Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it be fair to say that if you haven't received a VIN yet that your car is definitely not on that ship?

Also, does anyone know how long it typically takes from when a VIN is received to delivery?

Sorry if these are dumb questions I rarely go on this forum.
Cars that are on the Morning Cherry will have a EDD of December 14/15 - 30/31st in their app.
Do you have that?

From what I've gathered there are two scenarios:

1) VIN assigned at Shangai, usually 1-2 days after car is built.
2) VIN assigned at sea

For Melbourne, I'd guess it would be 4-6 weeks from car built to delivered, however at the moment there is a lot of congestion at the docks causing slowness. Morning Crystal and Morning Cherry were stuck out of Port Kembla for almost a week, and Don Juan was stuck outside of Port Melbourne for a week.

There's no dumb questions mate. I came here once and knew nothing just like everyone else!

1670886566096.png

Source: xkcd

My daily transfer limit is 20k (Commonwealth bank). Anyone else have this problem? I was thinking if I could transfer from different accounts, is that allowed? anyone else try that?
With a previous vehicle purchase, I called, increased the transfer limit, processed the transfer in the app while still on the phone, then had them reset the transfer limit once it was done.

Reactions: Pierce11 and knan
My daily transfer limit is 20k (Commonwealth bank). Anyone else have this problem? I was thinking if I could transfer from different accounts, is that allowed? anyone else try that?
I have similar limit. I've just done multiple transactions. The first one cleared overnight and I've done a second one today. I wanted to hang onto my money for as long as possible but the hassle is not worth it for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: knan
I have the same order date and got a VIN in mid November. My build date was 1/11/22. It is a vanilla M3. They shipped the car to Singapore where it has sat since 13/11 and still sitting there! Now scheduled to ship until 25/12/22.

Guess it is enjoying the sights of Singa!
I only received the updated EDD on Saturday and the 'assigned you a vehicle' email yesterday so maybe it's still on a ship somewhere and is a cancellation

Did you complete the "Prepare for delivery" step? I had a similar issue with the same EDD as didn't answer the question related to trade-in, registration etc.

Also, use the Australia link to find the VIN.
en_AU/teslaaccount/

1670897115229.png

If you have no hidden vin, it means your car is not built yet

This post has inspired me to go ahead and book international travel for a month from 21st January.

Flight prices are rising rapidly. I also don't have a VIN, despite a Dec-Jan EDD (order date 23/04 for RWD). If my car isn't yet built then the chance of me getting the car in early January is very low.

Therefore, I have made the call that I will most likely get the car while I'm away and I'll get a friend to go and pick it up for me. That was preferable for waiting for a VIN and updated EDD that might not come for another 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: notaballer25