Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so basically if I get my car in Feb and it has a Nov22 build date, I can still sell that as a MY23 model? Im just hoping I dont get a brand new car thats already a year old on paper?
I just went through all this myself. Was expecting Feb-may delivery and got allocated my MY for pick up next week.. I was torn about resale as well but decided to just go ahead anyway.. I’m impatient ha

This may be of some help. Redbook values are used by dealers as a guide to set prices I believe.
They do. I walked into a dealership yesterday and asked for a price for my car. He got on Red Book and did a valuation. When I said it was too low for what I wanted, he recommended Car Sales instant quote, saying that he sold his car that way.
So I did, and got quoted $2k less than the red book value he gave me 😂.

I just went through all this myself. Was expecting Feb-may delivery and got allocated my MY for pick up next week.. I was torn about resale as well but decided to just go ahead anyway.. I’m impatient ha
Seems Tesla might be different to other manufacturers regarding Model Year. And I do consider it concerning, I have taken delivery of other vehicles late in the calendar year with little concern as I knew they would be model tagged with the next years calendar year.
In this instance I have a build date of 22/11/22 scheduled to pick up between 16 Dec to 30 Dec. Given this vehicle is likely to be on Viking Passama and arriving in Port Kembla 22 December I think it is safe to say I will be lucky to expect delivery before Jan 2023. So I collect 2022 model in 2023.
Not to mention that we are now looking at buying a model superseded by revised Model 3 for manufacture 3rd or 4th quarter of 2023. With potential price reduction. Help.
Positives I am hanging onto are price on order in Feb honoured and price of trade for BMW 328i GT honoured.

Seems Tesla might be different to other manufacturers regarding Model Year. And I do consider it concerning, I have taken delivery of other vehicles late in the calendar year with little concern as I knew they would be model tagged with the next years calendar year.
In this instance I have a build date of 22/11/22 scheduled to pick up between 16 Dec to 30 Dec. Given this vehicle is likely to be on Viking Passama and arriving in Port Kembla 22 December I think it is safe to say I will be lucky to expect delivery before Jan 2023. So I collect 2022 model in 2023.
Not to mention that we are now looking at buying a model superseded by revised Model 3 for manufacture 3rd or 4th quarter of 2023. With potential price reduction. Help.
Positives I am hanging onto are price on order in Feb honoured and price of trade for BMW 328i GT honoured.
Then hang on to those positives. You can’t ALWAYS get what you want, but you know you ARE getting the car you want now. There’s always something new around the corner.

They do. I walked into a dealership yesterday and asked for a price for my car. He got on Red Book and did a valuation. When I said it was too low for what I wanted, he recommended Car Sales instant quote, saying that he sold his car that way.
So I did, and got quoted $2k less than the red book value he gave me 😂.
Car sales instant quote is rubbish, they offered me $2,000 less than what Tesla did, I'll be selling private.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Ok so back to square one then, if I get my car in feb with a nov22 build date, my car on paper is technically a year old?
That’s exactly right. Despite the numerous justifications about Tesla being so different from other manufactures with their build dates. They are not I. The eyes of the buyer holding the cash. Spend 10 minutes and call a few dealers and ask them straight up for the difference between a 2022 and a 2023 build date valuation. Just remember a one year difference I. Advertised build date is when the maximum depreciation will occur. After 24 vehicles I can assure you that it matters if you care about dollars.

RWD white/black. Thought by going "el cheapo" I'd get the car in 20 weeks from Feb 14 like the website had at the time...egg on my face
Yeh thats strange? white is the default colour as well, its so common, I ordered RWD white with white/black interior and had a delivery date 2 weeks after I ordered it, I had to defer it till the end of Jan, its weird how it all works??

Yeh thats strange? white is the default colour as well, its so common, I ordered RWD white with white/black interior and had a delivery date 2 weeks after I ordered it, I had to defer it till the end of Jan, its weird how it all works??
Yeah it’s strange. I still have a Feb-May delivery. Ordered late July. And Tesla PERTH had one for sale in inventory yesterday that I missed. Odd, it is, this whole process.

Reactions: No EV
That’s exactly right. Despite the numerous justifications about Tesla being so different from other manufactures with their build dates. They are not I. The eyes of the buyer holding the cash. Spend 10 minutes and call a few dealers and ask them straight up for the difference between a 2022 and a 2023 build date valuation. Just remember a one year difference I. Advertised build date is when the maximum depreciation will occur. After 24 vehicles I can assure you that it matters if you care about dollars.
I care about $, if I cancelled I would have to order at a higher price or wait and hope for a price cut. I would also have to carry on buying petrol for my current car while it's value goes down.

Reactions: choppa
A question for my fellow New South Welshpeople, not sure if it applies to other states. This also might be a stupid question. I noticed on the final invoice that Tesla are invoicing for CTP. Obviously CTP must be done before the rego but do we know what company the CTP is with? If we actually need to make a claim on CTP, who do we call? This is just theoretical BTW I don’t yet even have the car.

A question for my fellow New South Welshpeople, not sure if it applies to other states. This also might be a stupid question. I noticed on the final invoice that Tesla are invoicing for CTP. Obviously CTP must be done before the rego but do we know what company the CTP is with? If we actually need to make a claim on CTP, who do we call? This is just theoretical BTW I don’t yet even have the car.
On the QLD rego form (the formal Main Roads vehicle registration form) we nominate our CTP provider from 3 or 4 options - is it the same down there?

Reactions: Missimpatient