Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent a text to Tesla today asking about having one of the current inventory cars assigned to my order. They responded "Hi, due to a system error there are vehicles listed in our inventory that are not actually available." If that's the case, why are they not fixing it? They have been showing as available for days. I feel like they just don't want to send them to North Queensland...
It's not true - not in VIC at least. I changed my spec and was assigned one of the available inventory listed almost immediately whilst on the phone to an SA. The first one I spoke to said the same thing you were told, however the second one I spoke to told me they are available for purchase.

The guy told me if you change your spec to match, you should get automatically assigned one from the inventory, but you also run the risk of not doing it in time and missing out.

It's not true - not in VIC at least. I changed my spec and was assigned one of the available inventory listed almost immediately whilst on the phone to an SA. The first one I spoke to said the same thing you were told, however the second one I spoke to told me they are available for purchase.

The guy told me if you change your spec to match, you should get automatically assigned one from the inventory, but you also run the risk of not doing it in time and missing out.
Interesting. There is one in Vic and one in SA (possibly the same car?) in the same spec as my order (RWD, black, white interior, aero wheels). I have just changed my spec to match the one in Brisbane (RWD, MSM, white interior, sport wheels) to see if it gets matched to my order.

Does the Payment Method on your profile ever get ticked? Have paid earlier this week and balance is 0 but no tick.
1669928066049.png

Call it the cynicism you get from being on this thread for many months, but does anyone else think it’s possible the account that joined TMC a few days ago just to tell us they picked up a car from the inventory after they first placed their order in October, could that account actually be a troll?

I wouldn’t follow the advice provided and just change my order spec. I’d at least have a chat to a Tesla SA first myself.

Call it the cynicism you get from being on this thread for many months, but does anyone else think it’s possible the account that joined TMC a few days ago just to tell us they picked up a car from the inventory after they first placed their order in October, could that account actually be a troll?

I wouldn’t follow the advice provided and just change my order spec. I’d at least have a chat to a Tesla SA
I didn't think anything of it but not sure I'd be taking such drastic action based on one comment either.
That post does seem out of step with what most others are saying. I know we don't rely on what the SAs tell us, but they seem to have been fairly accurate (well, in the vicinity of being somewhat right) lately.

I didn't think anything of it but not sure I'd be taking such drastic action based on one comment either.
That post does seem out of step with what most others are saying. I know we don't rely on what the SAs tell us, but they seem to have been fairly accurate (well, in the vicinity of being somewhat right) lately.

My ODD was April but yeah I did do this.

Talked with the SA on 29th to confirm that there were LR cars in inventory for VIC. Then she reset my account and I changed spec from RWD to LR to match and in an hour or two was assigned the inventory car.

There is no way I would do this without the SA on the phone to confirm everything tho.

I wouldn’t follow the advice provided and just change my order spec. I’d at least have a chat to a Tesla SA first myself.
Maybe, but I don't see what they'd gain from it, and it's not the only time I've heard of inventory cars being assigned to existing orders after changing specs. I'm not real fussed about the exterior colour or wheels as long as I can get a RWD with white interior. I'm also not in a huge hurry to get the car (I only ordered in July so haven't been waiting anywhere near as long as others here) but if the opportunity arises to get one sooner I'll take it.

Not that I really need to prove myself, but here are screenshots of my initial orders EDD and my updated orders EDD after I changed spec. I'll even throw in a screenshot of the original orders email and the new one for you! No trolling or BS here ☺️

Attachments

• received_2128960907287008~2.jpg
    received_2128960907287008~2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20221130-134037~2.png
    Screenshot_20221130-134037~2.png
    555.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20221202-091614~2.png
    Screenshot_20221202-091614~2.png
    344.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20221202-091753.png
    Screenshot_20221202-091753.png