Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, another week down and another disappointment. Melbourne and Perth are the only cities that have been allocated more than a token number of cars this quarter. I feel for the VINless people in each of those cities who have significantly earlier order dates than others who have received VINs. Tesla sure has some madness to their method.

Still nothing at all for anyone outside of GC, Sydney, Melb and Perth. Let's all hope for a bit of attention over the next fortnight or else I fear that those of us who were given an initial EDD of 5-7 months may stretch out to 12.

Well, another week down and another disappointment. Melbourne and Perth are the only cities that have been allocated more than a token number of cars this quarter. I feel for the VINless people in each of those cities who have significantly earlier order dates than others who have received VINs. Tesla sure has some madness to their method.

Still nothing at all for anyone outside of GC, Sydney, Melb and Perth. Let's all hope for a bit of attention over the next fortnight or else I fear that those of us who were given an initial EDD of 5-7 months may stretch out to 12.
If you don't want to wait each state has plenty of used M3 available and most of them are now decently priced

Let's all hope for a bit of attention over the next fortnight or else I fear that those of us who were given an initial EDD of 5-7 months may stretch out to 12.
I want to remain optimistic for everyone but if you take into consideration the new schedule there is potential for 3 more ships from Armacup to enter the country before years end. Plus whatever they have for MOLACE. Hope isn't lost just yet

I don't think Paganella will carry many, if any Teslas for Aus

1667168461104.png

Reactions: Latchr
I want to remain optimistic for everyone but if you take into consideration the new schedule there is potential for 3 more ships from Armacup to enter the country before years end. Plus whatever they have for MOLACE. Hope isn't lost just yet

I don't think Paganella will carry many, if any Teslas for Aus

View attachment 869240
I think you are right, it is good advice as possibly or even likely delivery all through December. Not a problem for most people, just be patient is good advice.
I guess I represent those where time is a factor and Don Juan may be my last chance as I am committed to being out of the country from early to mid December until after Christmas and facing the prospect of losing the order and the locked in price while away having waited patiently through the initial 5-7 month EDD then potentially seeing August to November go as well.
It is frustrating that other car manufacturers will hold the cars for 2 or3 weeks in my situation while Tesla doesn't make that accommodation, particularly when it is their decision to delay my order. That is what I find frustrating. Come on Don Juan 🤞
RWD OD 12/3

Reactions: Lancey
If you don't want to wait each state has plenty of used M3 available and most of them are now decently priced
I ordered a brand new car and I'll be getting a brand new car. Given you only ordered 2 months ago I'll forgive you for being ignorant to how people feel who ordered in Feb and March and have had to continually watch LR, P and MY orders fly past their own, or even other M3 orders from different states. 2 months into my own wait I didn't know or care that a waiting room forum existed. Now I feel like Tesla's redheaded stepchild who has to wait until everyone else has finished eating before I can touch my dinner.

Anyway, I'll continue to wait in the waiting room and if I still feel critical of how Tesla is managing the M3 deliveries in Australia then I'll continue to post about that if I feel like it.

Not wanting to pour salt in anyone’s wounds but thought I’d add another data point to the discussion as I’ve just received an update in my app after many moons of daily checking. OD 19/3, Perth, RWD white/black, EDD 9/12-23/12. If I hadn’t read online how little the SAs know, I’d have thought otherwise. When I placed my order in March, he told me to expect it in the second week of December.

Similar to another recent poster, I hope my 2005 Commodore ute survives until then. By the time my new car is ready, I’ll be looking forward to air conditioning more than anything else, haha.

Best of luck everyone.

Not wanting to pour salt in anyone’s wounds but thought I’d add another data point to the discussion as I’ve just received an update in my app after many moons of daily checking. OD 19/3, Perth, RWD white/black, EDD 9/12-23/12. If I hadn’t read online how little the SAs know, I’d have thought otherwise. When I placed my order in March, he told me to expect it in the second week of December.

Similar to another recent poster, I hope my 2005 Commodore ute survives until then. By the time my new car is ready, I’ll be looking forward to air conditioning more than anything else, haha.

Best of luck everyone.
If you could find your VIN and see if you can search RoRo to see if it's on the Miraculous Ace like the other Perth cars that would help give hope to those still waiting, I know a few with earlier dates that are really holding out to hear of another ship where allocations could be coming from.

Reactions: SpicySol
I'm just wondering how Tesla is going to fulfill their new order EDD of feb-may 2023 when we are still in Feb 2022 orders and it's almost November.

They would have to clear 6 months of orders at least next quarter to even have a chance of sticking to it.
The same way they have handled ours....change the EDDs of the new orders along with ours 😢
Now Don Juan has left we have hope that VINs will come soon as we are now at the allocation at sea stage 🤞

Reactions: ecatt and SpicySol