Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email from Tesla to join them for a webinar to explore my new car, I know the M3 inside out I’ve had over 6 months to study it, just give me a dang EDD and final invoice haha 😂
1669937247191.png

Interesting. There is one in Vic and one in SA (possibly the same car?) in the same spec as my order (RWD, black, white interior, aero wheels). I have just changed my spec to match the one in Brisbane (RWD, MSM, white interior, sport wheels) to see if it gets matched to my order.
Just got a call from Tesla. The car has been assigned to my order. I now have 7 days to make payment, and they'll book it on a truck once full payment is received. Looks like I might be getting a Tesla for Christmas! Screenshot for the sceptics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221202-100151.png
    Screenshot_20221202-100151.png
    260.3 KB · Views: 32
My God how is this possible?? I ordered in MAY
I know man!! What are your specs again? I've been lurking and recognise your handle but haven't posted much since I got this freaking amazing news.

I ordered online on 13 Aug after test driving in Parramatta (NSW), and spoke to an SA there. Built some rapport with her, as she chatted with me, my boyfriend and parents. It was extremely busy as usual for the weekend, but left as soon as our time was up, and thanked her for her time.

We submitted our order online that night, and she sent a follow up email on Monday. I told her we already ordered, and told her wouldn't bother her again!

Then out of the blue this week, checked the app for the millionth time that day and it refreshed to the 2 week window in December. After seeing the debacle of people getting updated dates and then getting walked back to the usual EDD, I tried to ignore it thinking it was a glitch. Then got a call within 30 mins from our SA in parramatta advising we have matched to a car. She specifically asked if we’d be available during the window, and how we’d be paying, and that was that.

My account updated to include the registration papers almost immediately (with VIN and odometer reading ~ 4km FYI), then within 24 hours received the invoice. I’ve since submitted the rego papers, SA emailed back confirming all was good and she’d upload the rego papers to our account.

Our car is clearly a cancellation. My theory is, the cancellation was under my SA’s watch and I was chosen next for some bizarre reason. I don’t email her, I doubt she’d have remembered me, I mean I’ve been told I’m full of personality and can charm the pants of people (my boyfriend’s words), so I have no idea why my order was chosen from AUGUST. Cancellations seem to be managed by the SA’s and don’t go back to the “pool”/person on the ship that keeps dropping their pencil.

I feel for everyone that has been waiting a good part of 2022. I really hope it means there’s a flood of cars coming.

Reactions: Ryanjava
Vin received via final invoice today.

Am I wrong or did I get lucky with a cancellation? I ordered 16th May with an original EDD of 9-12 months (so Feb - May). EDD updated about a week ago to 2 Jan - 16 Jan and a day later updated to 16 Dec to 29 Dec where it currently stands. So I’m getting my car about 1-1.5 months early.

Order is RWD Midnight Silver delivering to Chatswood, Sydney. Any idea what boat it might be on?

Reactions: daisy22
Vin received via final invoice today.

Am I wrong or did I get lucky with a cancellation? I ordered 16th May with an original EDD of 9-12 months (so Feb - May). EDD updated about a week ago to 2 Jan - 16 Jan and a day later updated to 16 Dec to 29 Dec where it currently stands. So I’m getting my car about 1-1.5 months early.

Order is RWD Midnight Silver delivering to Chatswood, Sydney. Any idea what boat it might be on?
We are extremely lucky to be receiving EDD before expected, whilst others that have been waiting since Feb/Mar/April, that have had their EDD extended multiple times, are still waiting and waiting and waiting....

Reactions: AlbertParker
People doubted but it looks like Tesla has absolutely smashed out its Q1/2 Backlog of M3's and is even part way through it's Q3 backlog.

How long before Tesla changes new order EDD's to ~ 12 weeks. They are getting damn close to meeting that target now after the shitshow that has been this year
Except I think they have forgotten about some of us Melbourne folk.... 😢

Reactions: AdeInMelbs