Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. I received the update in the app when I checked this morning. First change since ordering on the 2/4, app now says Dec-Jan EDD.

Now I have to decide whether to re-register the old crappy car I am replacing, it is due for Rego between Xmas and New Year, and I know it will require a few things to pass. Think maybe we just try and get by with one car for a little while before she arrives… and contact a wrecking yard to come and get the old heap of junk.

LR, Midnight Silver, Black interior OD 2/4
I have a similar situation. I was really hoping that I would have my Model 3 by now, ordering back in April. Although Tesla is giving me a pretty generous Trade In for my old car. But now, if it doesn't arrive before 29/12, I'll have to re register my old car for a couple months until the Tesla comes. =/

1668127203434.png

Morning Crystal might still work for east coasters before Christmas. For anything after that the cars will reach our shores but probably not our garages.

I think it's purely selfish, to reduce the number of calls to SAs. Tesla probably listens to the SA's complaints, just not their customers'.
Maybe a bit of self reflection here. They offer you an SA so your voice is heard. They have updated the ETA because they cant get you the car in time.

It seems like your expectations are unreasonable imo.

Reactions: MozMan and Latchr
Maybe a bit of self reflection here. They offer you an SA so your voice is heard. They have updated the ETA because they cant get you the car in time.

It seems like your expectations are unreasonable imo.
I agree. Tesla has now given a much better EDD range and people are still complaining. If you have had enough of waiting carsales has plenty of M3 for sale.

Reactions: Draco
You mean like the Aug - Nov date range did? Tesla seems to have given it to everyone who ordered between February and June... 5 months of orders to be delivered in a 2 month window? Yeah that ain't happening. I would guess that at least for the May and June orders this new date range is straight up fiction.
Well that depends...
I wonder if they have managed to secure a big ship with lots of room that they intend to fill and send our way?
If they managed to book a whole ship or two and are serious about catching up with the production, they may run a weeks worth of AU production on Model 3 lines and do half a year of our orders in one big batch bringing the waiting times down to more reasonable range?

Reactions: Snoopy1