Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you buy a used electric vehicle in NSW underneath the $78,000 limit, do you need to pay for stamp duty on registration changeover to new owner?
No you don't. We just bought a second-hand Renault Zoe (which will complement the 3LR when it finally arrives) and my wife did the rego changeover yesterday. The ServiceNSW attendant was confused by how cheap it was!

Reactions: scoturner
I really thought there would be a lot of VINs this weekend with the Morning Cherry in dock and Crystal not far away.
I am Curious which Teslas are receiving VINs at this time, does anyone know if those waiting for model Ys are receiving VINs at this time.

Seems strange so few allocations for these ships with the recent blanket changes in our EDD suggesting there was movement and deliveries should be coming.

Am I missing something?

I really thought there would be a lot of VINs this weekend with the Morning Cherry in dock and Crystal not far away.
I am Curious which Teslas are receiving VINs at this time, does anyone know if those waiting for model Ys are receiving VINs at this time.

Seems strange so few allocations for these ships with the recent blanket changes in our EDD suggesting there was movement and deliveries should be coming.

Am I missing something?
I think the Morning Cherry was anchored off the port of Shanghai until maybe a few hours ago.

It is now moored so if it is going to receive vehicles that would start happening soon. Then it’s anyone’s guess when those VIBs get assigned.

Congratulations!!!

Does yours have the sensors? And if so are they still enabled?

Also, interested in what accessories you got?
Thanks,

Yes the sensors are active and working at the moment. Not sure when it will be turned off in a future software update.

Accessories list as follows:

Fitted floor mats,
Screen protector
Ceramic coating for the seats
Sports pedal covers
Centre console separators

Up in Singapore for a long(ish) weekend, and happened to spy an EV display at Suntec Centre.
As I’m having a look through a M3, one of the SAs comes over and starts chatting, so I took the opportunity to ask a few questions about lead times in Singapore…..
About 4 -6 weeks, and he explained that a client had arranged a certificate of registration, and then had the new car ready to pick up a week later.
So he asked me how long wait times are currently in Australia….. and his jaw dropped when I explained what has been happening on this forum.

Hi all,

Been reading posts for a while and have finally registered to post.

I ordered;
White Model 3 Performance
Black interior
Order date 11/04/22

Status on Tesla account just changed from 6-9months wait to Estimated delivery: Dec 2022 - Jan 2023

Does anyone think there is a chance of getting it before Christmas?

Is there any difference on delivery times of the Performance vs the RWD? I know there were huge numbers of orders of the RWD and less so for the Performance.

Thanks!

I would think unlikely. The December 2022 to January 2023 window seems to be all the unfulfilled overs placed up until the end of April. I'm March 31st and not getting my hopes up for a December delivery but who knows with Tesla............
Definitely not all of April, I’m the backend, 29th, and my EDD reverted from Dec ‘22 - Jan ‘23 to it’s original 9-12 months from order placement. I’m guessing the cutoff is somewhere a bit earlier in April.

Definitely not all of April, I’m the backend, 29th, and my EDD reverted from Dec ‘22 - Jan ‘23 to it’s original 9-12 months from order placement. I’m guessing the cutoff is somewhere a bit earlier in April.
I'm April 14th and for me it still shows Dec-Jan for now. That could change at any moment after reading other people's experiences.
I have made the call to just keep the other car now too until my RWD arrives because it is hard to judge the reality of delivery dates.

Hi all,

Been reading posts for a while and have finally registered to post.

I ordered;
White Model 3 Performance
Black interior
Order date 11/04/22

Status on Tesla account just changed from 6-9months wait to Estimated delivery: Dec 2022 - Jan 2023

Does anyone think there is a chance of getting it before Christmas?

Is there any difference on delivery times of the Performance vs the RWD? I know there were huge numbers of orders of the RWD and less so for the Performance.

Thanks!
Mine was order on 12 March, when July EDD change to Aug - Nov 2022, Nov changed to 9 Nov - 23 Nov, now changed to 24 Nov to 8 Dec, everything is getting late and late then schedule.

Mine was order on 12 March, when July EDD change to Aug - Nov 2022, Nov changed to 9 Nov - 23 Nov, now changed to 24 Nov to 8 Dec, everything is getting late and late then schedule.
I have a very similar order date (15 March) and I've been showing 6-9 months until friday when it changed to Dec-Jan. It hasn't changed back as yet but technically 6-9 months for me is earlier (15 Sep to 15 Dec by my calc). I have a holiday booked from 11th of Dec for a couple of weeks. Anyone know what happens if my delivery date turns out to be during the 2 weeks i'm away?