Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9955ADBE-F0E2-4A36-9037-D153959A6C9E.jpeg

Ordered 01MAY22, went from 9-12 months from order date to Dec 2022 - Jan 2022…I got a little giddy, I must admit.

I agree. Tesla has now given a much better EDD range and people are still complaining. If you have had enough of waiting carsales has plenty of M3 for sale.
I disagree... all timeframes have been smashed and we are allowed to be annoyed by that. There is no communication from one of the so called most advanced car makers in the world. If you had been waiting since Feb, to now be pushed back to an 11 month wait after being told 3-5 months when you ordered I think we are entitled to be annoyed. This is brand damaging. I tell everyone now to avoid getting a Tesla.

Well that depends...

If they managed to book a whole ship or two and are serious about catching up with the production, they may run a weeks worth of AU production on Model 3 lines and do half a year of our orders in one big batch bringing the waiting times down to more reasonable range?
Totally, and this has been the case for quite a while. It's partly why a lot of us have been feeling aggrieved - because it's oh so possible with all of the cars that Tesla churns out to catch up on a small market like ours but they're just not doing it. They're booking more space on ships for MY's and the M3's have just been going elsewhere.

It appears that it's orders from Feb to May have been updated to Dec 22 to January 23.
And I suspect it's just an automatic update as the November end date pretty much can't be met for any car that's no on a ship (two weeks shipping time plus one week processing).

Same thing happens with the the two week date windows.

Still at least three possible ships that will work for December deliveries

Reactions: Missimpatient
Has anyone rented Tesla or spoken to Tesla about a refresher drive prior to delivery. It has been such a long time since the test drive, I'll definitely be wanting a refresher, keen to know what others have done prior to delivery dates etc.
We only drove a M3P and fell in love, but RWD is within our budget so we've never actually driven one 🤣 Hope it doesn't disappoint

And I suspect it's just an automatic update as the November end date pretty much can't be met for any car that's no on a ship (two weeks shipping time plus one week processing).

Same thing happens with the the two week date windows.

Still at least three possible ships that will work for December deliveries
If that is indeed true, then the latest I will get my car is in the week range of 21-28 December on the Paglia. But to be more realistic, most likely early January.

Strange, isn't it?

We've been watching for months and months and at best we see 2-3 week dribs and draps come through months apart.

And then now, they think they can deliver 4 months of cars at once?
On 1% chance they can, it may be because a lot of cancellations/changed orders from 3 to Y that the 3s outstanding orders have reduced to less than 3000 up to May. New order's still showing Feb-May also says something.
To be fair, EDD changed from 6-9 months to 9-12 months in last week of April. Cancellations would have made May orders to fall within 6-9 months.

I dont know if this is helpful but just got off the phone with my sa and he said theres a massive vin allocation coming around 3000 cars on the 20 and 21 of november, and tesla will be closed from the 16 of december till after new years thats why our edd has changed to dec 22 jan 23.
If he is right viking passama is our chance
I just posted a reply and then saw your post with 3000.🤣

Reactions: Latchr
I dont know if this is helpful but just got off the phone with my sa and he said theres a massive vin allocation coming around 3000 cars on the 20 and 21 of november, and tesla will be closed from the 16 of december till after new years thats why our edd has changed to dec 22 jan 23.

Not saying I take the SAs words seriously but if we humor the point,

The one time there's a massive influx of cars is the time they shut down for the holidays...

Never change Tesla Australia, never change.

Treat with caution.
Unless Tesla has suddenly started providing SAs with in depth information...

This is contradictory to what I received from the SA last week. They said that the delivery centre would continue to operate over the Christmas period except for on the public holidays. I guess if we just don't believe anything the SA's say then we can never be disappointed 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
This is contradictory to what I received from the SA last week. They said that the delivery centre would continue to operate over the Christmas period except for on the public holidays. I guess if we just don't believe anything the SA's say then we can never be disappointed 🤷‍♂️
I guess they also tell you "Your Tesla is a rare build so will take a bit longer to wait Bla bla bla". 😂