Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who are eligible for the $3k NSW subsidy -

I spoke with someone in Sales at Tesla yesterday. Unfortunately we have to submit it ourselves after taking delivery, & it isn’t something that Tesla claims on your behalf & deducts from the balance owing.

On the NSW Gov website, you need to register (create an account), & then you need to provide a certificate of registration, proof of registration entitlement & your drivers license.

I guess it could be done prior, depending on your delivery timeline of when those documents are finalised & made available to you?
In Victoria the process is different. The dealer applies the subsidy on our behalf and the $3k gets deducted on the driveaway price.

Reactions: AlbertParker
I finally got my Allianz quote down to $1195/year. My last move was to set the agreed value to the bare minimum (~44k). I will leave it like that for the next 2 years - the policy already has old for new replacement in case of total loss within 2 years of manufacture. Also, no hire vehicle included (we have a second car).
I would check with them if that agreed value can be raised at a later time. While it gets your quote down in the short term, if they won't raise it back to the market value in 2 years you could be out of pocket in the case of an accident

Got my SMS for collection! After initially logging in and being told slots were full (presumably the Monday got opened up first), seems they've opened up for Tuesday in Melbourne as well. So Tuesday afternoon it is! Looking forward to it.

Despite some niggling delays in the past couple of weeks, it has been pretty smooth sailing the whole way in my experience - from ordering, to registration, to payment, through to collection.

Now to finalise the insurance.

Good luck to those still waiting around the country. Thanks in particular for those who have contributed insights to me thus far.
I'll see you around this forum (in other pages), but otherwise look out on the road for a smiling driver in a Black/Black M3 Long Range if you're in Melbourne!

Got my SMS for collection! After initially logging in and being told slots were full (presumably the Monday got opened up first), seems they've opened up for Tuesday in Melbourne as well. So Tuesday afternoon it is! Looking forward to it.

Despite some niggling delays in the past couple of weeks, it has been pretty smooth sailing the whole way in my experience - from ordering, to registration, to payment, through to collection.

Now to finalise the insurance.

Good luck to those still waiting around the country. Thanks in particular for those who have contributed insights to me thus far.
I'll see you around this forum (in other pages), but otherwise look out on the road for a smiling driver in a Black/Black M3 Long Range if you're in Melbourne!
Congratulations man. Enjoy the car. Hoping to pick up mine too next week

For those who are eligible for the $3k NSW subsidy -

I spoke with someone in Sales at Tesla yesterday. Unfortunately we have to submit it ourselves after taking delivery, & it isn’t something that Tesla claims on your behalf & deducts from the balance owing.

On the NSW Gov website, you need to register (create an account), & then you need to provide a certificate of registration, proof of registration entitlement & your drivers license.

I guess it could be done prior, depending on your delivery timeline of when those documents are finalised & made available to you?
Do you mean the stamp duty refund?

If so this is incorrect. The NSW revenue website says that for vehicles registered after 15 August the exemption is automatically applied and you don't pay it then have to claim it back

They do, but only in person if paying for the car. There’s a surcharge.. anyone know what it is?

The order fee is the only part you can do using credit card, not present, without surcharge.

Would love to see any apple music app/carplay/android auto come to tesla.

Does the recent spat between Elon/Twitter and Apple offer any clues, I wonder..
I asked the SA and credit card surcharge is 1.7%

She said payment via credit card can be made on the day of collection which seems bizarre to me. I’ll make the effort to go in and pay the week before to make sure it’s paid in full 2 days prior. From everything I’ve seen by lurking on these forums, I’m not sure if SA’s really know the process either….

Reactions: choppa
Got a build date today of 28/11.
RWD vanilla.
Is that the latest build date we have seen? There have been a few 22/11 that I have noticed.
I saw your update in the spreadsheet just now - mine is also build date 28/11.

Merry Xmas(????) or perhaps it's HNY ...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

M3 RWD Blue/black | Sydney
OD: 9/3
EDD: 14/12-28/12

Reactions: Robdunc
They do, but only in person if paying for the car. There’s a surcharge.. anyone know what it is?

See my post below, I believe the surcharges are the same nationwide. I also think that as with other payment methods, the funds have to clear 48 hours before pickup (ie your account balance has to update to show you've paid everything off), so you can't go in and pay by card on the same day as delivery (even if your credit card limit covers the cost of the car - mine didn't!).

Reactions: choppa
I once bought a house on an interest free for life of loan credit card overseas, geez I was lucky to get that deal. Still had to pay a $10 monthly account keeping fee though, took me 3 years to pay it off.
If you can get a good deal with a credit card and can pay it off without hassle why not, but you want to make sure that the interest rate on it won’t go up.
I’m not a financial advisor!
Buyer beware….

Reactions: MozMan and choppa