Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious...are there any January people here still waiting (hopefully they all have their cars)
Jan 31 RWD order delivered last month. Excellent vehicle which is a pleasure to drive.

As you all know the wait is painful, however the good news is Tesla continue to honour the price when ordered (unlike Toyota et al) and the Government’s EV FBT exempt bill should pass this month.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Now that I'm a month away from actually getting the car I was looking at PPF and window tinting. I want to get window tinting for sure but was wondering if PPF is necessary and what the average price should be? I got quoted nearly 9k from one place in Melbourne to do parts of the front only and other places are around 4-5k (price online). I drive on the highway daily, so stones might be an issue. Has anyone gotten/not gotten PPF and what has your experience been like?
10,000km already done mainly freeway, some stone hits can’t really see where, I always floor it past trucks, no ppf more worried about speeding fines 😅😂

Received the book in txt last night, and chose the earliest day available. At pick up it will be 274 Days since ordering. Pick up at Chatswood, Sydney.
6EBD47B7-792F-4202-AC0D-B648C988D8DC.jpeg

So I've had the 3 for 7 months now and I am still in love with this car. The smoothness. The quiet. The excellent visibility. The responsiveness and sense of connection with the road. The power. The sound system. The autopilot (although you MUST keep a keen eye on it as it makes a lot mistakes - can do a separate post on that if people are interested).

There's no going back to ICE. I have saved a small fortune charging for free all the time. I now avoid tolls because the car is more efficient at lower speeds and I like driving so don't mind spending more time in the car.

Driving an ICE car after getting used to a Tesla 3 really gets you thinking how on earth did we put up with a noisy messy smelly overly complicated solution for so long when we could have had this. I suppose such is the power of oil money. Good riddance to that.

A bit crappy that only a few Gold Coast in the Qld one.
I fully believe we'll see heaps of VINs these next couple weeks, but then I thought the same last quarter and we got completely stiffed by this crap hole of a company. So what I believe (perhaps hope is a better word) and what I expect are not the same.

I fully believe we'll see heaps of VINs these next couple weeks, but then I thought the same last quarter and we got completely stiffed by this crap hole of a company. So what I believe (perhaps hope is a better word) and what I expect are not the same.
Totally agree, I started off the wait way back in March with you and just accepted the EDD as that was when the car was going to arrive. Then it was changed and I shrugged it off thought the older orderers waiting on the forum were just complaining..then I saw no delivery for RWDs and hopes dashed ...then suddenly they could produce heaps of cars for Australian orders ...if they were MY orders...logic said there must be heaps of VINs coming but there wasn't any for RWDs on ship after ship .
So I now don't expect anything other than the current EDD also won't be met.
All this while orders past me are filled...
yes you have to cling to hope...This year delivery..lets see