the day. Also would be nice to experience the "proper" Tesla delivery. I just can't remember being given an option at ordering so they must default to home delivery for all rural orders.