Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look, I've said what I've had to say. We can only watch as it plays out, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about a successful New Twitter.

I'm personally in the Software/Tech field and I can say that it takes far more people that you'd think to create and maintain a software system, let alone an entire social media network.

Most of the senior talent has left, and those are the ones putting in serious hours and doing the hard work. If you check the 1am picture there's not much seniority present.

I hope sanity prevails and Elon can hand the company over to someone with more experience, to stop embarrassing himself and everything associated with him (Tesla, SpaceX).
Time will tell, as far as numbers go Tesla has hundreds of software engineers while VW, having spent billions and have 5000 have so far failed and are changing plans and targets accordingly.

Reserving the right does not mean I will act in every situation, particularly when the the posts themselves did not impact the flow of the thread.
Interesting.

Your post at the end of October that was intended to put a stop to all the discussion used said the following:
For the next month at least, I will be deleting any further references to his service or this discussion about the service, even in passing and even if it damages the flow of this thread.

You are now changing the language from "I will be..." to "reserving the right".

This distinct change in your words smacks to me of a one-sided view of the situation. As a moderator, I would expect you to take a role that is understanding of different perspectives.

This also raises concerns to me, and re-iterates a concern from someone who last week brought up the VedaPrime topic - that there's no clear definition of what is allowed here, and what isn't.

Now you're suggesting that an important factor of whether the topic is allowed is whether the "flow of the thread" is impacted. Can you elaborate on what the flow is, because without clarification, a definition of the "flow" is quite subjective.

I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps, instead, its on your own whims as to what is allowed in this thread, and when.

This type of behaviour from a moderator - of clearly stating a rule, and then mid-way through the period of time the rule is in effect, changing the terms of the rule - does not make for a great place to express a point of view. It detracts from the value TMC provides to the Australian Tesla community.

In what will likely be a futile effort, I'm going to clearly explain my perspective here:
  • VedaPrime provides factual information to his community - this is undisputed
  • In my view, VedaPrime should be free to include themselves in this community and offer insight when his knowledge is relevant
  • VedaPrime is also free to run his own paid-for service; there's nothing wrong with this either
  • I personally don't think its too much for VedaPrime to include a link to his service in his signature, even though this isn't allowed by the forum rules
However, where I think the line should be drawn, referencing TMC's forum rules:

Under the TMC forum rules heading "Signature Guidelines"
Your signature may not include:
  1. images or animations
  2. unapproved advertising messages
  3. links to commercial or competing websites
  4. e-mail addresses or phone numbers
  5. Tesla referral links
The VedaPrime website is commercial, and it is (in my view) a competing website. the site's address is listed in VedaPrime's signature. Interestingly, the signature says it's a "tracking guide" but the site itself refers to it as a "tracking service". Presumably this variation is to avoid it being flagged to TMC of its actual status as a business.

Under the TMC forum rules heading "No Advertising – Spam":
Do not heedlessly place your advertisements through the Discussion Forums. This will be considered SPAM and could result in the loss of your TMC Community Membership. Affiliate links, referral links, or any link posted for financial benefit, are considered advertising. Those wishing to advertise must first come make an arrangement with TMC management. You may not use TMC to spread the word about or advertise any commercial endeavor, which includes but is not limited to, commercial events, websites, services and businesses. TMC reserves the right to remove any content that fits the above description.
While previously meloccom you have said the word your in "Do not heedlessly place your advertisements through the Discussion Forums" means this only applies to VedaPrime themselves placing advertisement (which, btw, I agree they have not done), it is tenuous to suggest that the "your" pronoun used once at the beginning of this paragraph means everyone else can heedlessly advertise the VedaPrime service at will.

Under the TMC forum rules heading "Competing Sites, Businesses, Individuals and Organizations"
The internet is a big place, and it's no surprise that from time to time a site, business, individual or organization will come along whose mission is to occupy the same niche as TMC. We have no issue with that. However, it would be against our best interests, and therefore the best interests of our members, for us to allow such sites, businesses, individuals and organizations to build upon our popularity by promoting themselves on TMC. Therefore, no competing site, business, individual or organization may attempt to gain traffic from TMC in any way, including but not limited to, links in posts, signatures, profile information, PM's, or emails. TMC reserves the right to remove any information/content displayed/posted on TeslaMotorsClub.com that may promote and push traffic towards competitors.
I believe it is against TMC member's best interest, and TMC's own interest, to allow VedaPrime's site (including the Patreon, and Discord service) to build upon the popularity of TMC by promoting themselves here.

The way VedaPrime is promoted here often cuts short the conversation of this thread about topics of interest - to use your words melaccom's - it disrupts the flow. Those who promote the service typically do so off the back of a conversation or a question about the Model 3 delivery process. Instead of providing an answer that helps the TMC community build its knowledge, the member often repeats the typical phrasing "Have you tried VedaPrime's service? That's where to go to find this out" - its literally the definition of promoting a business.

VedaPrime exists as a chat room environment, with different Discord channels for different topics. It should be unquestioned - VedaPrime is a competing site to TMC.

You might look at the 4th sentence of the rule around competing sites and see that the word "themselves" is used - you may argue again that VedaPrime itself is not actively promoting the commercial service - that its only others who are promoting it. But like the same argument against the No advertising rules, it is tenuous to think that one single word can be the difference between heedless promotion being allowed, or not allowed.

Above are my arguments in support of removing and banning all references to VedaPrime's service here on this thread, and doing so permanently.

If this post is unduly removed, if an unreasonable response is received, or if I am verballed again by other members (i.e. putting forward arguments against things I, and others, have not actually said against VedaPrime's service), I will escalate through whatever means is available on the TMC system.

