Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For info of those with regional deliveries, Tesla will not provide you with the car transport company's name or the booking reference. They say that this is for privacy reasons and because the carriers were getting too many calls from customers, but I have bought multiple cars from interstate and the dealers have always provided this information. I have paid for the car and it is registered in my name; why should I not be entitled to know where it is? They also said that the carrier will not call until the day of, or day prior to, delivery. Not a whole lot of notice...

• Informative
Reactions: No EV and choppa
I'm new here. Placed my order 12 Oct with Feb to May 2023 EDD. Just got an update on wednesday and EDD is now 22 DEC to 31 DEC. I'm currently waiting for my trade in valuation to come thru. How long was the valuation process for those who traded in?
I asked for trade in quote after i got the invoice. only took a day or two at the most. The quote I got seemed to be just a middle-of-the road Redbook trade-in valuation, which seems to be standard for any dealer quote for a sight-unseen car. If it's a deal breaker for you and you don't want to wait a day or so, pay for a Redbook valuation (about $30). I ended up privately selling for $7.3k more than the Tesla quote.

I asked for trade in quote after i got the invoice. only took a day or two at the most. The quote I got seemed to be just a middle-of-the road Redbook trade-in valuation, which seems to be standard for any dealer quote for a sight-unseen car. If it's a deal breaker for you and you don't want to wait a day or so, pay for a Redbook valuation (about $30). I ended up privately selling for $7.3k more than the Tesla quote.
Yeah, I got mine the next business day but it seemed a bit low. I eventually used the carsales instant offer as they came back with a higher offer and the whole service was pretty fast and seamless

Reactions: Missimpatient
OK, it's Friday, Happy Hour time in most of Aus, enough of my 1st world issue moaning and whining I suppose... no one cares 🤣 🍻
Flip side, what are the bonuses of waiting 10-11 months for a car that you hoped would be 5-7 at time of order?
1. Big deal, many other makes and models are 12 months+, so be thankful and get over it?
2. More time to think about what home charging option I am going to put in
3. More time to organise those Evie & other plastic cards things for charging on the road
4. More accessory research and buying time
5. A better appreciation for Public Transport
6. I aint paid for it yet, money better in my bank
7. It will be sooooooooooooooooo worth the wait.. ...Any obvious misses to bring some positivity to close the week? 🙂

Last edited:
Also for people thinking their cars are on the Viking it's not. It's not carrying Tesla's for the east coast. You want to be looking at the immacolata

I’ve been looking at it, sitting around in Brisbane port for 4.5 days now.

Historical data shows it’s usually in & out at ports around the world in 1 to 2 days.

It spent less than a day at Shanghai before heading straight over to Brissy.

What’s the travel time from there down to Port Kembla, like 2 or 3 days?

So what’s the deal. How does that justify an EDD window ending 5 weeks away?

Apologies for the rant. I obviously don’t expect anyone to answer. Nor Tesla, apparently. I’m just becoming frustrated with the whole thing now.

I do think the root of this comes from the EDD updating & providing false hope to people.
Had it have never suggested to me that it *could* be Dec X to Y, & had nobody prompted me to finalise things for it, then I wouldn’t feel any different towards the whole situation right now & would still be in my original kicking back & waiting phase.

Instead, I was contacted & advised to complete payments, insurance & registration “to avoid delays”, which I happily have done.
Now I feel like I’ve been lied to or had something taken away.

Again, I totally understand that there are elements of transport beyond their control, but at no point has anyone called, emailed or messaged me to provide any insight or update what so ever.

Sh*t customer support, sh*t experience, & I haven’t seen, touched or potentially even been in the same country as the product yet.
Not a great start.

OK, it's Friday, Happy Hour time in most of Aus, enough of my 1st world issue moaning and whining I suppose... no one cares 🤣 🍻
Flip side, what are the bonuses of waiting 10-11 months for a car that you hoped would be 5-7 at time of order?
1. Big deal, many other makes and models are 12 months+, so be thankful and get over it?
2. More time to think about what home charging option I am going to put in
3. More time to organise those Evie & other plastic cards things for charging on the road
4. More accessory research and buying time
5. A better appreciation for Public Transport
6. I aint paid for it yet, money better in my bank
7. It will be sooooooooooooooooo worth the wait.. ...Any obvious misses to bring some positivity to close the week? 🙂
If you sold your previous car, would have got a better price, now that the market is starting to tank.

Reactions: BegaPride

Historical data shows it’s usually in & out at ports around the world in 1 to 2 days.

Apologies for the rant. I obviously don’t expect anyone to answer. Nor Tesla, apparently. I’m just becoming frustrated with the whole thing now.

I do think the root of this comes from the EDD updating & providing false hope to people.
Had it have never suggested to me that it *could* be Dec X to Y, & had nobody prompted me to finalise things for it, then I wouldn’t feel any different towards the whole situation right now & would still be in my original kicking back & waiting phase.

Instead, I was contacted & advised to complete payments, insurance & registration “to avoid delays”, which I happily have done.

Again, I totally understand that there are elements of transport beyond their control, but at no point has anyone called, emailed or messaged me to provide any insight or update what so ever.

Sh*t customer support, sh*t experience, & I haven’t seen, touched or potentially even been in the same country as the product yet.
Not a great start.

Ok I'll elaborate. It's sitting in Brisbane because the port is congested. I'm part of vedaprimes service, and I'm trying my best to help by giving information without breaking his TOS.

I know very well how it's like to have zero information from Tesla and how fustrating it is, which is why I'm doing this.

Not a great start.
Recent post from VedaPrime said that there will be delays through to mid Jan and it is basically transport delays, not Tesla's fault (I'm paraphrasing, apologies if I got it wrong).

I feel somewhat responsible for the delay. Selling my ICE was bound to jinx it and delay delivery. Sorry everyone 🙏