Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sadly the trend seems to only be going upwards still. It'll be interesting to see if this number reduces over the coming months over the Christmas break.
And yet if you order today, Tesla is still saying Feb-May 2023 for a new order, and this date range has been consistent for months.

So maybe orders have reduced impacted by price hikes, and interest rate increases.

Pulling the trigger on some accessories today

Currently owned:
Tesla offical boot liner
Tesla offical frunk liner
Tesla offical aero wheel cap kit
Matte black emblems

Buying today:
Silicon cup holder insert (amazon, $10)
Center console organiser (amazon, $25)
Matte screen protector kit (Tessories, $22)
Model 3 sunshade kit [roof + windshield] (Tessories, $89)

This pretty much covers me for everything I want, except for interior mats. I think it comes with mats, so I'll check the quality of those and decide if I want others on top.

Reactions: daisy22 and Eamon
Pulling the trigger on some accessories today

Currently owned:
Tesla offical boot liner
Tesla offical frunk liner
Tesla offical aero wheel cap kit
Matte black emblems

Buying today:
Silicon cup holder insert (amazon, $10)
Center console organiser (amazon, $25)
Matte screen protector kit (Tessories, $22)
Model 3 sunshade kit [roof + windshield] (Tessories, $89)

This pretty much covers me for everything I want, except for interior mats. I think it comes with mats, so I'll check the quality of those and decide if I want others on top.
If your 3 is a RWD it wont come with Mats

And yet if you order today, Tesla is still saying Feb-May 2023 for a new order, and this date range has been consistent for months.

So maybe orders have reduced impacted by price hikes, and interest rate increases.
I think the biggest market impacting Shanghai production and lead times is China itself. From all reports, demand in China has gone south very quickly in recent months. They've already dropped prices there and are introducing incentives around insurance.

Given China's annual sales are in the multiple 100s of thousands per annum, compared to our own barely making (I think, this year) 50,000 per annum, China probably has a higher impact on our delivery estimates than our own supply / demand.

This is all just guesswork and speculation, based mostly on better informed people like the various Tesla podcasts I regularly listen to.

If your 3 is a RWD it wont come with Mats
It will come with the little carpet mats. Not all weather mats though, which I think the majority of Tesla owners will want.

@Stokesy I got mine from Braumach. They look pretty good but I can't comment on the fit for around another month!

My list is currently:
INTERIOR - All weather mats, trunk/frunk mats, centre console organiser, hidden compartment tray, performance pedals, cup holder insert, screen protector, door lock covers, bag hooks for trunk and frunk, Tesla pet liner.
EXTERIOR - turbine matt black wheel covers, wheel cap kit.

I'm going to have so much fun installing them all!

Reactions: AlbertParker
Yep, the AU shop says they have come with mats since 2021

Reactions: daisy22 and neilg
Not all weather mats though, which I think the majority of Tesla owners will want.
I don't like the look of the harder, all weather mats. I expect I also won't like the feel as well.

I've never had a problem with getting mud or liquids in any car before, and I don't expect I'll have an issue here.

My mats of course have gotten dirty, but nothing a vacuum couldn't sort out.

Finally some communication. An email from Tesla to say: a M3 has been assigned to my order, they are operating through the holiday period, they anticipate my delivery to occur between mid Dec and mid Jan, and I will receive a text closer to the EDD showing in my account to schedule my Express Delivery appointment.

Account still shows EDD 19-31 Dec. Still no invoice.
I received the same email thus morning, I still have TBD as a date. Is the invoice a separate document? I don't have that but I do have a balance and payment details?

Reactions: daisy22
Hi All

OK, So I have
1. Completed Registration papers
2. Organised $$ (no test payment yet, just a bit early)
3. Have a VIN # care of rego papers

So how do I find out which ship I'm on other than trolling through every RORO carrier coming into Port Kembla?

Thanks

PS. Went to the Alexandria showroom on the Weekend. SA indicated they are open all days over Xmas NY barring Public Holidays.

So if you cant collect in person, I understand you can nominate someone else to collect for you? Has anyone done this, and what was required? A signed letter of authorisation (write it yourself or they provide a standard form)? Do you have to let Tesla know in advance (if so, who?)? proof of insurance?

Reactions: MaskaChaska