A quick search shows this is not the only thread VedaPrime is mentioned in. I will also be sure to highlight the references in other threads as well.

If you provide a reasonable response, taking into account the key elements of my perspective above, then great. I may even consider becoming a paid-for TMC member.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: choppa and penn_
Interesting.

Your post at the end of October that was intended to put a stop to all the discussion used said the following:

You are now changing the language from "I will be..." to "reserving the right".

This distinct change in your words smacks to me of a one-sided view of the situation. As a moderator, I would expect you to take a role that is understanding of different perspectives.

This also raises concerns to me, and re-iterates a concern from someone who last week brought up the VedaPrime topic - that there's no clear definition of what is allowed here, and what isn't.

Now you're suggesting that an important factor of whether the topic is allowed is whether the "flow of the thread" is impacted. Can you elaborate on what the flow is, because without clarification, a definition of the "flow" is quite subjective.

I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps, instead, its on your own whims as to what is allowed in this thread, and when.

This type of behaviour from a moderator - of clearly stating a rule, and then mid-way through the period of time the rule is in effect, changing the terms of the rule - does not make for a great place to express a point of view. It detracts from the value TMC provides to the Australian Tesla community.

In what will likely be a futile effort, I'm going to clearly explain my perspective here:
  • VedaPrime provides factual information to his community - this is undisputed
  • In my view, VedaPrime should be free to include themselves in this community and offer insight when his knowledge is relevant
  • VedaPrime is also free to run his own paid-for service; there's nothing wrong with this either
  • I personally don't think its too much for VedaPrime to include a link to his service in his signature, even though this isn't allowed by the forum rules
However, where I think the line should be drawn, referencing TMC's forum rules:

Under the TMC forum rules heading "Signature Guidelines"

The VedaPrime website is commercial, and it is (in my view) a competing website. the site's address is listed in VedaPrime's signature. Interestingly, the signature says it's a "tracking guide" but the site itself refers to it as a "tracking service". Presumably this variation is to avoid it being flagged to TMC of its actual status as a business.

Under the TMC forum rules heading "No Advertising – Spam":

While previously meloccom you have said the word your in "Do not heedlessly place your advertisements through the Discussion Forums" means this only applies to VedaPrime themselves placing advertisement (which, btw, I agree they have not done), it is tenuous to suggest that the "your" pronoun used once at the beginning of this paragraph means everyone else can heedlessly advertise the VedaPrime service at will.

Under the TMC forum rules heading "Competing Sites, Businesses, Individuals and Organizations"

I believe it is against TMC member's best interest, and TMC's own interest, to allow VedaPrime's site (including the Patreon, and Discord service) to build upon the popularity of TMC by promoting themselves here.

The way VedaPrime is promoted here often cuts short the conversation of this thread about topics of interest - to use your words melaccom's - it disrupts the flow. Those who promote the service typically do so off the back of a conversation or a question about the Model 3 delivery process. Instead of providing an answer that helps the TMC community build its knowledge, the member often repeats the typical phrasing "Have you tried VedaPrime's service? That's where to go to find this out" - its literally the definition of promoting a business.

VedaPrime exists as a chat room environment, with different Discord channels for different topics. It should be unquestioned - VedaPrime is a competing site to TMC.

You might look at the 4th sentence of the rule around competing sites and see that the word "themselves" is used - you may argue again that VedaPrime itself is not actively promoting the commercial service - that its only others who are promoting it. But like the same argument against the No advertising rules, it is tenuous to think that one single word can be the difference between heedless promotion being allowed, or not allowed.

Above are my arguments in support of removing and banning all references to VedaPrime's service here on this thread, and doing so permanently.

If this post is unduly removed, if an unreasonable response is received, or if I am verballed again by other members (i.e. putting forward arguments against things I, and others, have not actually said against VedaPrime's service), I will escalate through whatever means is available on the TMC system.

A quick search shows this is not the only thread VedaPrime is mentioned in. I will also be sure to highlight the references in other threads as well.

If you provide a reasonable response, taking into account the key elements of my perspective above, then great. I may even consider becoming a paid-for TMC member.
You have a lot of free time on your hands it seems, we're you recently sacked from Twitter? 😀

Back to Model 3's: 😬

I saw a video of a brand new German delivered, Shanghai built Model 3, and there was one interesting thing that i have not really seen discussed anywhere. It's not just the missing USS and upgraded camera's that are different... They have also implemented the Superhorn, that's been rumored a while ago. Essentially, the horn has been replaced with a loudspeaker - i guess the boombox and horn are one now - Superhorn. Seems to sound very artificial unfortunately.

If you are interested this is the german video, no subs available. :
Those 2 cars have been built one day appart.

I wonder if our cars will keep all the old stuff including cameras & horn.

Reactions: AdeInMelbs
Capture.JPG

🤪
According to reddit 1 in 11 chance for M3P. Not that rare ;)

• Funny
Reactions: chanielden
What's everyone's opinion on premium connectivity?
I was watching ludicrous feed's video about it here:

I must say, I'm a bit torn if after the free trial it would be worth with it or not. It looks like the only real advantage is live traffic? Does it offer any other use over connecting your own phone?

What's everyone's opinion on premium connectivity?
I was watching ludicrous feed's video about it here:

I must say, I'm a bit torn if after the free trial it would be worth with it or not. It looks like the only real advantage is live traffic? Does it offer any other use over connecting your own phone?
A few rumors recently about apple car play in next patch which i think would make it worthless. If I remember the video correctly it was maybe also worth for sentry mode live video?