Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
315111735_431990879098797_3095760470630662019_n.jpg

OD: 16/03
......no VIN assigned yet so might just be Tesla engineers trying to calm down the calls to SA's asking for updates

Reactions: Snoopy1
The theory I had around production changes seem to be correct. They will do a lot of smaller shipments at the start of the export phase and then towards the end send big shipments which will mean the first month of each quarter being a small delivery month will be a thing of the past.
Not a Theory

Tesla themselves came out and said they are looking for a more steady consistent line of deliveries instead of the current wave of deliveries they do now

So just wanted to add my 2 cents.
I talked to a SA a month ago and she had advised me my car would arrive December to January. Didn't think anything of it because I had heard these dates unrealistically before. Now the App has updated to that exact window, tells me Tesla are pushing HARD to get the last quarter fulfilled. I think however, that it will most likely be January for April orders.

Order date 18th April 2022.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Same here. I received the update in the app when I checked this morning. First change since ordering on the 2/4, app now says Dec-Jan EDD.

Now I have to decide whether to re-register the old crappy car I am replacing, it is due for Rego between Xmas and New Year, and I know it will require a few things to pass. Think maybe we just try and get by with one car for a little while before she arrives… and contact a wrecking yard to come and get the old heap of junk.

LR, Midnight Silver, Black interior OD 2/4

At least the new date provides a bit of certainty for order holders.
You mean like the Aug - Nov date range did? Tesla seems to have given it to everyone who ordered between February and June... 5 months of orders to be delivered in a 2 month window? Yeah that ain't happening. I would guess that at least for the May and June orders this new date range is straight up fiction.