Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Model 3 today - ETA Feb - May 2023 - intending to take advantage of the FBT changes and purchase on a Novated Lease.
I made the same decision 3 months ago, Ordered then and got the same ETA :) Mine is going on Novated also if those legislations get through the parliament. Congrats on pulling the trigger on this and good luck keeping your sanity when waiting for the car to arrive and having to deal with the changing delivery window. And, it will definitely be worth the wait when it arrives :p

I made the same decision 3 months ago, Ordered then and got the same ETA :) Mine is going on Novated also if those legislations get through the parliament. Congrats on pulling the trigger on this and good luck keeping your sanity when waiting for the car to arrive and having to deal with the changing delivery window. And, it will definitely be worth the wait when it arrives :p
Thanks! There's nothing intrinsically wrong with our current ZB Commodore - but it will be out of warranty in August 2023, so I figured it was time to organise a replacement. After driving a Model 3 on Friday, getting back in the ZB felt like stepping back 50 years ;)

Picked mine up from Chatswood, Sydney. Reached there on time and was guided by a friendly Tesla rep, Ishan.

Accepted delivery from the account and the car appeared in the app, did the customary light flash and traced the car amidst the number of deliveries lined up for the day. Spent nearly half an hour inspecting and drove off.

Calibration took nearly 50 kms, and the car is now at it's full potential. All the accessories are going in one by one and my turn to call out the 'worth the wait' phrase.

This waiting room has been amazing over the last 9 months and what a great set of people we have in this forum. All those waiting, wish you all the best and hope your car will be here soon.

Any questions, do reach out.
I am also picking mine up in a few days from Chatswood finally after putting my order in back in February.

Did you get the comprehensive insurance before the delivery day? If so, did Tesla give you the rego number before the delivery day?

I am glad that you were given decent amount of time for inspection on site. Is there a particular time limit for the inspection?

You can retrospectively get the novated leasing company to form an agreement. It's sort of like a money loan with more steps, and financially much worse off for you.

Even with an FBT exemption the types of offers I was getting for a novated lease was not worthwhile when I compared with drawing off from my home loan. Normally with petrol cars you package in the petrol and servicing to make it more worthwhile- but you keep those costs low anyway.
Novated lease with FBT exemption not worth even if all the pre-tax money is expected to come from the top tax bracket?

The money I will be using to pay for the Tesla is currently sitting in my home loan offset account (currently offsetting interest rate of 4.74%)

Just a FYI for those looking at order dates and EDD. I'm in Melbourne, ordered on the 20th Feb, White RWD with Black interior (all cheapest options). Though I have had several changes of EDD, I am sitting at Dec 2022 to Jan 2023.
Yes, there are a few of us in the same eastern seaboard camp: Feb orders/awaiting vanillas - good luck to those who have had some progress this w/e 👍

Reactions: Snoopy1 and Minties